Author Topic: Lots of Members Leaving  (Read 10604 times)

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
Re: Lots of Members Leaving
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2021, 07:32:21 pm »
Advertising unofficial events effectively has always been a big problem. Back when FH had like 200 - 300 players I hosted a Thanksgiving event, and only a few people came. It goes the same way now regardless of where or even how the event is advertised. And every time, I also advertised in the grounds. But apparently the majority of the people playing these days just aren't interested I guess.

Even official events don't get a ton of traffic, but regardless, it's worth it to try! It might be fun to see some unofficial events pop up again, even though I usually don't have time to jump into events. Just because an event is small doesn't mean it's a failure! It's worth trying to host an event even if there might not be a lot of attendance.

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!

Offline BluuLeopard

• Leopard Of The Lost World - 2011 💙🌊✨
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
    • bluuleopard.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
    • bluuleopard.deviantart.com
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2021, 12:59:35 am »
Advertising unofficial events effectively has always been a big problem. Back when FH had like 200 - 300 players I hosted a Thanksgiving event, and only a few people came. It goes the same way now regardless of where or even how the event is advertised. And every time, I also advertised in the grounds. But apparently the majority of the people playing these days just aren't interested I guess.

Even official events don't get a ton of traffic, but regardless, it's worth it to try! It might be fun to see some unofficial events pop up again, even though I usually don't have time to jump into events. Just because an event is small doesn't mean it's a failure! It's worth trying to host an event even if there might not be a lot of attendance.

Yeah, I agree. The idea of creating an event to keep people interested, seems pretty good. But it has to be something *interesting* then, right? Maybe the themes chosen for the parties aren't as 'capturing', or perhaps the contests aren't as fun? Personally, I like anything, really. Lol I'm not a picky person when it comes to parties and having fun, but...

To save the game,
If we experiment little by little, hosting different types of events ( be it small or big ), will help us sort of 'feel their ground'. What I mean by that, is to 'feel' which event would be more appealing to players, and which is less. Observe which contests they like more, whether the majority likes hanging out- or actually having contests...

In time, we'll be able to tell and see. And with the gained experience and knowledge, we could sort of 'upgrade' the events, then notice if our 'theory' works or not, haha xD Hope that makes sense~

« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 01:01:59 am by BluuLeopard »
Avatar - bluuleopard.deviantart.com
Profile Signature - Phobic-Art

Offline RelentlessDwarf

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2021, 10:07:44 pm »
Aside from my very low forum rank, it's sad to see that FH as a whole (both game included) has become seriously inactive. I've been around since this game was initially released (played it on my sisters account for a year) and was active nearly every day for 5-6 years. I had to take huge breaks due to joining the Army and would get on when I could. It was saddening to see this game slowly dwindle in numbers. Packs became inactive very quickly, friends would stop coming online and the general activity in popular maps would be absent.

I have tried motivating myself for the past 3 years to be more active but when i'm sat on an offline friend list that takes nearly an hour to scroll through cause i'm checking names... It becomes depressing to be online knowing they have quit entirely.
I still keep in contact with a few friends through discord, snapchat and instagram but they all work now.
I've even had one friend from a pack back in 2013 visit me in 2018 all the way from Canada. (I'm in England) We spoke about FH and how the pack became super inactive over time considering we had nearly 300 members.

I'll close this off with saying that hopefully in time, FH becomes more active. Whether it's this one or FHu/FHFN. I see no reason to pick a specific FH other than what map I want to be in and who is online at the time.
Most of us are old enough to not get involved with drama as it's high school behaviour.

Whether you know me or not. I'll be around from time to time. Come say hello to this Veteran.
//My Friends Are My Family. I Trust Them More Than Myself//

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2021, 11:32:01 pm »
Aside from my very low forum rank, it's sad to see that FH as a whole (both game included) has become seriously inactive. I've been around since this game was initially released (played it on my sisters account for a year) and was active nearly every day for 5-6 years. I had to take huge breaks due to joining the Army and would get on when I could. It was saddening to see this game slowly dwindle in numbers. Packs became inactive very quickly, friends would stop coming online and the general activity in popular maps would be absent.

I have tried motivating myself for the past 3 years to be more active but when i'm sat on an offline friend list that takes nearly an hour to scroll through cause i'm checking names... It becomes depressing to be online knowing they have quit entirely.
I still keep in contact with a few friends through discord, snapchat and instagram but they all work now.
I've even had one friend from a pack back in 2013 visit me in 2018 all the way from Canada. (I'm in England) We spoke about FH and how the pack became super inactive over time considering we had nearly 300 members.

I'll close this off with saying that hopefully in time, FH becomes more active. Whether it's this one or FHu/FHFN. I see no reason to pick a specific FH other than what map I want to be in and who is online at the time.
Most of us are old enough to not get involved with drama as it's high school behaviour.

Even though numbers are low at the moment, things were much slower and numbers were even more low back a couple months. Things have been picking up slowly, all we need is time truly. Packs, prides, and groups in general have been popping up here and there and it's very pleasing to see. For a long time packs had a habit of starting up, going well, then dying off. It was a constant trend that I personally hated lol thus I started my own when things were rather slow. I know I missed the boat by not starting the group back when things were more active but regardless I'm glad I've started mine now.

Unfortunately that's how the cycle goes with online games. I also have, more so had, countless names in my friends list that wouldn't ever pop up again. Over time I've cleared out those I don't remember at all but keep those who are dear to me, regardless of if they still get on or not. The fact of the matter is people grow up and their interests change, as well as how much stuff is on their schedule. Some people will stick around despite that, while others decide to move on to other things. Either by choice or because they simply cannot manage getting online an animal RPing game. I'm glad you've kept in contact with those friends of yours, I've thankfully been able to do the same with some of mine~

I'm very confident that FH will become active again. We all just need to keep going and keep trying. My hopes are up with an upcoming update (no release date as of right now, though) as there are things within it that I know many, many players will enjoy. Including oldies like myself huehue.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort