Author Topic: The game will ABSOLUTELY not run as Direct3D9.  (Read 1112 times)

Offline Paroxysm.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • she really glew up
    • View Profile
The game will ABSOLUTELY not run as Direct3D9.
« on: December 08, 2019, 12:09:14 am »
Heyo.

So I've reinstalled FHD for the current patch, and being an oldie I forgot the specific rendering subsystem required for it to run. Just found out it was Direct3D9 so I went to swap it.

There's no DIRECT39D option in the Rendering Setup option when you get the small box to run FH. I manually changed my settings in ogre.cfg but once I load the game it either crashes or just plain swaps what I've reentered and replaces it with OGRE again.

What gives? Any ideas?

SpicyDirt

Re: The game will ABSOLUTELY not run as Direct3D9.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 01:36:04 am »
Hello there! Can you get into the main menu? If so, you can change the rendering in the settings there. For me, that is the only way that I can get the option for Direct. I hope this helps!

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
Re: The game will ABSOLUTELY not run as Direct3D9.
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 01:59:09 pm »
Another way to change the rendering system is this:

1. Go to the folder where you installed FH HD
2. Open up the ogre.cfg file with notepad or any program where you can edit plain text, but I do recommend just using notepad.
3. On the top line it should say "Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem". Replace the "OpenGL" part with this instead: (select)

Code: [Select]
Direct3D9 and make sure you leave no space after the "=" :)
4.Once you've done that (with that top line only, nothing else), save and close the file and start up the game to see if it works. It should.

Let me know if that helped. :)

Also once you change the rendering system again in the game menu or in the before-the-startup box, I believe it should automatically change in the cfg file as well.
doing what i feel like