Author Topic: I Wish I Had Joined Earlier  (Read 4687 times)

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
Re: I Wish I Had Joined Earlier
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2023, 04:17:12 pm »
Honestly at this point, I don't even think we'd need to worry about hackers anymore. It's been 8(?) years and I'm pretty sure they'll be long gone. I'm sure there would be other easier ways to deal with hackers?

Hackers don't just hack something and leave. Their goals are to steal as much personal data as possible and cause as much chaos as they can. No game or website can let down their guard these days. Places that do let down their guard end up having more and more security breaches. And for a game that is already experiencing a dry season as far as player activity, another hack would be even more destructive. When it comes to player safety and security, there cannot be compromise. Not everything the community wants is safe and secure enough. And if something gets hacked, who would be held responsible for not securing things properly? That's right. Raz and the FH staff would be liable for it if proper security had not been in place.

Technically, the login page is FeralHeart's form of 2FA (2-factor authentication). And a lot of games and websites are using similar methods these days. Perhaps the 2FA method used by FH could be changed to a different method, but it probably isn't going to be removed entirely.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 04:26:59 pm by DylanCheetah »

Offline Sibreeze

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2023, 07:39:45 am »
Recently came back from a longggg hiatus lol, played this so much in 2011, I was 12, I'm now 24  xD
Boy does the time fly, came back for nostalgia reasons... I think I stopped playing around 2014...?
~You are the Moon~

Offline Solarsis

• Forum Newcomer
  • ~ There is no point in living without risks~
    • https://twitter.com/sailorr_s
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2023, 10:48:36 pm »
I joined early 2014 and I've loved looking back at screenshots recently; this game was truly filled with life. I miss it a lot and I hope it makes a comeback :( though, I desperately miss the old maps lmao

Offline cosmohause

• Member Of The Season
  • Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • The Ernfi of Talta
    • cosmohause
    • cosmohause
    • c0ffeev0dka
    • cosmohause
    • View Profile
    • commissions
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2023, 01:00:28 pm »
I joined around late 2012, if not early 2013. The game was active.

Suppose there are many factors to FHs sudden decrease, from the hacking in 2016. The use of the login page, to the update with the new maps, and just general people growing up and losing interest as real life got in the way. And of course some things just happen, drama occurs that sours tongues of players that cause them to leave.
I play the FH game occasionally and I do very much miss the activity it once had. I miss roleplaying as a wolf in a pack and working my way through the ranks </3 maybe one day with a future update that really gets talking things will heal.

My Sheezy.ArtSig artist: sapfall Pack of Talta

Offline foxboi

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2023, 08:36:50 am »
i need more frens in this game :c

Offline V3SS3L

• Forum Newcomer
  • i'm devious and silly
    • dangercrue
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2023, 08:02:36 pm »
Honestly at this point, I don't even think we'd need to worry about hackers anymore. It's been 8(?) years and I'm pretty sure they'll be long gone. I'm sure there would be other easier ways to deal with hackers?

Hackers don't just hack something and leave. Their goals are to steal as much personal data as possible and cause as much chaos as they can. No game or website can let down their guard these days. Places that do let down their guard end up having more and more security breaches. And for a game that is already experiencing a dry season as far as player activity, another hack would be even more destructive. When it comes to player safety and security, there cannot be compromise. Not everything the community wants is safe and secure enough. And if something gets hacked, who would be held responsible for not securing things properly? That's right. Raz and the FH staff would be liable for it if proper security had not been in place.

Technically, the login page is FeralHeart's form of 2FA (2-factor authentication). And a lot of games and websites are using similar methods these days. Perhaps the 2FA method used by FH could be changed to a different method, but it probably isn't going to be removed entirely.

yeah, with the way the internet is at the current moment, i'd worry that this game would get more popular again (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) and since a lot of people view it as a "furry" game (i've heard multiple people refer to it as this whether or not it was the original intention) and it would draw attention of people who would wish to harass those who play. i think having some form of 2FA would at least protect a bit from trolls, spamming, raiding, etc

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2023, 08:50:31 pm »

yeah, with the way the internet is at the current moment, i'd worry that this game would get more popular again (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) and since a lot of people view it as a "furry" game (i've heard multiple people refer to it as this whether or not it was the original intention) and it would draw attention of people who would wish to harass those who play. i think having some form of 2FA would at least protect a bit from trolls, spamming, raiding, etc
Can't do anything animal these days without  it being "furry".  ::)

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Viggo

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Kyupi
    • twitter.com/worryingrobot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2023, 07:55:45 am »
i joined this game waaayy back in 2011 and i remember it being super active. i was a part of a lot of rp groups back then and it's honestly cool to see that this game is still up even if it isn't as active anymore. i'd love to see it grow again, though. something about those days were just so special.