Author Topic: Eurovision Song Contest!  (Read 1855 times)

Offline epithelia

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
Eurovision Song Contest!
« on: May 19, 2019, 10:58:11 am »
Eurovision
Song Contest

"Dare To Dream"

What Is Eurovision Song Contest?
The Eurovision Song Contest (French: Concours Eurovision de la chanson; German: Liederwettbewerb der Eurovision), often simply called Eurovision, is an annual international song competition, with participants representing primarily European countries. Each participating country submits an original song to be performed on live television and radio, then casts votes for the other countries' songs to determine the winner. At least 50 countries are eligible to compete as of 2018, and since 2015, Australia has been allowed as a guest entrant.
Based on the Sanremo Music Festival held in Italy since 1951, Eurovision has been broadcasting every year since its inauguration in 1956, making it the longest-running annual international television contest and one of the world's longest-running television programmes. It is also one of the most watched non-sporting events, with audience figures of between 100 million and 600 million internationally. It has been broadcast in several countries that do not compete, such as the United States, Canada, New Zealand, and China. Since 2000, it has been broadcast online via the Eurovision website.

Ireland holds the record for most victories, with seven wins, including four times in five years in 1992, 1993, 1994, and 1996. Under the current voting system, in place since 2016, the highest-scoring winner is Salvador Sobral of Portugal who won the 2017 contest in Kyiv, Ukraine, with 758 points; under the previous system, the highest-scoring winner was Alexander Rybak of Norway with 387 points in 2009. Winning the Eurovision Song Contest provides artists with a local career boost and sometimes long-lasting international success. Some of them include ABBA (winners for Sweden), Bucks Fizz & Lulu (winners for the UK), Celine Dion (winner for Switzerland), Johnny Logan (who won the contest twice for Ireland), Dana International (for Israel) and Lena (who won for Germany).

Hello everyone, welcome to Eurovision 2019!
So, this contest was held in Israel, because of Netta's victory. Now, I will announce the 2019 winner!
Before that, I'd like to tell you which countries have appeared in the Grand Final!

San Marino:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5arNtTYK1s

Woah, those songs are great!
But, we need a winner, right?

The Eurovision 2019 winner is...

Netherlands!

Congratulations to Netherlands, it was a great song!

What if we had a second winner?

Reply your favourite except Netherlands, who won, and if a country has 3 votes then it will be in the poll!
The maximum of votes is 2!

I'm so excited for the second winner, and you?

Estonia 1/3
Iceland 1/3
Norway 2/3
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 04:34:02 pm by .Alone. »

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Eurovision Song Contest!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 07:21:31 pm »
GOD BLESS THE DUTCH
yEET

im eternally biased in the favor of netherlands and estonia so there's my answer.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline gh0ul

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • ~~Son Fett
    • View Profile
Re: Eurovision Song Contest!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 12:04:22 pm »
The dudes from Iceland

<3