Author Topic: throw some confetti, lemon's been here for 5 years and he has stuff to say  (Read 1516 times)

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt

Wow. Ok. 5 years. What a long time. Warning after writing all this, this is basically everything I've done on FH since I registered, so strap in.

I remember when I first found FH. I was a little ten year old (yeah, TEN!) looking for games similar to Animal Jam out of boredom, saw this was free, and jumped to the website. I think I was constantly refreshing the page for 2 weeks waiting for registration to open, and the second it did, I made an account.

narwalpanda54321

I vaguely remember my first days playing the game. I made a feline with 255 255 255 white pelt, 0 0 0 underfur, and bright pink tiger stripes, then sat in Bonfire and just watched stuff go down. Then I made a grey and purple wolf (I think her name was Valarie?) and went to Fluorite, where I tested every single chat system and had no clue what any of them did. I'm sure I annoyed a few people.

My first really impacting friend was a troublemaker with the username Trixx, and her girlfriend Ash. I found her sitting at the top of Cape and we became fast friends. We would go into random private maps and do quick rps that we never continued and trolled quite a few people. Then she got banned for 2 years, and I haven't seen her around a whole lot since.

I hopped around, joining lion prides and wolf packs and Clans, and at one point I remember having so many characters that I couldn't make anymore. For those wondering, that cap is 99. I was in Creatures of Yugure when it was first starting up as a dragon name Thalia. I was in two different lion prides that were set on L Island as two very different cubs, one was a sweetheart and the other was a spoiled brat. I was in ShatteredClan for about 5 minutes, my character got killed, and I got mad and left, only to join a Clan that they raided that same day. A real hot mess, right?

I think it was 2015 or 2016 when I joined a demon-based group, Nox Infortuni, latin for "unfortunate night" I believe, and I'm not exaggerating when I say that group was the best I was ever in. My character was a little demonic wolf name Khole who's best friend was a humanoid demon named Leopold, played by Sunatron although I have no clue what his username is now (he keeps making new accounts, last I knew he was ShiveringOwls). I used to stay up until 3 am in the group's private map, either watching them rp or rp'ing with them. Eventually the group switched to Skype, some drama happened, then it died. But me and my new best bud Solar kept the characters alive, and all I'll share cuz I know he probably doesn't want me to talk about this is that we completely changed the plot of that original rp.

From there I took a lot of several-month long breaks. I'd return for a month or two, create a few presets and get engaged with the community, then vanish again to work on schoolwork. Some time in late 2017 or early 2018, I changed my username to KingOfTarot to match my new dA account. A lot of it was not finding a rp group that I clicked with that inspired me to continue being active. Some of it was exhaustion. The past two years were really rough ones for me. I was on the track to stay in the summer of 2018, and then at the end of September we all know what happened, and I fled to keep my head clear. Then I came back in December, and here I am.

I think I'll be sticking around for a little while longer. This community is one of the most open I've been in, and I'm proud to be a part of it.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: throw some confetti, i've been here for 5 years and i have stuff to say
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 11:37:02 pm »
shatteredclan
ptsd

hell this is kind of an interesting read on your experience in the game
it's... enlightening.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
I enjoyed reading through this post. Looks like you had lot’s of fun in Feral Heart!

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • WARNING: I'm a bad friend
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
That, was quite entertaining to read! xD Must have been quite an experience for you, those younger years in this community and game.

Though I just have to ask.. What the heck were you doing with your life at the age of 10?! Lol.. Tho I'm sure you're not the only one who started at such young ages

My Canyon Map
Avatar by the Awesome Ruji / Michala

Offline Kahbloom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • Happy Camper
    • Kahbloom
    • View Profile
OH MY GOSHHH, ShatteredClan!!! I remember them. I used to think they were so cool too, LOL.
I joined them once but I got intimidated & never logged back onto that character after my first day, haha.

& L Island prides, aahhh...

This made me feel kinda sad/happy--I just miss being a little 11 year old noob & exploring around FH & not really knowing anything but loving it. I remember the first day I joined FH, I joined a wolf pack & they ABANDONED me! like I couldn't find them & I was like "D: guys help" & they were just ignoring me, hahaha. so I left & joined another pack & my first wolf pack came & tried to kill all of the people in my new group, haha.

I remember being so scared because I was like "aaahh! I don't want my character to die, nooo!"
She was an extremely bright brown/orange wolf with blue eyes & stripes on her legs named Kera.

There's nothing I value more than those first FH memories. Thanks for this post. It made me really realize how Feral-Heart really was such a large part of my childhood. (':

Happy 5 years!
Please say hello if you see me in-game!
kahbloom.deviantart.com

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
Though I just have to ask.. What the heck were you doing with your life at the age of 10?! Lol.. Tho I'm sure you're not the only one who started at such young ages

Hey, I met a kid who claimed he was 6. At 10-11 I was just running around all over the Internet looking for cool/fun games because I didn't want to do my homework.

Fonzie

this was really interesting to read, hearing about other's memories of the game is always wholesome. makes me miss simpler times!