Author Topic: [WIP] Characters: An Art (The Many Types of Characters and How to Roleplay Them)  (Read 24990 times)

Offline Twee

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
Updated with some images. Designing a Character is almost complete. There's still a bit more I wanted to add, but I can't remember it right now - I'll add more later if anything comes to mind!

You're completely free to use the lineart I used to make the images at your leisure. Just don't erase the signature at the top or claim it as your own! You'll need an image program such as Photoshop, Paint Tool SAI, GIMP or OpenCanvas to use it though. Anything that uses layers should work! If you're having problems or have a question, feel free to ask here or PM me.

Art by Kalambo @ dA
My dA

Offline Mxter

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
    I'm new to roleplaying, although I've spent a lot of time looking at the roleplay forums on Feralheart, and I think your guide is amazing! It's certainly the most detailed roleplaying guide I've found.
    I like how you listed all the common character cliches and stereotypes and their flaws. It's very useful for avoiding flat characters. I'll definitely keep them in mind.
    My favorite part was the character chart. I tried to be as in-depth as I could when creating my character, but now I realize I've never thought about his sleeping patterns! :o The chart really made me think of all the tiny details a character's personality should contain.
    Thank you very much for creating this guide! I'm not sure whether you're still working on it, but I think that the sections that up are worth reading. If I could, I'd give you a floof.

Offline Twee

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
Wee update for you all. <3 It's been a while, I apologise!

I added an example to the Types of Characters section. I'll try and add more examples to the other sections and then keep working on the ones still to be done!

Art by Kalambo @ dA
My dA

Offline .BlackCrow.

• Curious Wanderer
  • In-game name: .BlackCrow.
    • View Profile
    I'm new to roleplaying, although I've spent a lot of time looking at the roleplay forums on Feralheart, and I think your guide is amazing! It's certainly the most detailed roleplaying guide I've found.
    I like how you listed all the common character cliches and stereotypes and their flaws. It's very useful for avoiding flat characters. I'll definitely keep them in mind.
    My favorite part was the character chart. I tried to be as in-depth as I could when creating my character, but now I realize I've never thought about his sleeping patterns! :o The chart really made me think of all the tiny details a character's personality should contain.
    Thank you very much for creating this guide! I'm not sure whether you're still working on it, but I think that the sections that up are worth reading. If I could, I'd give you a floof.

Nove, that piglet is so adorable <3 T-T

Do you mind if I Slytherin?

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Offline Twee

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile

Art by Kalambo @ dA
My dA

Offline Backflip

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile

Offline Thornscars

• don't you cry
    • flower-magic
    • flower magic
    • blossomserpent
    • View Profile
Ooh, I'm a writer and this'll help a LOT.

signature by cordisawire

Offline Twee

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
Ooh, I'm a writer and this'll help a LOT.

Glad you find it useful! ^^ Hopefully the rest will be updated soon!

Art by Kalambo @ dA
My dA

Offline StarBurst

• I can't think what to put here...
    • View Profile
Hey, just wanted to point out that a group of male cheetahs is a coalition, not a single cheetah.
There are 3 things I know about you:
1. You cannot touch all your teeth at once with your tongue.
2. You just tried it so you know its not true.
3. You are copying and pasting this into your own siggy.
Don't click this, really don't.  http://tinyurl.com/fhroleplay