Author Topic: Aro'Kai's Sudden Death  (Read 37908 times)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Aro'Kai's Sudden Death
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 11:31:12 am »
Let's not forget that Raz took the bullet quite a few years ago regarding this here, trying to raise a concern and possibly warn users:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=35806.0

Even though this is in a sense old business, it's good someone on the inside stepped forward and told this with some more reasons as of why and from their own perspective. I'm glad they're getting back what they deserve honestly, living a lie and trying to attack and troll everyone else into submission in any means possible on the internet is quite "sad".

I just hope the map is going to clear up, and everyone will be able to get back to business. Personally I'm going to keep my distance from now on if possible because it's not worth my time, and the person who did this is not either.

Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Bullspit

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Deluxe chicken tender
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 06:47:29 am »
Honestly, in regards to what Red stated above, I saw Raz's post and honestly saw it coming. I was never a huge active participant in the Aro'Kai community, but I did kind of watch from a distance. I am not surprised by this one bit, because I lost hope for the progression of the game years ago. Things seemed fishy for a while, but now we just know the truth, don't we? I don't think the DA post is fake, nor do I believe they are lying, because I've had a lot of experience with users making a web of accounts and tangling themselves in lies, so it is a definite possibility.

Vivat Rex

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 06:27:40 am »
smh at the trolling in that dA journal's comments, but lmao at their ammo.

I can confirm @CometTrail's comment on the staff boards being pretty empty. There wasn't much activity going on. There were a lot of moments where some of us would brainstorm and try to spark some life or activity for a while, but it'd never really go anywhere, for multiple reasons.

Offline Skullfrost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • @x_skulleh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2016, 12:40:46 pm »
im not surprised at all about Arokai dying tbh

I was a bit surprised about onowl though...

-WhereSunRises-

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 02:01:49 pm »
Actually, Iam not EVEN surpised -_- Progress was poor, updates too. It was obvious that there is no future for Arokai. It was 6 years if I remember right, and during these years, nothing much has been done. It's a big pity but whatever, Rest in "pieces" Aro'kai. And just like Kiaz said, the patience of community was incredible! They deserved so much more than this...

Offline Meadowstar01

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 03:01:20 pm »
Well... I was not involved in the community very much at all, but I will say that this came as a surprise to me. I always thought that Aro'kai would be one of the few games to actually have a release.

Oh well, I guess. I'm very glad that I did not have any money to donate to them. The whole thing is screwed up.

P.S. Regarding the money, can this go into the matter of law?

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 03:18:19 pm »
I was never too hyped about the progression of Arokai, but it really is a shame to see a game with such potential fall this way.

Hoping the users in the Arokai community pull through hard times and  settle the whole issue with the money.
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Hetrin

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2016, 05:23:08 pm »
Aro'kai is dead, huh? Can't say I didn't see this coming. It did look good with a decent community back in late 2009/2010 when the streams and stuff were held, but pretty soon cracks began to show, and I had a gut feeling the complete game would never see the light of day. Guess that hunch was right after all.

Can't say I'm surprised it died in a fiery ball of drama, either. Just goes to show the true nature of these folks despite the nice facade.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2016, 05:30:52 pm »
At least that is finally over.
I have heard about it...one some years back and it seemed interesting, now I'm hearing about it again only to find out that it was practically a bust.
Community has some good patience ( me included ) for waiting this long and sad that my uneasy feelings about it have been confirmed. But oh well.
Who knows, maybe something else will rise and will actually bring potential. ~

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2016, 07:12:04 pm »
I'm honestly not surprised this happened.
I was at first hyped for the fact that Aro'kai was in "creation", but after seeing so many years pass without any news of progression I eventually learnt that there was no point having any hopes for this game. I stalked their community for a while but yet soon lost complete interest; sure this is a very unexpected way for Aro'kai to die but meh, I'm not shocked.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