Author Topic: A couple of notes  (Read 38454 times)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: A couple of notes
« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2018, 10:22:23 am »
Characters never got deleted apparently so it's just wait for them to be put back on once people stop going into the maps, says so right in the thread.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Flurr

« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2018, 11:52:29 am »
Thanks for letting it be a bit more clearer. I still would like to know how the computer automated
Bot works though.

I also do agree that there are no sides on this. But yes, the staff did make things interesting with things like parties, member of the season, and contests.

As for the lost characters, you will just have to wait until they appear back on your account, like Red said.

Offline star._.chariot

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Pantsu maru mi e.
    • angryfandomwaifu
    • Serenity Mallette
    • angryfandomwaifu
    • anime_kid13
    • angryfandomwai1
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2018, 12:53:32 pm »
To be honest, this worries me a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if trolls wouldn't ban random people just for the fun of it- to be fair though, I am very suspicious when it comes to people I don't know, therefore I might just be worrying a bit too much.
Let's have a little chat.

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 28, 2018, 03:32:49 pm »
We appreciate the clarification, but the proof that you are responsible for the missing characters rests on Nynx’s gravestone. She wanted to give us a taste of the patch, but then she got banned and any characters who went into the maps she showed us were deleted.
We don’t need the staff to leave for any discernible reason. They actually care about us as opposed to you.
Also, I suggest you use =/= to indicate “not equal.”
I’m not sure if all characters were returned, but mine and many others did come back yesterday? I think? I’d double check your character list to see if you have them ! ♥️
artwork by dehvina

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 28, 2018, 04:31:36 pm »
As Red has already explained, characters weren't deleted. They were just simply put on a backup sort of thing, and Raz probably had to go and restore them himself.

Offline Skat

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • Sorry guys I left. Can't delete profile sadly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 28, 2018, 04:56:46 pm »
I know I said I was leaving and all, but it just felt wrong to let my last post be so negative and bitter. That, and the fact that I still care about this community quite a bit led me to believe that maybe I should see this through.

Look, I want to apologize for how I worded my posts in the Moderator Free October thread, as well as my leaving post. The venom was uncalled for, and you didn’t deserve that. I’m sure you have your reasons for the decisions you took, and I may have jumped the gun in writing what I did simply because I disagreed with your choice of doing things; I loosened the reins on my temper and I clearly shouldn’t have done that.

However, I feel that some of the community’s fears were also justified, given how little was explained in regards to this system. Both sides have made mistakes, whether it be assumptions, or a lack of details. This community is a brilliant one in many respects, and I feel bad for tucking my tail in between my legs and leaving instead of staying to help in the aftermath.

Obviously what I've said so far hasn't been exactly relevant to the OP, so hopefully these next few lines will be.

I know that everyone's on edge lately, but I would encourage you not to lose reason (like I did) in face of this whole situation. Obviously we don't have the whole picture, which is why it can be hard to see any positives to this, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're nonexistent.

Some of you might agree with Raz's decision, and others will disagree, but fighting about it is the worst thing that you can do right now. The month of October will be crucial for a lot of people, and clearly the trial's not going to be dropped, so we might as well make it go as smoothly as possible. The last thing we need is for the system to get skewed just because some people were feeling resentful.

Raz, I urge you to please be more transparent in the future. You've said it's not your strong suit, and that's understandable, but this community really deserves to be informed about what is happening / will happen to the game that they so clearly cherish. It's not exactly fair to let them make assumptions and then say that they're oversimplifying things.

To everyone else; some of fighting I've witnessed in light of recent events is what made me realize I was overreacting. A few of you seem to feel like you're fighting for the right 'side' of things. I'd like you to consider the following: there are no sides.

There's no "pro-this" or "anti-that" teams. There's only one big community with the desire to see their game be the best it can be, and you shouldn't be splitting yourselves up into opposing teams and fighting over things that don't really matter in the long run.

