Author Topic: The Bullying Needs to End  (Read 2907 times)

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
The Bullying Needs to End
« on: March 18, 2021, 12:12:47 am »
It has come to my attention that many of my fellow community members are being bullied by other people within this very community. And most of the bullying is taking place via private chats. Furthermore, most of this bullying is going unreported and the bullies go from victim to victim playing the very same cruel "games". Which is why I feel that I should remind all of you a few things.

To those who become a victim of bullying:
I know you may be afraid to come forward and report whoever is bullying you, but you need to report every bullying incident not only for your sake, but also for the sake of your fellow community members who may become  future victims of bullying.

To those who think it is OK to bully people:
Bullying is cruel, insensitive, immoral, and disrespectful. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Furthermore, bullying is a form of harassment and is in fact a crime that can carry heavy penalties and legal implications that will haunt you for years whether you are an adult or not.

On an ending note, I have remained silent and watched many people be bullied both ingame and outside too. And it is time I spoke out against this and called for reform. And to those who might accuse me of "stirring drama", this post has nothing to do with that. It is merely bringing attention to a very real an serious problem around here. In fact, it is one of the primary things that is driving people away from this game these days. We need change and we need it now.

#EndTheBullying
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 12:20:05 am by DylanCheetah »

Offline ferimeX3

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
  • certified spoiler ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
    • View Profile
Re: The Bullying Needs to End
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 02:07:52 pm »
Thank you for making this Dylan! The awareness must be spread and talked about more often
~it takes grace to remain kind in cruel situations~

sig made by me!
>bio<

Offline PanzerWulff

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • GsxrWulff
    • LethalChill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 05:36:00 pm »
Agreed, I hate bullying with a passion and the fact that people even try to bully others in-game is beyond me... >:(

So to the "bullies" within this community play nice and leave others alone and let them enjoy what they are doing within the game, and if You don’t like it then go elsewhere, and if not then ya better find something fast because bullying isn’t gunna get you guys anywhere here nor in real life :) It’s easy peasy lemon squeezy

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 06:45:27 pm »
Unfortunately bullies will be everywhere, no matter where you go and no matter how hard you try to prevent it from happening. The best you can do when you encounter someone giving you trouble is to block them. You can even take screenshots of the encounter if you feel the need, especially if the bully is taking it too far or your feel threatened.

Turning the other way and ignoring the bully is 100% the first thing I always tell people to do, this is something I have to do myself if anyone is trying to give me flack over anything. If you've ever been around me in-game when one of those trouble makers are online then you've probably seen someone causing a fuss, usually always about mods or staff in general due to me being one. Most the time they get bored or tired and leave me alone when I ignore them, but if it ever gets excessive then I will either block them or log off for a couple minutes to an hour. Bullies do not deserve your time so don't give them even a second.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
    • DylanCheetah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 07:28:16 pm »
Unfortunately bullies will be everywhere, no matter where you go and no matter how hard you try to prevent it from happening. The best you can do when you encounter someone giving you trouble is to block them. You can even take screenshots of the encounter if you feel the need, especially if the bully is taking it too far or your feel threatened.

Turning the other way and ignoring the bully is 100% the first thing I always tell people to do, this is something I have to do myself if anyone is trying to give me flack over anything. If you've ever been around me in-game when one of those trouble makers are online then you've probably seen someone causing a fuss, usually always about mods or staff in general due to me being one. Most the time they get bored or tired and leave me alone when I ignore them, but if it ever gets excessive then I will either block them or log off for a couple minutes to an hour. Bullies do not deserve your time so don't give them even a second.

Totally agree with this, but sometimes the bullies will circumvent blocking via various means. Not even Discord or other places can prevent that and everyone should know that if things escalate, they need to seek help to put an end to the bullying. I am in fact aware of at least one case where a friend of mind was continuously bullied by someone who would circumvent blocking over and over. They evem pursued them to other places around the web and my friend ultimately decided to delete their accounts and assume a new identity to escape it all.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 08:48:33 pm »

Totally agree with this, but sometimes the bullies will circumvent blocking via various means. Not even Discord or other places can prevent that and everyone should know that if things escalate, they need to seek help to put an end to the bullying. I am in fact aware of at least one case where a friend of mind was continuously bullied by someone who would circumvent blocking over and over. They even pursued them to other places around the web and my friend ultimately decided to delete their accounts and assume a new identity to escape it all.

That is when they need to document the proof of the bully doing so and report it to the proper places. Exactly why I said to even take screenshots of the encounters, to which in this instance you can use it later in the report. Utilize the report button or any form of a report system to get greater forces to stop them from doing this. Report it to discord if they are harassing through discord. Report it to us if they are harassing you in-game or on our forums so we can look into the situation. The same goes to any other place- use the tools around you provided by those platforms to protect yourself. If the platform doesn't allow you those tools, then leave it if it's truly an issue. Any form of bypassing being blocked is grounds for account suspension all the way to termination on some platforms, depending on how seriously they take block-evading as well as how serious the situation is provided the proof shows.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 08:50:44 pm by Ame88 »

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
    • DylanCheetah
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2021, 09:06:40 pm »
Which exactly why I felt the need for this discussion. Because sadly, many people are too afraid to come forward and the bullies go from victim to victim with no punishment for their crimes.

Online Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2021, 10:26:31 pm »
Bullying sux!

One day my friend was getting bullied by some trolls in game, I stood up for her. Bullies are really everywhere man.
  :-\

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline BluuLeopard

• Leopard Of The Lost World - 2011 💙🌊✨
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
    • bluuleopard.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
    • bluuleopard.deviantart.com
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2021, 12:40:27 am »
Thank you for the warning Dylan, I hope everyone will make sure to keep an eye out for those rule-breakers. Insulting people isn't the way to go. 
Avatar - bluuleopard.deviantart.com
Profile Signature - Phobic-Art

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2021, 03:59:07 am »
The sad truth is that bullies are everywhere. I don't think there is ever going to be a community that is completely bully free, no matter how hard we strive to make that happen. There's always going to be at least one bad egg in the bunch. That being said, I agree with Ame. Not much can be done by moderators/staff members if no one speaks up about the issue at hand.

The fear of coming forward when someone is bullying you can definitely be real, and understandable. You should always try to report it if you can, but the best that can be done if you aren't willing to come forward is confront them yourself (not always going to go well, and you can't do as much as a staff member) or ignore the bullying/disrespect the best you can - which is what I'd recommend. Confrontation is usually only going to add fuel to the fire because bullies feed off of knowing they're bothering you. Also if you're talking about in game - the block button exists for a reason. There's also a way to block people on Discord, although I'm not sure it works super well in a group setting.

It is on us as people to remove ourselves from situations that may make us uncomfortable or feel upset. We cannot completely control the actions of others and never will be able to. We can only try to make people see the error of their ways, but it doesn't always work.

Thanks for this thread. No matter the time, bullying is a topic that should be covered and discussed. It's something that needs to end but without work, it never will. One person can only do so much. It's a fight that's continued on for years, and will continue for years to come.

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!