Author Topic: Bring back old FH!! PLEASE READ!!  (Read 6712 times)

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
Re: Bring back old FH!! PLEASE READ!!
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 08:08:03 am »
The old ones looked like proof of concept demonstrators.  People wanted an update and when they got it...  lol the only thing i miss is the cliff at bonfire.  And the people that have moved on.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Skat

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • Sorry guys I left. Can't delete profile sadly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 03:04:29 pm »
Thank you for sharing your opinion with us! Allow me to give a response with my opinion as well, if that's no problem with you!

In all honesty, since I am on Feral-heart ever since 2012(or 2013 I forgot but I am very old), I do miss the old maps along with general and other funny things we used to do in the old days. But now, don't get me wrong, ever since the bugs begun hitting the game and KovLKD left the game to the current Admins, everyone was begging for an update. When the update came (Howling, roars) we wanted more. I have no problem if the old maps get added but the current ones be kept (yes it might bring confusion to where the RPs will be gathered but I guess people can short this out) just like when South pole was dadded, they just added new maps and kept the old ones. But considering it might cause lag to the game they decided it was best to keep the old maps out since the variety of people were complaining. In all honesty, I do feel you and I understand  you miss the old maps but we kind of asked for an update. When we first got Roar and Howl we adored it but then we wanted more and more, the they added south pole, lonely cave etc. etc. Which was a possitive but people kept asking for more and more updates until we got these maps. So I think it's our fault for never being satisfied. I think alot of people, however, left because the community because so sore, no offense of course I am a part of it to, I mean that it grew to have a feeling that people who will have unrealistic colors or something different than the 'used realistic standard' will be pushed away, judged and asked to change and it pushes people away. I am not sure if the old maps can or will ever return, depending on the variety of people and the agreement we can all come to, but we could think of an alternative way that would benefit most of players. Merging old and new maps MIGHT work but may cause great lag to the game.

Atleast think of the possitive side; The game is still playable with alot of nice people in it :DDD

Thanks for taking time to read this and sorry if your desire on the game won't be satisfied but I hope you still enjoy the game regardless!
| Skat  | Weirdo | Foodsexual | Nice to meet you :D|

Me and my children PFF XD

Offline Taizer

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • "I can have a margarita at 11:30 am if I want to."
    • TaizerFH
    • TaizerFH
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 05:30:39 pm »
I like the old maps, that rock in ficho above the old waterfall where I made a ton of good friends and memories. But also I really love the new maps? Like, its a new chapter of FH and of our lives, we all grow, FH is also growing. People wish we could go back to childhood points as well, but we cant.
I feel like bringing back the old maps would divide FH more?
You'll get the new kids probably who wont understand why the sudden new patch comes with a <i>downgrade> or something just to add old maps back and also people seem to mostly sit in grounds and gather for groups and then go to their own private maps anyway, I hardly see anyone role playing in New Ficho or Kwimbi beach and they are some really nice maps...

I know the update shell shocked a lot of the veteran users into leaving as well, but maybe with life as it is they may have left eventually anyway.

But I know you can also download the old maps as an add-on that appears in cape that some users put together, so its not like they are completely gone, I've used them recently and sometimes other than me and my friends we find other people in the maps. They just need to be a bit more wide known as able to access I think.
Looking for my converted mesh? You can find them here ! https://taizerfh.wixsite.com/digitalviolence

EmilyWolfess

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2018, 12:12:23 pm »
Ruined my favorite buttswing and headbang emote.

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2018, 12:27:47 pm »
But, we still have the old maps as a download, old Bonfire has General chat back now that it's not an official map, and there's a way to and from every map instead of an impassible waterfall.

Old Feline animations can be downloaded here(Google Drive link), and old canine animations can be downloaded here(Mediafire link). Canine animations are downloadable here if Mediafire doesn't work.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 12:35:46 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2018, 12:28:16 pm »
Ruined my favorite buttswing and headbang emote.

Headbang is still there and buttswing was removed because users used it to troll and do other nasty inappropriate things.

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2018, 02:14:23 pm »
We can't always have nice things cause people will always try to find ways to abuse them. Personally though, I think the Moonwalk is way better than the buttswing. However, if you really want it back so bad, you can always find the old animations.

Offline Kittytoxic10

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2018, 01:01:38 am »
I actually got a mod by someone that let me get to all the old FH maps (including the old Lonely Cave) through a portal in the current Lonely Cave. But its not that popular, and tbh FH isn't that popular anymore, so all the maps are empty. Its weird seeing that bridge in Flourite Plains empty... But I miss all the old maps, all the memories, so many good times there man! My favorites were probably Flourite Plains, Ascension Island, and Bonfire Island... Btw the mod was made by someone called NygiaOfficial on YT. If anyone else has it or is gonna get it that would be cool cuz Im pretty lonely...

PocketMutt

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2018, 12:03:05 pm »
(Everything that needed to be said has already been said but I'd like to add my opinion too)
The old maps were iconic in their own way but the current maps are more considerate and the approach to making them was only ever in the best interests of the players' experience. The new maps took a load off of the server and created a better flow from one place to the next. I've said it before but less rambunctious in-game behavior does not equal less fun. It's just a matter of being flexible. The general climate of the game has changed with the map re-designs and I'd say for the better. In this sense, it feels like FeralHeart has grown with me. Everything just feels much more gentle now. I absolutely loved the old maps (just like everybody else) but I appreciate the current ones for all the considerations that went into making them.

Offline Dentrimental

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • "Promise me we'll always be there for eachother."
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2020, 05:51:07 pm »
Ah It's always okay to say your opinion as long as It's not rude and hurting anyone's feelings.
I was thinking If I should reply to your post or not, but I decided to do so. Mainly because there's a lot that I want to say but I don't know how since there is a lot of things.

I don't think that you or those people actually miss the old maps. I feel like you guys (and more members of the community who weren't involved in the discussion earlier today on FeralHeart) miss the community and people more than they actually miss old maps. I can't say that I agree with bringing back the old maps. They didn't have any details, no objects and no sense. You see, all new maps are now connected and form a nice little online 'World'. Like a map. 'You go north, you end up north', as Red said earlier today. You didn't have that in old maps. It just teleported you. I do love old maps, but only because of the memories. I know how you guys feel, I also miss the old FeralHeart sometimes. But why don't you try to look on the bright side of the update? You got so many new maps! I mean, imagine if they all got deleted. People wouldn't be happy either. You can't make anyone happy. Also, the huge work would just end up in trash if new maps got deleted. It would be a STEP BACK. If old maps are to be brought back and new ones deleted, I believe that even more users would quit FeralHeart. This game needed the update! I saw people quit FeralHeart before the update, more than they do now. I might be wrong, but that's just how I see it. Saying that 'This Feral Heart sucks' is not very nice and doesn't add up to what you said about stating your opinion and not hurting anyone's feelings. Well you did hurt feelings of people who worked hard to create new maps, who took time and effort. I mean, imagine how long it takes to create such detailed worlds! Especially if you have a job or school/college.I don't think that you or those people understand how much these guys worked, just to make YOUR experience in FeralHeart better! People started to complain about FeralHeart ''dying'' ever since Kovu left! Is it dead yet? I think not.
The new update is coming really soon, and yes more people might leave after the new update, but that doesn't mean new members won't arrive! A SNOW map is coming! You wanted SouthPole map? Well you will get something like that, just upgraded and with more objects. Sneak peeks of the new update are also coming in very soon, as the Staff has said. Try to be happy about that! You will have so much more to explore.' Anyways, I will always love FH even in its most garbage times.' If you think that It's ''garbage'', then why don't you leave? It's very rude to call a game garbage, a game that you play!

That's it from me, I wasn't arguing here, I just wanted to respond to your thread ^^ Peace!
I understand. But, i would agree with Serenityrose. I, too, would love to atleast have the chance to download the old maps. Every single download of the old maps, does not work for me. heres proof.

I pressed ok, and waited 10 minutes. Nothing. This upsets me, as i did extract them, and put the exports and media folder into the fh one, just how the tutorial said so. My friend said it works for her, so im very confused.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Thank you for gracing me with your presence!