If you don't want this game to die, then don't lose perspective of what's important to you. All of this fighting isn't really what people like about FeralHeart, is it?

I agree that the staff made the community interesting with events, parties, and contests. For the time being, maybe it's up to us regular members to take up that mantle. Find what you like about FH and do your best to propagate that.

I think I've said all that I wanted to say. I'll be staying on the forums and seeing if the future holds something for me here.

I'll agree completely here and same stands for me.

You know what? I'm literally sick and tired of all of you being children about this. Yes, the news from Raz was shocking. Yes, everything that has happened has literally thrown us all for a loop. But can we all freaking grow the heck up? Please? This is getting stupid now. The worst of this has blown over, people are starting to calm down, yet here you guys are still jabbing at each other. How about this....we just sit and wait and see what this does? Hmm? Whether we like it or not, Raz is still the server master. We may not agree with what he's done, but what choice do we have? The best we can do is move on and see what is in store next. Who freaking knows, this may all work out! And then we'll all feel like fools!

So I suggest all of you calm down and think things out. Be mature about this. Cause I'm tired of seeing all of us doing this to each other. We're in this together, no matter what.

There is a justified side on the outrage and that's because of all the used people and all these secrets in the background. Some people take it personal and  start getting offensive indirectly. Words can hurt alot if you use them correctly. Yes we're mad, yes we're angry, yes we need more clarification and it's really disappointing all of this effort members and staff has put to create something beautiful to restore all the cheerfulness and eagerness to play the game but I will agree on one thing and that's to handle things more maturely. I personally didn't and I'm not quite proud of it but I'm aware why plenty of others react this way.

Let's all agree we should get the award of saltiest community of the year?
| Skat  | Weirdo | Foodsexual | Nice to meet you :D|

Me and my children PFF XD

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 28, 2018, 05:50:16 pm »
Let's all agree we should get the award of saltiest community of the year?

Salty? But.. we're.. wonderful :D

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Corssa

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 29, 2018, 01:51:22 am »
I am kinda scared, as for the block = ban, some might over use it and get others banned just for fun, i am scared i or my friends might get blocked a lot of times from others doing it for fun,
Sorry if i don't really understand i just wanted to put this out.
As for the people who get offended easily just as if you walk up to them and say "Hi" or whatever or if you just walk up to them and they get offended and block you cause i have saw people do that to me before block me for no reason and i don't want to end up banned just from blocks for no reason.
So there are a lot of people out there wanting to block for fun, and that's what i'm scared of.
And since of this i will either avoid people or might not be on as much.
And there are people who just look at you and just hate you instantly and then they just block you, I've come across people like that.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 01:55:32 am by ReaperAndBlues »

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 29, 2018, 02:05:43 am »
Block does not necessarily mean ban. It's a little more complicated than that.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #139 on: September 29, 2018, 03:04:41 am »
I wish to approach this from another perspective. In order to make moderation more effective by supplying instantaneous bans, it is understandable why you wish to implement your block-ban system, but why make the trial explicitly (and publicly) known? It would be more appropriate to keep it in secrecy to reduce the possibility of unjust bans via the server itself.

Regardless, in its core, Fearlheart is a game aimed at a younger audience—an audience that is vulnerable to the evils of people with bad intentions—which need guidance on what is not appropriate to tell to strangers online. If one block does not outright ban the offender, they may still roam around the game free. Of course, one can argue that it is impossible for the moderators to know all of the happenings in the game, however it is important there is human reasoning—something computers lack—in every situation moderators are confronted are able to reach. Those that do not see an apparent issue or disturbance will not block. Consequently, I only feel as if Feralheart will become a dangerous place if the "no-mod" system is run unaccompanied by actual human moderators.

Feralheart is far from a utopia, and one can not expect an imperfect society to control itself without justifiable and logical execution of law.

edit: After looking into everything that has been happening lately, I am disgusted. No one should be getting cut by this decision.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 03:59:56 am by AlphaEclipse »