Author Topic: Moderator Free October  (Read 53629 times)

Offline pianolover

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Moderator Free October
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2018, 08:59:22 pm »
not much else i can add to this that hasn't already been said, but this is an absolutely ludicrous idea and i can only hope that you're able to recognize this and revoke such an absurd, easily abusable system before it ruins what little FH has left going for it

Offline BloodyLove

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Blo g?
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2018, 09:01:17 pm »
No one wants this.

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2018, 09:04:14 pm »
Everyone else has shared my concerns. I truly feel for the people who will be banned without reason within the next month if this is implemented. People who don't go on the forums are going to continue blocking how they usually do and it's going to get people banned.

I have to say, as you're someone who's been with the community for a very long time that I expected better. But you never consulted the rest of your team, and though their posts have remained civil, their frustration is still showing. And rightfully so.

I sincerely hope you consider what every person who has posted on this is saying, because it all seems to be one very loud voice at this point. To ignore it is to prove that this is not something you did for the community, but rather for some other reason.

For the future of this game, reconsider.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 09:11:19 pm by Edolicious »
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline LucysStarryEyes

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2018, 09:04:51 pm »
You can’t be serious. The system will be abused, people will be banned willy-nilly, and people will quit. Simple as.

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2018, 09:05:20 pm »
Everyone has already said it.

NOT
A
GOOD
IDEA

pls don't do it, thanks.

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

FrankFelidae

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2018, 09:05:50 pm »
wow. yikes. that's all i have to say about that.

Offline DragonGamez

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2018, 09:06:09 pm »
I'm adding to the disagreement. This is a horrible idea. Listen to the community, and don't do this.

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2018, 09:06:15 pm »
Alarming and confusing, unnerving and upsetting? Emotional.
It would be nice to have insight on how many blocks triggers the system as I know I've been blocked by many.
I am at a loss of words, but I do agree that we needn't be babysat. Though, unsure of your ideas Raz.

Bawfle's post shall be the highlight, please.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 09:15:20 pm by Wolvie »
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline DraconisFantasy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Mr. Sakurai I don't feel too good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2018, 09:07:28 pm »
I vehemently disagree with this decision. I may not speak on the forums very often, but I know this is a horrible idea. There are a lot of bitter people in this world, and some people hold horrible grudges against others. If some people ban together against one person they can get them banned from the game, which is completely unfair. I can speak from my own stand point that I have never been kicked or banned, but if someone gets angry, they'll get someone like myself banned. There are others who've made a mistake one time, and even they can get banned. This is just an all around horrible idea, and I am very against this.
"I'm really feeling it!"

Offline ShadowFang1355

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • I made my profile picture.
    • Wolf24019
    • ShadowFang1355
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2018, 09:09:29 pm »
This is dumb.

I've been blocked plenty of times for no reason at all by groups of roleplayers.
Why? They don't want to see my character model because it's "in the way" or want to see my chat blocking their RP.

I don't intentionally sit in the middle of a RP's crowd and if I see one going on in the local chat I avoid using that chat. (Post cuts are annoying. I will never cut into other group's posts if I can help it.)

Even though I never "interrupt" a roleplay, I've been told that they're going to block me. What? I was only within chat range and not even using the same chat!

RP groups that do this will end up getting plenty of people banned.

I don't have a thing against RP, I'm also a RP'er, but if you use this system there's going to be a lot of unneeded bans.

This will only kill the community even more. (I've seen people say FH is doing fine, but it's not. There used to be way more people around.)

Look at how many are disagreeing with this too. Just don't do it.

I'll use a game I left years ago as an example; Animal Jam. (I out grew that game, but wow, I hated it. Only stayed around for the friends I had there.)
That game lets a chat bot moderate EVERYTHING. Sure, you're basing it off blocking and not the chat bot they have, but it will end up the same way. It banned people who did nothing wrong. (I even got banned just for saying "hi" to someone on AJ.)

"That's a chat bot. Not something banning people based on being blocked." As I said, it'll end up being the same way.
Roleplay groups who block everyone around them will get others unneeded bans. (Like the one I mentioned before.)
People who just want to be jerks will cause unneeded bans. (Groups and those who have way too many spare accounts.)
People who accidentally spam so everyone around them just blocks them.
People who used to be a pest but have gotten better, though they are still blocked.

Other people probably have more examples. But seriously, come on.

This is just dumb.
Oh, cool, I exist.