Author Topic: [Community] Player Feedback  (Read 12013 times)

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
Re: [Community] Player Feedback
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2021, 12:40:30 am »
On a side note, a quick question for you all: what can the staff do to appear more approachable to the casual player?[/color]

Somehow I skipped over this when I made my post, so I wanted to answer your question now! I think just be yourself, chat with people in game when you're online. Start conversations, don't wait for people to approach you! Maybe ask how people's days are going, or general fun questions that can spawn conversations from them! One of the big parts about being approachable is being open and friendly and showing that you're open and friendly! Allow people to sit with you and hang out with you, open yourself up to getting to know the members of the community better when you're online! You're human too - make that obvious!

As I have been a member here for a short while, I have noticed a age pattern in the staff group. I have seen alot of ages between 20-28, which had me thing about the age requirements. So, we all know how the age requirements are 16+? If the staff looks for person of interest that isn't above 16+, wouldn't it make sense to change the age requirement? Like, to 18+ or up? That's my whole take.

And I'm not saying anyone can't be staffs at 16, it just something I have observed. Sorry if this offended anyone.

Wholeheartedly agree with this. By having staff be 18+, it should assure that they are mature and have probably been in the community for a longer period of time than someone that is younger. That doesn't have to mean that they are, they could have joined more recently... and 16 year olds absolutely can be mature-- but the maturity levels of an 18 year old usually is greater than that of someone who is 16. I know it's only a two year difference, but you'd be surprised how much development we can go through in two years! Also I feel like it would be more comfortable for the other staff members if they're all around the same age. That's my take anyway.

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2021, 08:04:05 am »
To make themselves more approachable, it would be nice for Staff to have a system where they will publish a thread (monthly or every few months, so not too on a regular basis incase it seems spammy) where they ask how players are doing in general. A checkup thread.
Now there's a little controversy with this regarding the Helpline thread that was made... I'll not mention it as I'm sure Staff are fully aware of how that went down etc. but we were told the thread would be revamped and posted again, not sure if this has been done or not but I recommend making this a task to be completed.

As well as this, in-game... TALK!!!
So many Staffers will just sit there and tab, occasionally glancing through Local chat to make sure everyone's behaving.
They'll sit there like a gargoyle (ha, my username) and never speak or engage with the community or, if they do, very few of the Staff did or do it. It usually took a user to approach them first to encourage their engagement.

I've only just woken up so I'll add to this post as well, later, while also editing my previous one as the Staff Division idea has been answered. Given the answers, I've got another idea to throw in.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2021, 04:57:29 pm »
- The Home page is in need of an overhaul. There's no information on how to use the Login Page and it may be really confusing to new players.

Example
Welcome to the Official FeralHeart Site!

FeralHeart is an online animal based roleplaying game where you choose what kind of feral you'll be.
Create your character and explore worlds with it in this 3D-chat game and maybe even make friends on the way!
The game is a sequel to the earlier game by KovuLKD, Impressive Title.

— Connect Your Account —

!! Information Regarding Account Registration !!

Downloads | Game Rules | Tutorials

FeralHeart Staff |  Forum Rules | Forum Help

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2021, 05:34:48 pm »
Sounds reasonable to me. Perhaps it could be added to the instruction manual and a link to the instruction manual could be on the homepage.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2021, 11:05:25 am »
I agree with the overhaul idea!
I also think that the forum itself needs some additional theme changes. I like the current colour choice, but... we need something more attractive. Maybe a forum background slideshow? Some fancy design work on the forum boards? etc.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2021, 02:28:00 pm »
Thank you, Bloo! What's your opinion on having a designated place (or a thread) where player submitted fan art, game fan fiction, screenshots and maps would be highlighted?

While official FeralHeart newsletters do include community highlights, they do not serve as a community portal where the finest creations can be showcased and that's because of their seasonality. It'd be amazing having a large selection of great community contributions and fun content presented somewhere other than only in seasonal newsletters (livestreams, official FeralHeart social media, etc).

I'm aware that creating such designated place on the website for sharing player content is not something that may happen in the foreseeable future, so why not improvise with a whole new thread in the "News" section or even a whole new section/board (Player Submitted Work/Community Portal/Monthly Community Showcase) in the "News" section (because it's at the top of the forum)?

Thanks in advance!

Quoting this from the first page of this thread, as it kinda got unnoticed.

Signature art by Kynvuu

SpicyDirt

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2021, 02:38:44 pm »
Thank you, Bloo! What's your opinion on having a designated place (or a thread) where player submitted fan art, game fan fiction, screenshots and maps would be highlighted?

While official FeralHeart newsletters do include community highlights, they do not serve as a community portal where the finest creations can be showcased and that's because of their seasonality. It'd be amazing having a large selection of great community contributions and fun content presented somewhere other than only in seasonal newsletters (livestreams, official FeralHeart social media, etc).

I'm aware that creating such designated place on the website for sharing player content is not something that may happen in the foreseeable future, so why not improvise with a whole new thread in the "News" section or even a whole new section/board (Player Submitted Work/Community Portal/Monthly Community Showcase) in the "News" section (because it's at the top of the forum)?

Thanks in advance!

Quoting this from the first page of this thread, as it kinda got unnoticed.

Sorry it went unnoticed!

So we have been discussing this for a little while now on how we could actually implement it. Would we want it in its own thread or would we want it in the Newsletters we do? Personally I'd love to see this happen! Think it could really boost morale for the game!

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2021, 02:53:37 pm »
Thank you for the prompt response!

I'm positive players would be encouraged to keep on creating content for the game if they saw that their work is being highlighted occasionally by the Staff team.

Signature art by Kynvuu

Ironic

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2021, 02:58:31 pm »
I really like that idea, Twist.
Really happy to hear everything is being discussed. Thank you :D

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2021, 03:17:54 pm »
I really like that idea, Twist.
Really happy to hear everything is being discussed. Thank you :D

Thank you for the feedback, Ironic!

On a side note, is it just me or the latest 1.17a patch download is currently not accessible?

Signature art by Kynvuu