Author Topic: More Ideas!  (Read 2082 times)

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
More Ideas!
« on: January 26, 2020, 02:26:57 am »
Here are some more of my ideas, I might even edit this post with more if I have more!

Bigger maps (You've probably seen this one before.)
Better, updated, and more realistic animations
Presets automatically downloading when you play the game
Claws!!!
A report button
So how this would work is that, when you click on a fellow player, it just has the normal options have block, friend, add to group, etc. And then the report button. When you click it, it gives a list of reasons why this player is being reported. Such as; Bullying, inappropriate behavior, excessive bad words, and hacking. (quite rare and unlikely, but you never know.) Once you select one, you have an option to type additional information in a box, if you don't have any, you just  then you just click a button that says "send". Then it alerts all current moderators, then (a) moderator(s) responds and looks over the report, and the player either gets suspended(or banned) or left alone if falsely reported.
More realistic teeth
If you've looked inside the mouth of your carnivorous pet, (Dog or cat!) it isn't all just sharp teeth! In the middle of fangs, there are some flat teeth!

« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 01:42:48 am by Oddonelynx »

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
Re: More Ideas!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 05:38:02 am »
I like these ideas, have seen them floating around before. I know there's already a couple pages mentioning the report button that you've brought up, would be good to take a read if you're interested in it.

The bigger maps are iffy due to the fact that maps such as Fluorite Plains had a strong impact on the user connectivity, such as failing to connect, crashing, bad tokens, etc. And for users with systems that have trouble running FH or would have trouble running it with bigger maps, a lot of them wouldn't be able to play. Hence one of the reasons they decided to take FP out. Splitting it into two different maps would be an idea, but depends what the staffers are up to and want to do.

I like the ideas though, thank you for sharing!

Offline Oddonelynx

• Community Champion
    • BOTOFan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 07:19:12 am »
Maybe they'll be able to fix the big map issues since a lot of things have changed since then!

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 08:36:59 am »
Presets automatically downloading when you play the game

This was actually a feature that didn't work with the newest version.

Claws!!!

I think this is already a mod but I'm not sure if it works with the new version.

Offline Oddonelynx

• Community Champion
    • BOTOFan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 06:53:58 pm »
Yes Preset Sync sadly doesn't work anymore :(...

Claws are kind of compatible!
The ones for canines work, but the ones for felines don't.
https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=6076.0

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 06:28:03 am »
Thanks for sharing ideas!

I think some of the IT servers are able to load presets as you play? Preset Sync was nice but also a little odd being something that didn't come with the game, and from experience with having it on a low quality laptop it was also a bit of a slow-down when constantly having to open the game and having it run the check on every startup while editing maps or presets. Just some thoughts though. :'D

And yeah, unfortunately Preset Sync never got updated, so even that is not currently an option. :s

As for big maps it depends on both the user's PC capabilities, and the server's service capabilities. A popular map server that's 100% full (300/300 players for example) is guaranteed to have crashes and bad tokens regardless of how good a PC is.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 07:08:25 am »
Maaan I'd love claws. Especially a range of them, with different textures and colours (like ombre, white, cream, some where you can see the quick of the claw etc). Some canine, some feline, different lengths etc- maybe even being able to control the sizes yourself? Either way, claws has gotta be a thing.

I also think a built-in preset sync would be amazing. Over the years I think we've gotten too used to saying that too many of our players computers wouldn't be able to handle it. However, it's been almost a decade and I honestly think it wouldn't be a huge deal nowadays considering what we had back then as 'playable' laptops/computers are actually affordable now. If that makes sense. Regardless, if people were to purchase an office-built laptop or computer then they really shouldn't be shocked if their game is low performing.

Anyway, I think there could be a way around that. If this built-in preset sync were a thing, I think it would be possible to have settings which could allow you to check-box which size preset files min/max you'd want FH to download. Maybe presets could also be automatically removed/deleted from people's FH's after a week of disuse. Just a thought.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2020, 07:59:58 am »

I also think a built-in preset sync would be amazing. Over the years I think we've gotten too used to saying that too many of our players computers wouldn't be able to handle it.

Issue is bandwidth for me.  That and i have maybe 1.8 GM left on my HDD.
But for many people it's bandwidth.  Particularly if they move around a lot.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"