Author Topic: Solstice - A Story in Screenshots (Very Image Heavy)  (Read 1298 times)

Offline bunnylions

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • I'm stupid and I'm proud! :D
    • KazeoLion
    • channel/UCIabUy2dwwyNBHYt7j49XzA
    • View Profile
Solstice - A Story in Screenshots (Very Image Heavy)
« on: February 14, 2021, 08:08:55 am »
This is the backstory of Siobhán, a character from the TGWOGL (The Gaelwolves of Gaeland) literature universe created by me.
Note: This is book canon. This will happen in Siobhán's book once it is out, though it most likely will not be word for word.
Another note: Gaelwolves are more intelligent than normal wolves and have a grasp on more "human" concepts like romance, gender identity and morality. As a matter of fact, Siobhán has two mothers and two grandfathers.
Character textures used are Badbutt-Textures.
Siobhán is pronounced Suh-Vahn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nobody understands."
This was the hard and naked truth for Siobhán.

For years she had always felt out of place.
"What's wrong, Niall?" they'd ask. "Nothing," he'd say. In truth, there were many things wrong with Niall, but he just didn't know what.

Then one night things changed, when Niall had a dream so vibrant, so unlike anything he'd ever experienced. A giant, black she-wolf, a cyclop with one large white eye, had stood over him and spoken to him with a voice that resonated like it was coming from inside himself. "Things are not always as they seem," said she. "You are not who you may believe yourself to be."
When Niall awoke his body was unchanged. But his mind inside was transformed vastly. He'd realized so much.
Only he wasn't himself anymore.
Sure, he was still the same wolf. But he was now she.
She was Siobhán. Siobhán, a name she had chosen herself, meaning grace of the spirits.
As she sat surveying the landscape, that story played out over and over in her head. Nobody understood. Surely they'd laugh if she tried to explain it.

Siobhán was so lonely. She was so lonely, she felt like she could cry. So she found a place, and she did.

Siobhan was a bit thirsty, so she went to the lake for a drink.

She took a swim as well, to clear her mind.

Siobhán looked over the lake, letting her mind wander across the waves and follow the path of the fish swimming under them.

Her train of thought rose up into the sky, following the clouds and birds.

Everything that was going on made her feel tired, so she found a spot for a nap. She curled up and let herself drift away.

When Siobhán awoke, it seemed as if she had woken up in a completely different place.

The air was mind-numbingly cold. What happened? she thought.
She stepped out of her den and saw that a blanket of fresh snow had fallen over Gaeland.

It also seemed the landscape had changed too, but she could not put her equivalent of a finger on how so.

Siobhán began to walk across a path that had been cleared through the snow, perhaps by demons, or maybe a herd of large animals traveling in a line.

Finding a nice place to relax and think, she sat.

She still felt sad. Nobody understood what she felt. Nowolf else had ever even heard of it.
"What if King Luag's right? What if I really am meant to follow in his pawsteps, as king?"

"No. That's not what it's meant to be. I know it. If it was, I wouldn't be feeling this way."

Siobhán continued to explore.

On her travels she passed by a campfire, started by demons and left there carelessly by them. It would likely spread to the nearby foliage and cause a disaster if not for the snow.
"Fire..." she said to herself. "Fire is feared by all Gaeland's animals. It burns. It destroys. It kills."

"They will."

"Someday they'll learn. I won't let myself be silenced. If they don't understand me, I'll make them."

She looked up at the sky, and there she witnessed an amazing sight.

The Eye of Celestialwolf was shining brightly tonight. Celestialwolf... yes, this was the wolf she had seen in her dream. She was spoken of in legend. It was she who had helped Siobhán realize who she really was. Her eye was just what she had seen in the dream - a round, white eye, luminous and large.

"Thank you, Celestialwolf."

Siobhán climbed to the top of a tall hill. She lowered her croupe, raised her chin and let out a low, drawn-out howl. I am Siobhán of North Gael, she proclaimed in her howl, and I am who I am, whether you want me to be or not.

Siobhán descended the mountain and smiled. Morning began to sweep over Gaeland, and so began the Eye of Celestialwolf to fade.

"I can't follow in my grandfather's footsteps as a king. But maybe I can..."

"...as a queen."
Did you know I make games? :D
Meow.

Offline BluuLeopard

• Leopard Of The Lost World - 2011 💙🌊✨
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
    • bluuleopard.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
    • bluuleopard.deviantart.com
Re: Solstice - A Story in Screenshots (Very Image Heavy)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 03:13:42 pm »
Wow, that was a very well put together story, I really enjoyed reading it! And the way you've gathered the screenshots to match the scenes and emotions of how Siobhán was feeling - made the whole atmosphere magical.
I'm sure one day, this will become a very interesting book. Keep up the great work! <3
Avatar - bluuleopard.deviantart.com
Profile Signature - Phobic-Art

Offline Burning_gold

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • Here we go again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 04:54:28 pm »
That's such a great story!
Yo, back here
Again

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 06:21:22 pm »

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline PanzerWulff

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • GsxrWulff
    • LethalChill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2021, 06:10:09 am »
Wonderful story, well done keep it up!

Ironic

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2021, 04:59:43 pm »
Oh man, I really loved the screenshots! The story was well put together

Kudos to you!

SpicyDirt

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2021, 05:00:17 pm »
Love the story! This is a very unique way to tell it - using screenshots from FeralHeart - but it really works out perfectly. I can't wait for more!

Offline ferimeX3

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
  • certified spoiler ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2021, 05:37:47 pm »
woah that was beautiful! That looks like a comic tbh xD but your writing is amazing, keep up the good work! <3
~it takes grace to remain kind in cruel situations~

sig made by me!
>bio<