Poll

How would you rate this forum? 10 being highest, 0 lowest.

7-8
5-6
3-4
1-2

Author Topic: Rate the forum  (Read 11012 times)

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
Re: Rate the forum
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 01:38:48 am »
9/10
I like the overall forum, with it's colors, and things like that. :3 It's very neat.
The only thing I see bad with it is that I think there are too many old posts, and repeated topics. Things like that. xD But other than that, I really like it! It's very easy to use. :D

Offline TannerWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • minceraft
    • SekiiRei
    • Zanekai
    • SekiiRei
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 08:46:14 am »
I say a 7-8 mainly because sometimes when I am reading, the fint color & text starts to hurt my eyes.
And also, I believe there should be a few more boards.

The good thing is the layout is well-layed-out, say, as in things are easy to find, and a lot of people on the forum are really nice. ^^

I could say a lot more, but sadly, I am lazy. xD

Offline Aval0n

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Noot noot~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 06:35:10 pm »
I would say eight, the forum is excellent, but I would like it more if there where posts things that are currently coming along.
Unless that's put in news...

As said earlier, old posts and a blank black background aren't the most epic things that could be on the forum...
In-game username: Aval0n

The White Lion

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 07:19:50 pm »

Honestly, I think alot of the topics combined together should be seperate--for instance, in the "Have Your Say," there should be a separate board or something for polls created by members, and polls created by staff.

I'm not sure if you think it's fair to grade the forum on this or not, but I think it's something that can decide the quality of a forum.  I think some of the mods are a little harsh...I found a topic in The Randomz Talk that was locked after 1 person replied, and in my opinion, I think it was unfair.

I think Off-Topic Discussion boards are created so users can express opinions, and personal views(as long as no one is discriminating against someone else, or breaking rules) they have.  So, I think some topics are locked that shouldn't be. (Sorry if that was a bit off-topic xD).

Just to add, when I look at the way a forum is moderated, I think it can effect the quality of the forum itself.  If I think someone is being a bad moderator, or I think it's not moderated enough, it gives a bad "environment" to me, and makes the forum look bad.  On the WQ forum, a moderator was extremely rude to me, and I've never returned to the forum since.

Also, the "News" page isn't used, and I think it should be used more often.  The Game News and Site Updates is fine(which I also think should be combined), but I don't see why you have both.

I mainly think the board could use some room, so combine Videos with FeralHeart Creations, possibly?

Oh, and, I'm not trying to compare Feralheart with Arokai, so don't take this the wrong way, but on Arokai's forum they have a little like button, and I'm not sure if you can add that to this forum, but I think it's a good idea.

So, basically, the moderation could use some work, some of the boards could be combined, and little things here and there.

I'm not saying these things are things that you HAVE to change, I just think these are some things you could fix(in my opinion of course) if you really want to improve.

Offline Xoppa

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Call me *****.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2011, 08:45:45 pm »
I gave it a 9 :D Simply because its fun in here and the people are nice. :) And.. Not 10 because theres not enough action, tough this is (just) a Forum.

Evanescence

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 09:56:58 pm »
I love the fourm... I post too much sometimez D:     :D but the only reason its not 10 for me is cause I think there should be a How-To place XD

Rukata

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 03:03:30 pm »
Eeeh, I say 4.
It's less than I want from the Feral-Heart forum, but it will do, if I must be here for everything Feral-Heart related. Also, keep in mind I never wanted this to be the official FH forum.. I want to stay on Stacey's Forum, I still like it more, but this forum just murdered it with a cleaver. I'm the most stubborn person you'll meet, ask anyone, and I had planned on staying at the proboards forum.. so moving sucked for me, and still sucks. Anyway, here's what I think:

General Look 5/10: I don't like the color scheme; tan is fine and dandy for lions, I understand it, but yellow and black.. ew. Black is alright, since it goes with everything and it's easy to see any kind of text on it.. but yellow is a hideous color. I don't care what anyone else thinks.. just no. It's too happy, too bright (like it's trying too hard) and too obnoxious. It pretty much describes every trait I can't stand in people, but it's in a color. I want the option to change to skin to tan, black, and blue - it would look so much nicer to me. Plus, tan already goes with blue, in a beach and ocean sort of way, so all you'd need to change is the awful yellow! I know, it'd look like Stacey's forum, but let's face it - I've never met one person who said they hated the color blue, in my entire life.

As for categories, boards, and the like, it could use improvement, mostly with grammar and generally odd placement (Like having news and updates in it's own Category - it looks strange to me, I think it would look better with a board under the rules.) Not to mention the incredibly intrusive ads - I never noticed these until I switched to Firefox for something, where I don't have AdBlock, and I just had to switch to Google Chrome because they bothered me so much. However, I'm sure these are placed there by default by your forum software (Phpbb, right?), but still.. it's just so annoying. They really should be moved, or you need a donate button so people could give money to keep those ads off this forum. :P

Code Problems 6/10: I haven't noticed much, besides the center bug, and sometimes my URL code doesn't like to work - but I thought this may simply be due to Google Chrome. Also, we need a Spoiler button, really. It would be great for people with slow computers, because images could be posted in spoilers on boards - not to mention if the debate board is added, spoilers would be very useful, for the obvious.

Staff 5/10: There are some nice, great staff members, yed; but I've seen my fair share of corrupt staff here, I'm not going to lie or cover it up, because I shouldn't have to, but I will be kind enough to mention no names. These are staff who do actions for no reason, like banning people, and those who, for some reason, can't see both sides of a story, or choose not to because they are stubborn, or simply crude.. I see this on these forum, and occasionally on the game, and saw it in the IT community back then as well. These people should not be in any sort of power; a mod or admin needs to remain fairly neutral in debates if they get involved in the community, and needs to know how to separate their opinions and emotions from their moderating duties. They should be allowed to state their opinion, don't get me wrong, but they have no right to simply ignore the points a normal member is making if they disagree, just because they can. They are supposed to do their job; which is to make sure things do not get out of hand, not to suppress any disagreeing thoughts, assuming these thoughts against their ideas are not disrespectful.. but some people seem to think disagreeing with someone means you don't respect them. This is just my thought.