Author Topic: Multipul images in signatures  (Read 3540 times)

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
Multipul images in signatures
« on: November 15, 2011, 08:08:54 am »
I have noticed while staying on the forum that we are only allowed to have one image in our signature. I would like to politely discuss the possibility to remove this creative hindrance from our lovely forum.

Now dont get me wrong, a size limit on signatures I wholeheartedly support, however I do not see why we should be restricted on the amount of images we can stuff into our 750 x 300 limit. I am sure I know one reason why this is in place. So as to avoid making loading times for people with poor internet slower. However, I would like to point out that 3 100 x 100 images would load no slower than one large 750 x 300 image.

With that in mind, I am positive I am not the only forum goer who has been torn between two images to put in their siggy, especially if you are a fan of those spiffy little image bars.

How does everyone else feel about this? :33

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Multipul images in signatures
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 09:58:10 pm »
I understand the members want more piccies in their signature, and I'm not much against this either, only thing is that it needs to be solved in a good way.

I'm not sure how the script work for the signatures, but I'm not sure if there's any easy way to sort so it works well.

Lets say The current limit for signatures is there, but if more images is allowed to be put in, I'm not 100% sure if it also lets us pick an "overall" signature pixel size. If this option is not available people will be able to chuck in yet another nice big signature image which result in a massive signature.

If there's no such limit I can see how the staff must check out for all signatures that seem too large to them, but some would probably have slightly bigger than others which would seem unfair.

We will look into this and see if there's anything we can do.

If there's not, I can only say right now that we'd have to choose between one bigger image or 2 images and a smaller overall image size limit if I'm not sounding too confusing right now. It's all about if there's a good way to solve it in the end and at what cost.

Thanks for the input~
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Wolfwing104

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Find me ingame with the username Wolfwing104
    • View Profile
Re: Multipul images in signatures
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 08:18:19 pm »
I agree with Red. Although it would be nice..