Author Topic: A couple of notes  (Read 38436 times)

wolfdog01

Re: A couple of notes
« Reply #160 on: October 02, 2018, 07:05:49 pm »
Something came to mind I would like to share. I want to compare the FH's moderation system to an other moderation system I'm familiar with: DotA's. I know FeralHeart is far from a MOBA game, but hear me out.

DotA's system tracks how often you've left a match and how many reports you've gotten. Based on those numbers the system automatically places players in the low priority queue. Nobody knows what exactly the treshold is for reports and match abandons, but everybody can figure out there's some sort of alglorythm behind it. Sounds familiar so far?

Now, besides from that Valve made it clear DotA's moderation bot also tracks if multiple people from the same group reported you, and you get a basic conduct report about only your last 25 matches. If you did a little research you can assume two things:
- If 4 players from 1 group report you, it'd actually have less effect than if you got 3 reports from 3 different groups of players.
- It determines who goes to the low-priority queue by recent events rather than lifetime events.

That got me thinking. If the system implemented in FH also looks at where the blocks came from, when they were put in place and if any recent blocks were removed this system could actually work great. Even if it doesn't, Raz might have found another way around the mass block problem. The only problem is that we have no information whereof we can get the idea that Raz has kept this in mind whilst setting up the system. That's what tripped me up until just yesterday, when I realised this could actually be the case. And for the sake of my sanity, I'm going to assume he did.

Well, that's about it. I hope it'll help some of you a little bit, somehow.

Ooo! I really like that idea! Though I would still want some staff just to kinda look over everything and keep things in check and stuff.
RAZ. LOOKATDIS.

SacuraShadow

« Reply #161 on: October 02, 2018, 07:27:36 pm »
welp guess it's time to unistall feral heart. back to IT servers for me. I thought the general chat ban was terrible...this is just wow. good job destroying a great game that had so much potential.

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 02, 2018, 07:52:19 pm »
welp guess it's time to unistall feral heart. back to IT servers for me. I thought the general chat ban was terrible...this is just wow. good job destroying a great game that had so much potential.

Please read fully through the responses of this thread to get a better idea of things that are going on.
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline ELFTEETH

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 03, 2018, 07:28:10 am »
im an older member who's kinda jumped back and forth into the community and whatnot;

now my concern is more of, there are children playing this game. children can be annoying, do not understand social cues and just are being kids yknow? not doing anything 'wrong' just kind of yknow kid stuff i guess? older memebers will block them and my thing is...how will the system know between somebody wanting to use the block as a mute rather than somebody actually breaking rules/being disrespectful/etc? Maybe a "Mute player" is an appropriate addition to the game if everyone insists on using this system?