Author Topic: \\ Animation Submissions //  (Read 2868 times)

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
\\ Animation Submissions //
« on: December 21, 2022, 09:09:02 pm »

\\ Animation Submissions //

Map Submissions | Mesh Submissions | Texture Submissions | Marking Submissions | Animation Submissions (you are here!)

Post a reply to this thread with gifs and/or video examples of your work. Include downloads if applicable!

- Your examples MUST be your work only!
- You may make as many submissions as you'd like
- There is no deadline for submissions as of yet
- Submissions made here simply serve as examples of your skills and are not intended for the patch itself
- Recruits will be required to work with Blender 2.79b for animations to work. Newer versions of Blender will not be compatible

The staff will contact you if we believe your work fits in with the style and needs we're seeking for the game. If you have any questions, feel free to post them down below!

We look forward to seeing your beautiful creations and skills!

« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 09:56:38 pm by Ame88 »

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline sinew

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: \\ Animation Submissions //
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2024, 10:37:24 pm »
Hope submissions are still valid.
2015 player here, made a new account to start fresh. 3D animation has been a hobby for years and I figure it's worth a shot to see if it may be of some use here. I created FH animations years ago but the spark has returned because dissecting the syntax of skeleton.xmls is the closest brush to the feeling of game development I'll have for a long while (computer sucks and I'm broke). And it's just fun.
I chiefly use Blender 3.0 but use 2.79b for FH things. I've managed a cheap IK system for the rigs that can be converted to Ogre-friendly FK, so no more stuttery feet clipping through the ground or floaty movement due to zero cooperation between pelvis and limb. Doing FH animations is good fun and practice for when I plan to graduate to a more intensive game engine for personal projects, so with the free time I have maybe I can make a contribution.

I mostly stuck with movement as it's easier to get good animation because the hardcoded playback speeds aren't extreme - what you see is close to what you get. Harder to achieve an appealing idle or something when the keyframes are stretched waaaaay out in game and any secondary motion gets destroyed. Maybe that can get changed in the source code, but as it stands right now as a non-recruit I'm not too concerned with showing off sits and idles and the like. There's some weird deformation in some areas (ex. the rump on the canine crouch) as I'm still learning the limits of these models (and in all honesty the models themselves aren't great but more on that in a bit).
I kept a barebones semi-realistic animation style for demonstration but I can make more expressive stuff if desired.

Canine locomotion (newest)
Disclaimer, the hocks and tail deform strangely throughout animation. It's no fault of mine. The bones get all crunchy with the addition of any animations that aren't default, and this can be seen in any animation pack. If I had to wager a guess I'd say it's because the bone translations in the .blend file aren't equal to those in game. Fixing this is something I can't do.

Walk

Run

Crawl

Feline locomotion (oldest)
This one isn't very good and shouldn't be representative of my best but I'll include it anyways.
The canine has better animations than the feline because the canine rig has (mostly) even weights and bone rotations. Feline poses don't mirror correctly because of uneven rotation and it's not as pleasant to work with. I am looking to fix this however.
The feline also includes a shoddy idle and stretch not pictured here as I was testing playback speeds, in addition to a crouch and crawl done as a test to see how much I could deform the mesh before it starts to look like a Half-Life model. You're welcome to see for yourself but they're not included here as I'm not fond of them.

Walk

I encourage you to download these because the gifs butcher them a bit. Dances, curl transit and idle, roar + howl, and stretch (except for feline) are not included, so don't try playing those animations, or you'll crash.
cbody download            fbody download

And this 30 minute interpolation experiment. Not entirely relevant but I think it looks neat.

Thanks for checking me out.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
Re: \\ Animation Submissions //
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2024, 09:52:50 pm »

Hope submissions are still valid.
2015 player here, made a new account to start fresh. 3D animation has been a hobby for years and I figure it's worth a shot to see if it may be of some use here. I created FH animations years ago but the spark has returned because dissecting the syntax of skeleton.xmls is the closest brush to the feeling of game development I'll have for a long while (computer sucks and I'm broke). And it's just fun.
I chiefly use Blender 3.0 but use 2.79b for FH things. I've managed a cheap IK system for the rigs that can be converted to Ogre-friendly FK, so no more stuttery feet clipping through the ground or floaty movement due to zero cooperation between pelvis and limb. Doing FH animations is good fun and practice for when I plan to graduate to a more intensive game engine for personal projects, so with the free time I have maybe I can make a contribution.

I mostly stuck with movement as it's easier to get good animation because the hardcoded playback speeds aren't extreme - what you see is close to what you get. Harder to achieve an appealing idle or something when the keyframes are stretched waaaaay out in game and any secondary motion gets destroyed. Maybe that can get changed in the source code, but as it stands right now as a non-recruit I'm not too concerned with showing off sits and idles and the like. There's some weird deformation in some areas (ex. the rump on the canine crouch) as I'm still learning the limits of these models (and in all honesty the models themselves aren't great but more on that in a bit).
I kept a barebones semi-realistic animation style for demonstration but I can make more expressive stuff if desired.

Canine locomotion (newest)
Disclaimer, the hocks and tail deform strangely throughout animation. It's no fault of mine. The bones get all crunchy with the addition of any animations that aren't default, and this can be seen in any animation pack. If I had to wager a guess I'd say it's because the bone translations in the .blend file aren't equal to those in game. Fixing this is something I can't do.

Walk

Run

Crawl

Feline locomotion (oldest)
This one isn't very good and shouldn't be representative of my best but I'll include it anyways.
The canine has better animations than the feline because the canine rig has (mostly) even weights and bone rotations. Feline poses don't mirror correctly because of uneven rotation and it's not as pleasant to work with. I am looking to fix this however.
The feline also includes a shoddy idle and stretch not pictured here as I was testing playback speeds, in addition to a crouch and crawl done as a test to see how much I could deform the mesh before it starts to look like a Half-Life model. You're welcome to see for yourself but they're not included here as I'm not fond of them.

Walk

I encourage you to download these because the gifs butcher them a bit. Dances, curl transit and idle, roar + howl, and stretch (except for feline) are not included, so don't try playing those animations, or you'll crash.
cbody download            fbody download

And this 30 minute interpolation experiment. Not entirely relevant but I think it looks neat.

Thanks for checking me out.

These look wonderful! Thank you for your submission ^ -^ I have forwarded your submission to the rest if the team and we will look over them!

Yeah, the models definitely do get a little crunchy when trying to animate them, but it's something we definitely won't have to worry about since we can go in and fix what we need.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort