Author Topic: Has there ever been a score/points mod?  (Read 1694 times)

Offline Fallingfeather

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Has there ever been a score/points mod?
« on: June 24, 2020, 05:11:31 pm »
I should preface this with: I know NOTHING about mods or coding the game. :/ Granted, I know there's been a LOT of mods over the years, but has anyone ever made a "score counter" mod with associated items? I'm imagining like how you collect coins in the various Mario games. An object is placed, and if you collide with the hitbox, it disappears and a number is added to a score counter. I'm not sure how easy this would be to code into an FH map, but in THEORY it's a pretty standard part of game creation. That being said, if it's possible it would add a neat new aspect to FH maps where you can create not just roleplaying maps but platformers as well, again similar to mario, banjo-kazooie, etc. where the goal is to try and collect all the coins/whatever objects end up using. It would be something fun to do if nobody's on at the same time as you, there could be speedrun competitions, it would add another fun aspect to mapmaking, etc. Has anyone tried to do this before?

(Also uh, please don't yell at me if this is stupid/impossible, I'm not entirely sure how FH's coding works. ;u;)

SpicyDirt

Re: Has there ever been a score/points mod?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 05:39:26 pm »
This isn't stupid or impossible! I have a feeling that this would be quite similar to the shard collecting in the old Impressive Title servers. While this would be difficult to implement, it wouldn't necessarily be completely impossible to do! That being said, I have a feeling we won't be seeing anything like that soon ~ but no one can say for sure!

Offline Dark_heart

• Professional Razmirz's Cheese Stealer
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 05:45:07 pm »
Nice idea! Never thought about it earlier, it would be great.
On new account Aiiokia

Offline Fallingfeather

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 05:51:30 pm »
Oh yeah, I forgot all about shard collecting from back in the day! It's nice to know that it's possible, at least. Wish I knew ANYTHING about coding though, lol.

SpicyDirt

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 06:32:37 pm »
Oh yeah, I forgot all about shard collecting from back in the day! It's nice to know that it's possible, at least. Wish I knew ANYTHING about coding though, lol.
Coding can be a very difficult thing to master for some. The best way to learn (Ogre specifically) would be here: http://wiki.ogre3d.org/Getting+Started and YouTube. As long as you stick with it through the tough and annoying parts, you'll come out just fine. c: