Author Topic: moveing over to a unity engine ?  (Read 1605 times)

Offline BassBoostedDuc

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
moveing over to a unity engine ?
« on: May 20, 2020, 11:58:25 pm »
Hi i don't really code game that much and i would love to help in any way i can but i think if we want to improve the game we should move over to a unity based engine as it will Handel physics better and it will handle client side lag batter too this will not only help us improve the texture detail in the maps but will also allow us better loading times when trying to get to different parts of the map , this can also allow us to add features like pro accounts for when the server is full pro accounts have a quicker wait time.

We can also add premium add on's like more wings and more objects to sue and we can also maybe add more things to do as most players want a story line that's why games like winds of change work so well as they have story lines.

if we could just add a few mini games around the map roblox style we can improve are player satisfaction, anyway i would love to help in anyway but this up to the dev's to move the server over as i don't think ill be able to got access to the code to translate it over,
BTW unity coding isn't as hard as it seems one you get going its easy really.

What do you guys think can we make it happen ?

p.s. please don't let this die out this holds a really special place in my friends heart (crush) and id hate to see her watch it go as she has spent many years playing the game.

p.p.s this game also has a lot of ways it can go. I hope you see what i do in the future for this game :)

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: moveing over to a unity engine ?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 05:58:55 am »
Moving this over to the Game Suggestions & Ideas childboard under Game Discussion as that fits better there.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Dark_heart

• Professional Razmirz's Cheese Stealer
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 08:52:25 am »
In my opinion, pro accounts are not a good idea. Many people just don't want to spend money on games, which could make them feel worse.

Of course, this does not mean that I would not like to support the game, but such a way is not the best.
On new account Aiiokia

Offline Garfield.

• ✨Magical chihuahua✨
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • hello, it's mac
    • channel/UClsDv82N2aher_4BWUy8KPQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 11:59:02 am »
I agree with Dark and as Spicy said, things like pro accounts and item don't really fit the game but the mini games ideas is actually good to make the game more dynamic, it is very kind of you to help improve the game :3.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 10:05:39 pm »
I believe i saw at least 2 people do half finished unity swaps.  For some reason they never reached completion.  I think motivation was partly why.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"