Author Topic: FeralHeart Feedback  (Read 21350 times)

Aureilius

Re: FeralHeart Feedback
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2020, 04:25:18 pm »

Y'all are right about variables when it comes to lag.

I believe FH is a game that only makes use of 1 core from the cpu, so even a good gaming rig for other games may be a terrible choice when it come across a program like that. It also depends on your RAM, I recommend 4GB for FH. I'm not sure if FH makes use of any dGPU's and if you've got less than 1GB vRAM on your iGPU then it will also probably be a cause of lag...

But yes, the game itself is also a cause due to some of the limitations of it. ie: 1 core vs all cores.

Edit: oops, double post.. my bad. xD

I use a computer purpose built for game development. Top tier processor, 8 GBs of ram, SSD.
FH still runs awfully, loads terribly slow and freezes every other minute. Not to mention how the game loves to close down itself without a sign while idleing.

It's not the user's computers but the game itself. It's awfully outdated and not optimized at all.

It runs fine on my PC. And it's used and not a gaming or game dev PC at all. I'm telling you, it has to do with OS and hardware differences. Also, if most people are using laptops that is also a contributing factor since desktop PCs are known to have better hardware from the start.

I dont remember the parts my pc used back when I was still actively playing fh, but I can tell you the ones I have now (it doesn't lag much, because there are no other people in the game to lag it LMAO)
- Ryzen 3600 CPU
- MSI Gaming Edge Wifi motherboard
- x2 8gb ram sticks
- EVGA 650 watt gold standard refurb (dont remember which one)
- Sapphire Pulse 5700 gpu
- 2 (older) SSDs
- hyper 212 rgb in black
- misc. fans x5
- cooler master masterbox mb511 (midtower)

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2020, 06:13:32 pm »

Y'all are right about variables when it comes to lag.

I believe FH is a game that only makes use of 1 core from the cpu, so even a good gaming rig for other games may be a terrible choice when it come across a program like that. It also depends on your RAM, I recommend 4GB for FH. I'm not sure if FH makes use of any dGPU's and if you've got less than 1GB vRAM on your iGPU then it will also probably be a cause of lag...

But yes, the game itself is also a cause due to some of the limitations of it. ie: 1 core vs all cores.

Edit: oops, double post.. my bad. xD

I use a computer purpose built for game development. Top tier processor, 8 GBs of ram, SSD.
FH still runs awfully, loads terribly slow and freezes every other minute. Not to mention how the game loves to close down itself without a sign while idleing.

It's not the user's computers but the game itself. It's awfully outdated and not optimized at all.

It runs fine on my PC. And it's used and not a gaming or game dev PC at all. I'm telling you, it has to do with OS and hardware differences. Also, if most people are using laptops that is also a contributing factor since desktop PCs are known to have better hardware from the start.

I dont remember the parts my pc used back when I was still actively playing fh, but I can tell you the ones I have now (it doesn't lag much, because there are no other people in the game to lag it LMAO)
- Ryzen 3600 CPU
- MSI Gaming Edge Wifi motherboard
- x2 8gb ram sticks
- EVGA 650 watt gold standard refurb (dont remember which one)
- Sapphire Pulse 5700 gpu
- 2 (older) SSDs
- hyper 212 rgb in black
- misc. fans x5
- cooler master masterbox mb511 (midtower)

Exactly my point. It depends on the hardware in your PC and your OS. I know people who play FH on old PCs with no lag at all. I think that laptops have a harder time keeping up with certain games. My mom's old laptop has that issue with even games that I wrote from scratch and they use hardware acceleration.

arilioness

« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2020, 07:51:31 pm »
I have been reading this thread for longer but now im randomly gonna respond anyway
I have just a regular windows computer which is not at all a super amazing huge gaming pc and feral heart runs perfectly on it with no crashes or alot of lag at all

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2020, 08:13:04 pm »
I don't have that much useful feed back right now, but redlinelies did a tutorial on how to link the game to a core that wasn't being used much.  I think it only supported 2 core processors at the time but i may be wrong about that.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
    • DylanCheetah
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2020, 09:21:33 pm »
I have been reading this thread for longer but now im randomly gonna respond anyway
I have just a regular windows computer which is not at all a super amazing huge gaming pc and feral heart runs perfectly on it with no crashes or alot of lag at all

Exactly my point. No game will work exactly the same on every PC.

arilioness

« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2020, 09:40:49 pm »
Mhm

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2020, 10:47:47 pm »
I'll add that adding extra content to load (markings/items/anims) can also slow the game down, as there would then be more to keep up with.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
    • DylanCheetah
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2020, 01:21:12 am »
I'll add that adding extra content to load (markings/items/anims) can also slow the game down, as there would then be more to keep up with.

Exactly. And I'll also add that mods can negatively affect performance as well.

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2020, 08:40:54 am »
I'd also like to state that FH works smoothly for me, and even did so on my first laptop I received when I was 12 that was low-quality and was only meant for light gaming. I have owned a couple PCs where it'll be a bit laggy, because as Dylan said, not every PC is the same, but I own a top-notch PC now, and even with FHHD installed on high settings and various other mods installed, it still runs like a dream.

It all depends on your machine, just like with every game.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2020, 02:10:50 pm »
Adding once again, the computer I currently have is in no way a gaming computer. It has 4GB ram and only 128 GB storage, but it handles FeralHeart very very well.