Author Topic: Aro'Kai's Sudden Death  (Read 37723 times)

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Aro'Kai's Sudden Death
« on: May 16, 2016, 01:51:22 am »
wasn't sure whether to put this in the other games board or discussion, so staff, feel free to do whatever to this thread.

Anyway if you hadn't heard, apparently AK had the plug pulled on it.
It's all done.
No more work to be done, all progress is halted.
Just check the forum:
http://arokai.proboards.com/

Now normally I'd let someone else post about this but apparently a whole bunch of things had gone down behind the scenes, and this was brought to my attention via dA Journal post in the dA group AK had(Warning, author used the occasional profanity and had a 'negative tone' for part of it, so be warned as you read the information. It also has the chance to be biased, so use your brain here as you read):
http://arokai-game.deviantart.com/journal/Some-Clarification-RIPInPieces-609239338

Honestly, personally, truly, I'm not surprised by any of this.
but the MIA donated money is sure surprising i will not lie.

So I leave ya'll with a few questions:
Do you think this is legit?
Is it accurate?
If this is true, what do you think of it?
Were you even surprised?

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
Re: Aro'Kai's Sudden Death
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 01:56:35 am »
My friend sent this to me about 10 minutes ago and it is well worth the read. It's honestly a shame and I feel for those who are disappointed by this.

Personally, I'd fallen out of touch with the Aro'kai community since 2012 so this was kind of a surprise to me --- I did know people who were at one point friends with 'Onowl'.
I'm pretty sure this is legit, seeing as there's really no reason to trash AK because it's already been pretty much gone..

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 02:19:51 am »
Moving this to the Other Games board :)

Offline CometTrail

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • give me sinnoh remakes or give me death
    • aero-mancer
    • xcomettrailx
    • c0mettrail
    • c0mettrail
    • c0mettrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 04:54:19 pm »
Lmao. Rip arokai.
As a former staff member I can say that everything in that journal is true. Kahara is onowl, voxlyons, zaikaikee, and carnage to name a few. Who knows what other accounts she owns at this point.

When I was admitted into staff, there was no progress at all done. The source was broken and no one ever posted. The one thing that got done was that we figured out what lore to use. But now the creator of the lore, shusuke, has retracted it from ak. So nothing's been done since 2011.

I'm glad to see it go. I won't go into much drama but me and the poster of that journal have been mulling over these things for years. Ever since Kahara came to me admitting to their multiple accounts and such, I've been uncomfortable working for them. I only stayed because of the real and lasting friendships I made with other users.

It was a tough spot to be in because we were afraid of Kahara. But now that everything is out in the open, life is so less stressful and I can finally move on.

Though the journal adds that progress may be made courtesy of marona, I wouldn't count on it. She is busy and unable to do all there needs to do to keep arokai alive. Especially after this release of information.

Good riddance ak.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 05:00:07 pm by CometTrail »

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 07:05:35 pm »
There's hope that the real owner of Arokai (which is not Onowl) can reboot the whole thing.
doing what i feel like

Offline Tripwire

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Bamidele Lions Of Dodoma
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 07:26:16 pm »
So much drama, but at least I don't have to get my hopes up anymore. c:

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 12:11:36 am »
Ah yes, this. I think I'll just copy'n'paste my comment from deviantart, as I don't really have much else to say:

"I think first of all, before I say anything else, I'd like to give a hella ton of thanks to you CCLM. Thank you for stepping up and deciding to tell us all the well deserved truth, I think I'm right in saying that the whole AK community owes you.
I can't really remember when I joined Aro'kai, it must have been quiet a few years back, but throughout my time there it was immediately evident that there wasn't much progress being made. As much as we were always assured that there was work being done behind the scenes, it was painfully obvious that nothing was really happening. To the lack of updates, to the lack of activity, everything seemed to be on a consistent and steady downhill roll.
And what makes all of this even worse is the fact that the community was so patient. So enduring. And above all just so friendly and welcoming and open. And for what? To have it all shoved back in our faces again?
I am incredibly glad I didn't have the money to be tempted into donating to the AK development, because the lack of evidence as to where the money ended up might be the most disgusting part about all of this. The fact that so many people had enough hope in the progression in this game to invest money in it for so many years, all for it to disappear without a trace, is really just sickening. It's the thought that this whole thing was just a scam for our money that really brings it all crashing down to reality.

It is sincerely heart breaking to see Aro'kai go, with the amazing community and awesome concepts and the years of perseverance.

It it was nice while it lasted, but I think we all knew that we couldn't carry on playing along with their lies forever. "

Offline Skullfrost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • @x_skulleh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 02:09:07 am »
rest in potatoes arokai

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 05:45:39 am »
I'm honestly not surprised this thing never actually got finished. Nothing really was ever done. Like it doesn't take 6 years or so to make a game, or even a sandbox game to be exact. Back when I was active this was the talk of the forums, this Aro'Kai game. So seeing that its shut down now doesn't really surprise me cause after 6 or so years, nothing has been done.
As for the person who wrote this I kinda find it sad people would hop on other accounts and kinda playing the blame game when real crap was never really finished at the end. Nothing was ever done, like....ever. Do I think this is legit...well...I got no other reason to think otherwise...I mean its been 6 freaken years so sure. I kinda did knew of the account hack that this person was talking about since I think a fairly long time ago some Aro'Kai and Feral Heart drama had taken place on here and there was a huge fight between this Onowl person and Raz but yeah....all history now.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 05:29:08 pm by Feareh »
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 06:25:11 am »
Personally, this made me a bit sad, since I've been hyped for Aro'Kai for so long, and it's one of the only games I thought had a slight bit of hope. Maybe Isles of Eventide could have some hope, though, and some other games.

But other than that, I don't think I'm very surprised either. And it's not exactly new for me to see an in-progress game like this dying off as well. (Probably because of it being underfunded, not having enough people working on it, etc. Games are very hard to make.)

Although... Since I haven't really been around the Aro'Kai community very much in the past few years, I can't say I expected this, but eh. //shrug// What /can/ you expect.

EDIT: Although in the comments, Marona seems argumentive against this herself. But... >_>
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 06:32:42 am by Hugrf »