Author Topic: Why So Quiet? Speak Up! :D  (Read 4604 times)

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
Why So Quiet? Speak Up! :D
« on: April 17, 2021, 04:55:02 am »
I have noticed lately that so many of you are not posting anything even though I keep seeing you online periodically and I was wonder why this is happening.

Are you shy? Or perhaps you just come to read what others are saying? Or perhaps you are afraid to say something that may offend another person? Or something else perhaps?

Offline PanzerWulff

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • GsxrWulff
    • LethalChill
    • View Profile
Re: Why So Quiet? Speak Up! :D
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 08:50:42 am »
Yes it could be that they are shy like you said, they don't want to say anything because there is nothing to be said, they may be more comfortable at just lurking about at what others are saying, and will only say something when the time is right for them. Everyone is different and there's nothing wrong with that :). Me on the other hand I'll only speak when it's necessary, but other than that I just talk a load of gibberish. :o  :P XD
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 09:53:49 am by InspectorHavoc »

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 11:08:29 am »
too busy to respond in the way they want or people who are intimidated by things like the high post count/floofs, it gives us who have been around a while a false air of professionalism/In The Know/Crew imo
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..

Ironic

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 11:15:19 am »
Most of the people I see online aren't much forum users, hence why their post number are below 10. I personally don't see an issue - it's either they are interested or not. If I can make an educated guess and go based on number, there's at least 10 consistent members who are active on the forums.

But to stay on topic, Telluric pretty much summed it up. Intimidation could be one of them or they're just simply browsing for resources.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 12:30:37 pm by Ironic »

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 12:09:21 pm »
People could just be checking around the forum or watching a certain topic but not wanting to engage.

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2021, 12:27:16 pm »
I can transmit some of my talking skills to other people, I don't mind. Honestly I talk too much!

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline BloodWinsAll

• G o d
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Feels like I'm going insane
    • Firesong-stormi
    • Firesong
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2021, 01:29:41 pm »
So, as a self-proclaimed "community ghost" There are a few reasons as to why I tend not to discuss things.

1) it can be shyness-- sometimes I don't feel comfortable engaging in a discussion as I don't always know what is going on or what to offer.

2) It's already been said. If I see something that I agree with, typically in discussion threads such as this one, I'll just +floof replies that I agree with and let others with new perspectives add to the conversation. In my opinion, I don't need to be adding, effectively anything, to a conversation that could otherwise benefit from well-worded responses.

3) Forums games aren't really my thing? A lot of what gets responded to, on this forum especially, are the forum games. I've responded to a few over the years, but they're not something I find actively engaging myself. Sometimes I browse the games to see what people are saying or doing-- because the ideas are cute-- but I tend not to participate in them.

4) I think-- I'm always online? LOL As crazy as that is I always have this tab open to check back on and that's partly because I run RP groups on here. If someone responded to a forum ad, I would want to be able to respond quickly.

To sum it all up-- Any community I've been in I haven't engaged a ton in the forum aspect of it. Usually, I play a game to enjoy the game, and since the forum is such a small part of the game (not really in the case of FH I suppose), I tend not to even remember it's there. If it weren't for the play-game tab I probably wouldn't be on this forum much at all.

I will say using this forum for maps, meshes, member tutorials, presets, markings, items-- VERY helpful. Not to mention the history of bugs/issues reported on this forum usually means you don't have to start a new one to fix the game if it breaks. I support forum use 100%! I just think some of us would rather browse then add to it.

Offline PanzerWulff

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • GsxrWulff
    • LethalChill
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2021, 01:42:41 pm »
So, as a self-proclaimed "community ghost" There are a few reasons as to why I tend not to discuss things.

1) it can be shyness-- sometimes I don't feel comfortable engaging in a discussion as I don't always know what is going on or what to offer.

2) It's already been said. If I see something that I agree with, typically in discussion threads such as this one, I'll just +floof replies that I agree with and let others with new perspectives add to the conversation. In my opinion, I don't need to be adding, effectively anything, to a conversation that could otherwise benefit from well-worded responses.

3) Forums games aren't really my thing? A lot of what gets responded to, on this forum especially, are the forum games. I've responded to a few over the years, but they're not something I find actively engaging myself. Sometimes I browse the games to see what people are saying or doing-- because the ideas are cute-- but I tend not to participate in them.

4) I think-- I'm always online? LOL As crazy as that is I always have this tab open to check back on and that's partly because I run RP groups on here. If someone responded to a forum ad, I would want to be able to respond quickly.

To sum it all up-- Any community I've been in I haven't engaged a ton in the forum aspect of it. Usually, I play a game to enjoy the game, and since the forum is such a small part of the game (not really in the case of FH I suppose), I tend not to even remember it's there. If it weren't for the play-game tab I probably wouldn't be on this forum much at all.

I will say using this forum for maps, meshes, member tutorials, presets, markings, items-- VERY helpful. Not to mention the history of bugs/issues reported on this forum usually means you don't have to start a new one to fix the game if it breaks. I support forum use 100%! I just think some of us would rather browse then add to it.

I couldn't have put it better myself, well said!

Offline Burning_gold

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • Here we go again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2021, 02:33:59 pm »
I have noticed lately that so many of you are not posting anything even though I keep seeing you online periodically and I was wonder why this is happening.

Are you shy? Or perhaps you just come to read what others are saying? Or perhaps you are afraid to say something that may offend another person? Or something else perhaps?

In my case - I'm getting bored of senseless circle of dramas happening here don't wanna sound offending tho
+ I have no ideas what to post lol
Yo, back here
Again

wolfdog01

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2021, 03:40:21 pm »
I stalk around a lot but hardly ever respond just cause I have nothing to say cause most of the topics don't interest me. I usually just keep an eye out for a heated topic to watch and maybe chime in on or to see any updates to the game. Mostly here for news lol