Author Topic: FeralHeart Feedback  (Read 21342 times)

AlphaEclipse

Re: FeralHeart Feedback
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2020, 11:35:48 pm »
I will address my involvement with this post and such below. As for Transparency - that is a bit of my own fault. You guys nominated me to be the connection and I am not sure that I have been the best to you guys and the community. As for the criticism, I think that you'll be seeing a huge improvement on this when the new update does come out!

You all nominated me into this position for a reason, and with that came the opportunity to work along side the staff team. Now personally I felt like I have not done enough for you guys, I haven't done enough to help with the transparency between staff and community. I took that and asked permission to post this instead of having a staff member post this - that way I would be able to interact with the community and be able to prove to you guys that I do care for this community and want it to grow.

Mentioning this before I leave this thread because some things were unclear. I want to once again stress that absolutely no one doubts your involvement and care for FH, SpicyDirt. Please realize that none of this has to do with you. I am just concerned that you are being used as a vector. Some staff encouraging you to reply⁠—as you mentioned they did⁠—enables them to avoid facing this topic personally. This has nothing to do with anything you have done, you have absolutely no reason to apologize for anything. It is not YOUR responsibility to clean up the mistakes of others, and it is also NOT your responsibility to clarify anything. Take it from others who have done the same as you in the past.

The "complaints" in here, although they don't necessarily match the form SpicyDirt suggested, sure as hell are usable. Why is discussion not allowed here? It is still feedback, just in another form. Sure I'll move to another thread, but why kill off the little extra bit of activity this forum is getting because of this thread?

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2020, 11:45:14 pm »
I will address my involvement with this post and such below. As for Transparency - that is a bit of my own fault. You guys nominated me to be the connection and I am not sure that I have been the best to you guys and the community. As for the criticism, I think that you'll be seeing a huge improvement on this when the new update does come out!

You all nominated me into this position for a reason, and with that came the opportunity to work along side the staff team. Now personally I felt like I have not done enough for you guys, I haven't done enough to help with the transparency between staff and community. I took that and asked permission to post this instead of having a staff member post this - that way I would be able to interact with the community and be able to prove to you guys that I do care for this community and want it to grow.

Mentioning this before I leave this thread because some things were unclear. I want to once again stress that absolutely no one doubts your involvement and care for FH, SpicyDirt. Please realize that none of this has to do with you. I am just concerned that you are being used as a vector. Some staff encouraging you to reply⁠—as you mentioned they did⁠—enables them to avoid facing this topic personally. This has nothing to do with anything you have done, you have absolutely no reason to apologize for anything. It is not YOUR responsibility to clean up the mistakes of others, and it is also NOT your responsibility to clarify anything. Take it from others who have done the same as you in the past.

The "complaints" in here, although they don't necessarily match the form SpicyDirt suggested, sure as hell are usable. Why is discussion not allowed here? It is still feedback, just in another form. Sure I'll move to another thread, but why kill off the little extra bit of activity this forum is getting because of this thread?

Nobody is trying to "kill off" extra activity or suppress other people's opinions, but we really should be respectful of SpicyDirt's clearly laid-out format for this thread.

SpicyDirt

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2020, 11:49:03 pm »

This whole thread is just me - I asked to type it up and have the control over it. The staff do have their involvement with it, but they wanted to ultimately leave it up to me just because I asked for that. c:

As for the feedback, I am looking at what you guys are saying with the transparency conversation, road map conversation, etc. My main reasoning for asking to steer away from the discussion like that is because I feel as if the discussions are turning this post somewhat sour when I meant to have some positive feedback, positive criticism, etc. It was not anticipated with some of the feedback (to be fair, no feedback is truly anticipated, heh), but I still would like for this post to remain positive.

With that being said I still look at what you guys are talking about and I will continue to look at it through DylanCheetah's thread because I still do want to see what you guys are talking about, ideas on how we all could fix it, and ultimately come to a decision on the best way to tackle this all. I really do encourage that you post on Dylan's thread - I just wish for the discussion on that to be moved there so we can better address it all. It is mostly a way for me to keep things sorted. :)

Thank you though - and thank you all for being respectful through this all. :)

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2020, 02:12:48 am »
Am I wrong?
You are wrong, you will see. Patience is the key. c:
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2020, 02:19:16 am »
Y'all are right about variables when it comes to lag.

I believe FH is a game that only makes use of 1 core from the cpu, so even a good gaming rig for other games may be a terrible choice when it come across a program like that. It also depends on your RAM, I recommend 4GB for FH. I'm not sure if FH makes use of any dGPU's and if you've got less than 1GB vRAM on your iGPU then it will also probably be a cause of lag...

But yes, the game itself is also a cause due to some of the limitations of it. ie: 1 core vs all cores.

Edit: oops, double post.. my bad. xD
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
    • DylanCheetah
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2020, 02:35:18 am »

I believe FH is a game that only makes use of 1 core from the cpu, so even a good gaming rig for other games may be a terrible choice when it come across a program like that. It also depends on your RAM, I recommend 4GB for FH. I'm not sure if FH makes use of any dGPU's and if you've got less than 1GB vRAM on your iGPU then it will also probably be a cause of lag...

But yes, the game itself is also a cause due to some of the limitations of it. ie: 1 core vs all cores.

tbh Vortex is right. I've worked with Ogre on various projects and I know from experience just how buggy Ogre itself is. :/
I do know that Ogre does use the GPU for the rendering, however performance does vary based on your OS and the hardware in your PC. Even commercial games have issues like these and whole teams of programmers that work for said businesses can take many years just to fix one bug.

So just be patient everyone. I'm sure that the staff are working hard to fix issues like this. But it will take time.

Calvary

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2020, 03:40:59 am »
Am I wrong?
You are wrong, you will see. Patience is the key. c:

Alright, prove me wrong.

But props to you, SpicyDirt, for opening up this thread. I hope the feedback goes to good use! I appreciate and respect your endeavors. <3 My apologies for clogging it. I will be stopping now!

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2020, 04:06:19 am »
I was referring to the bug that when you block someone, they can block then unblock you to see you. I was asking how the moderators just found out about this glitch when I have reported several people doing this to me. It seems like y'all really don't  care about reports when I say this. Not trying to be accusatory, but it feels like we need new moderators in this case.

Of course we have known about this bug. We have for years. We've always taken reports about this seriously (though we do need proper report formatting) and encouraged players to report it so I'm not sure where this rumor came from

Thought I'd clear this up since I felt of all the things here this has never surfaced and I felt it would be best for you to hear this directly from staff. I'll leave everything else be as Spicy is doing the best they can and many concerns have already been addressed by staff in the past
Farewell everyone<3

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
    • DylanCheetah
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2020, 02:30:06 pm »

I use a computer purpose built for game development. Top tier processor, 8 GBs of ram, SSD.
FH still runs awfully, loads terribly slow and freezes every other minute. Not to mention how the game loves to close down itself without a sign while idleing.

It's not the user's computers but the game itself. It's awfully outdated and not optimized at all.

It runs fine on my PC. And it's used and not a gaming or game dev PC at all. I'm telling you, it has to do with OS and hardware differences. Also, if most people are using laptops that is also a contributing factor since desktop PCs are known to have better hardware from the start.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2020, 03:06:50 pm »
I will say, I was somehow able to run FH on a 4GB computer quite well....