Author Topic: Let's have a talk about censorship  (Read 16444 times)

Offline unitatus

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Let's have a talk about censorship
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2020, 01:19:40 am »
posting in an epic thread

Offline unitatus

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2020, 01:19:52 am »
sura is a bee

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2020, 01:28:51 am »
Why is this even happening? What's the point? Is this all really worth it? To keep coming back here and stirring up things that have been long gone for god knows how long? You think this is going to fix anything at all?

Offline OofSizeLarge

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2020, 01:36:59 am »
the fact that people are getting banned for either looking at this thread or commenting on it is really just,,,
a sign of mismanagement on the staff's end
this is why, when polled, your community said that they didn't trust y'all. bye i guess LMAO

Offline sithis

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2020, 01:39:53 am »
Why is this happening? Because, as a community, we're tired of being silenced for having an opinion. At this point, the game is dying. If you're trying to drive off your (tiny) active user base, this is a solid way to go. If you want a private game, Raz (& Sura) just pull the server offline and make it private for you and your clique. No need to take knee jerk reaction bans and just rip the life support off of this game. The virus-infecting ads and the (god awful) adf.ly links were bad enough but we tolerated it because we liked the game.

Step off of your pedestal, "immortal god" and realize you're like the biggest, meanest toddler in the sandbox, forcing your opinions on others and kicking those that won't hand over their toy. I mean, seriously.

I know I'm gonna get banned for this, which is fine- I'd hate to ever say I'd support this game anyway (adblock is a lifesaver around here to be honest)

When you delete this post, just know- you're silencing your member base and just proving to them that You do not give a damn.

About their thoughts, feelings, opinions, mental health (with the removal of the mental health thread), and the blatant random bans for people who have done nothing wrong.

Hard to have a game that doesn't have any users to be assaulted by your ads to pay your bills.

Offline lilletanna

• Forum Newcomer
  • ᵈᵉᵉᵖ ᶤᶰᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵈᵃʳᵏᶰᵉˢˢ ᵖᵉᵉʳᶤᶰᵍ˒ ˡᵒᶰᵍ ᶤ ˢᵗᵒᵒᵈ ᵗʰᵉʳ
    • naturepunks
    • naturepunks
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2020, 02:08:07 am »
yeepers.....
gay

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2020, 02:11:49 am »
Okay but can we have a civilized conservation about this rather than resulting to irresponsible measures?

I'm honestly tired of being afraid to respond to topics like these because I always get the impression that people might hold a grudge against me for as long as I live just because of my opinion. I'm tired of seeing people get put down for genuinely trying to make this game a better place and finding ways to improve the game as well as enhance everyone's experience. I'm tired of seeing GOOD PEOPLE get punished for doing something that's right, which is standing up for the community and facing against these relevant problems when no one else would.

Censorship is a real issue on this game and it's really disappointing that it hasn't been talked about often. Most conversations that are brought up in regards to censorship get brushed off by the higher-ups from what I've seen. Heck, I'm not even sure if any action was taken to reduce to amount of censorship. At this point, we can't even open up and voice our own opinions because we'll end up in a bad spot. Even if we say it politely.

We're just talking to a brick wall.

Everything we say or do that relates to bringing up alarming and important issues get shot down.

It is severely disappointing.

I don't understand why Spirit's topic was deleted when it obviously benefitted a large amount of individuals who needed it. He was helping the community by sharing the hotlines and showing that he cares about everyone's mental health. The least you could do was edit it to your liking and pin it instead of scrapping his topic and recreating your own.

It's also quite upsetting that Birdie's role in former MOTS was used against her.

Why is this even happening? What's the point? Is this all really worth it? To keep coming back here and stirring up things that have been long gone for god knows how long? You think this is going to fix anything at all?

These kind of conversations deserve to be brought into light. I don't see why keeping them under the dirt for so long would be a better alternative. Imo, it'll only make the situation worse. There are wounds deep in the FH community that need to be tended to instead of ignored.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2020, 02:13:17 am »
Literally nobody is being banned in this? The truth is, the staff were not involved in the deletion of xSpirit's post, so making threads like this is honestly childish. Stop trying to find SOMETHING to blame other people on. Honestly, if we're such a small dying game, why keep coming back and making threads and stirring up trouble? Is it worth it? Or is this all just to satisfy your guys's need for drama?

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2020, 02:14:31 am »
People voicing their opinions is not stirring the pot. I’m honestly so disgusted and disappointed in some of the things said and done.

There is absolutely no reason a community should feel as silenced as they do and it’s been hinted at and even said time after time now.
If you can’t see the fact that you all are pushing your community away, I don’t know what to tell you. very disappointing to see.

This is a horrible way to run things, you can’t ban people for asking questions or stating their opinion. That is not how you staff a community! and I know some of you are better than that.

I don’t quit my job or tell people not to come back or they aren’t allowed back when people hurt my feelings at work, so why do you all get to go on a banning spree over a disagreement or a post asking a simple question wondering why a hotline was removed?
100% could have simply warned members and recommended the topic to not get taken off topic like it now has.

I’ve stayed quiet on most of these threads, but after accusing someone of being someone else, banning people for even simply looking at the thread is honestly to upsetting to not speak on, this comes off as “abuse of power” to me.
How many threads have there been that you all have had to remove and silence members for speaking on?
This is ridiculous. If you can’t see that the members are upset and trying to get you all to LISTEN then I don’t see the community lasting much longer.

Best of luck to you all.
artwork by dehvina

TimesNewRoman

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2020, 02:20:23 am »
Literally nobody is being banned in this? The truth is, the staff were not involved in the deletion of xSpirit's post, so making threads like this is honestly childish. Stop trying to find SOMETHING to blame other people on. Honestly, if we're such a small dying game, why keep coming back and making threads and stirring up trouble? Is it worth it? Or is this all just to satisfy your guys's need for drama?

Birdie, Calvary, AlphaEclipse, Leda, Auccultist, Claretta, Aureilius, Cilantro, and many others were all banned from the forum not too long ago.