Author Topic: Bumping own posts?  (Read 1141 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
Bumping own posts?
« on: May 23, 2017, 02:29:44 pm »
Is it okay for someone to bump their own post?

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Chipz

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
Re: Bumping own posts?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 02:38:24 pm »
Multi-posting and Multi-bumping
Please, refrain from posting more than two or three posts in a row in each thread. Simply click the "modify" button on your post if you want to mention another thing. If you mutli-post, it can get the thread cluttered and difficult to read and understand everything you say. Multi-bumping is similar in this case. If no one replies after the first or second bump, then please let the thread die and refrain from bumping more, because chances are no one will reply.

Quoted from Official Forum Rules and Guidelines
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 02:50:30 pm by Chipz »

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Bumping own posts?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 03:35:06 pm »
Is it okay for someone to bump their own post?

It honestly depends on what the thread or topic is. Even though there is a rule regarding bumping old threads, and multi-bumping/posting. This rule generally covers the 'black and white' side of things. However, I can explain the more grey areas for you, as sometimes bumping threads and multi-bumping/posting is okay.

If a topic is still relevant, such as discussions (Game Discussions, Forum Discussions, Input/Ideas etc), then a user is more than welcome to share their opinion/views on such topics instead of creating a duplicate thread. Though, since you're asking if it's okay for someone to bump their own post, then they're free to as it's theirs. The only time you're not really permitted to bump a thread is if the thread is inactive, no longer relevant, is not necessary to, and/or if the thread creator is no longer active.

One thing I should point out is that it's also fine to multi-bump threads of your own, as long as there's a valid reason. Such as posting about an update, or an update to your original post, or bumping a request thread after a while if it's not getting the right attention. For example; you're requesting a preset, but the thread hasn't been posted after a few days and other request threads have been made, bumping your thread further down. This is when it's fine to bump your thread to the top, as you're needing/wanting something, and you need/want to catch the eye of someone who can help you.

Hopefully this clears things up and answers the grey areas. If you ever need more help regarding this, then you're welcome to message a Staff Member and ask them whether or not it is okay to bump a thread if you're unsure!

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone