Author Topic: Cleaning  (Read 3371 times)

SpicyDirt

Cleaning
« on: October 07, 2019, 04:58:46 pm »
I think that it is time that the forums have been cleared out of all of the topics that have been locked/not posted on anymore.

BUT: I think that anything important (Game/Forum Help, Staff Topics, etc) should stay. Keeping the help topics would be extremely helpful for everyone!

I think that the Forum Games, Old Preset Shops, Old Leaving Topics, etc. - just things that are not really useful to keep around anymore - ant I think that especially cleaning the forum games would allow people to create new/interesting games! Often people will make new games that get mistaken for being too similar to one of the old games that have not been posted in ages.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 06:31:27 pm »
Hey there SpicyDirt!

It’s always nice to keep things clean and tidy, however we don’t really go about deleting threads unless it’s absolutely necessary. Many users utilize our forum boards as an archive and even if a thread isn’t active anymore there are times that the original creator and others like to refer or look back on them. There is also the case of peoples’ post counts being disturbed when we delete threads, and some people get frustrated about that. There has been some recent sorting and cleaning in boards but usually the threads we delete are threads where the original post is broken & lost and has no replies. Some other threads that we sometimes delete are locked threads where a user violated the forum/board rules or a thread where sensitive personal information was shared. In any other circumstances we only delete threads upon request when contacted by the original owners of said thread.

As for your concern about users recreating topics that have been started before on much older threads, don’t worry. It happens sometimes and we aren’t going to penalize a user for it as we don’t expect every user to be aware of what’s been brought up or not in the past. We do hope that users are at least mindful of the first page of two in a board and make sure that their topic wasn’t brought up in the recent past. Keep in mind if there was an old topic that you want to bring back up that you can “necro” “bump” an old thread so long as it’s still relevant and you leave a thoughtful response that contributes to reviving continuing the conversation.

For more tips feel free to refer here:

https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=62227.0

Thanks for bringing this up though <3

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 06:43:04 pm »
I do not support burning libraries.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

SpicyDirt

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 07:03:18 pm »
I won't say that I agree, but I do understand everything.

Rhakorra

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 07:03:50 pm »
I just think deleting everything that is either:

A: Old/games/etc
B: Inactive users
C: All the above

I just think its just time consuming

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 07:32:26 pm »
If you delete things, then you won't have any references.  Historians and researchers will despair.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 08:35:08 pm »
Love the thought you put behind your idea hear honestly. So keep coming up with new ideas, SpicyDirt <3 Please!
Although, just with only this one, I have to side with the others, sorry. xD Some people do need the old locked threads sometimes, as references (like my friend Kuri mentioned).
I'm happy you understand <3

Again, keep those ideas coming! You seem to make them clear and I can tell you've put feelings and thoughts into them~ You really want to better the forum, game and community in this thread. :)
doing what i feel like