Author Topic: Marketing & Ideas  (Read 1367 times)

BirdieBeep

Marketing & Ideas
« on: June 23, 2019, 12:52:42 am »
Hi so I have some ideas and whether or not you'd take them, I thought it wouldn't hurt to put them down here

Social Media Marketing

So I'm not sure if this has been talked about in the past, but I think the game would benefit from having social media. Like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Basically you'd post what would be here, like any updates, events, and maybe even more than that. You could showcase MOTS, cool presets and maps members have made, member testimonials (which really work btw, from one amateur marketer to another it sells), and I think it would benefit the game greatly and it could reach a bigger audience. And honestly if you do take this idea, i'd gladly throw my hat in the ring to do it if no one else would.

Game Suggestions

These are all over the place, so please bear with me if I don't make that much sense, or if it's not possible please correct me!

- Remeshing models? (maybe not the whole canine and feline model but little pieces)
- New Textures?
- More/new markings?
- Slicker UV?
- Less detailed maps? (don't get me wrong, I enjoy the new maps but some are a little more performance heavy and it causes issues for a lot of players)

Anyways, these are what I have on my mind, tell me what you think? ^^

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Re: Marketing & Ideas
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 01:16:04 am »
Any and all ideas are greatly appreciated, Birdie. <3

- As for social media; there is talk of a FeralHeart Instagram that has been passed around for some time. This, is not a high priority right now, though but alas it is in the books for a potential addition. :> I am behind this idea as it would bring a new, fresh audience and more possibilities. As for any other social medias, I am not sure. I really like the sound of your ideas though regarding the social media and I agree with a lot of it. <3

The game ideas you've spoken of are very nice, indeed, but there is some things to state here. The main piece is, the staff team are not able to edit anything major such as models, etc. They are only able to edit things that members can unfortunately with the original creator leaving with the code itself; not allowing anything major to be done. :c

- New textures would be nice but I am not sure what the team would want like - keeping the original ones, etc. You can also download texture mods for your game as well which can be found on the forum, DeviantArt, etc.

- Markings are another thing that have been mentioned but I am not sure if it is going to be implemented due to copyright issues. Perhaps staff members can elaborate. <3

- By 'UV' I am not sure what you mean exactly here. If you're talking about the GUI (interface) there are also loads of beautiful mods for this as well! Not sure if they are interested in changing it much more?

- Less detailed maps are something that I have seen mentioned a few times but considering the amount of work that was put into the maps now, I am not sure they would be willing to change them much. There are tricks to improving performance found in 'The Big Help Thread' by redlinelies that is usually very helpful. c: Another thing is, your system. If you have a slower system try checking out the thread and also lowering your in game settings (turning off water reflections, lowering the screen resolution, etc). There are always ways to improve performance, but again, I am not 100% sure they would be willing to change all of them for that sole reason due to what I mentioned above.

That is what I feel about what was mentioned here and we do appreciate any and all suggestions, we all do! I am very interested in what the community feels and thinks and I thank you for posting this. I will forward this to the team. <3 c:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 01:20:02 am by Esarosa »
not active here anymore ♡

BirdieBeep

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 02:07:51 am »
Any and all ideas are greatly appreciated, Birdie. <3

- As for social media; there is talk of a FeralHeart Instagram that has been passed around for some time. This, is not a high priority right now, though but alas it is in the books for a potential addition. :> I am behind this idea as it would bring a new, fresh audience and more possibilities. As for any other social medias, I am not sure. I really like the sound of your ideas though regarding the social media and I agree with a lot of it. <3

The game ideas you've spoken of are very nice, indeed, but there is some things to state here. The main piece is, the staff team are not able to edit anything major such as models, etc. They are only able to edit things that members can unfortunately with the original creator leaving with the code itself; not allowing anything major to be done. :c

- New textures would be nice but I am not sure what the team would want like - keeping the original ones, etc. You can also download texture mods for your game as well which can be found on the forum, DeviantArt, etc.

- Markings are another thing that have been mentioned but I am not sure if it is going to be implemented due to copyright issues. Perhaps staff members can elaborate. <3

- By 'UV' I am not sure what you mean exactly here. If you're talking about the GUI (interface) there are also loads of beautiful mods for this as well! Not sure if they are interested in changing it much more?

- Less detailed maps are something that I have seen mentioned a few times but considering the amount of work that was put into the maps now, I am not sure they would be willing to change them much. There are tricks to improving performance found in 'The Big Help Thread' by redlinelies that is usually very helpful. c: Another thing is, your system. If you have a slower system try checking out the thread and also lowering your in game settings (turning off water reflections, lowering the screen resolution, etc). There are always ways to improve performance, but again, I am not 100% sure they would be willing to change all of them for that sole reason due to what I mentioned above.

That is what I feel about what was mentioned here and we do appreciate any and all suggestions, we all do! I am very interested in what the community feels and thinks and I thank you for posting this. I will forward this to the team. <3 c:

Thank you, I am aware that somethings are out of the staff's abilities (due to the absent source code), they've done a lot considering that do in fact have that factor working against them. What I meant by models and such is like the smaller meshes like ears, tails and such, since I know some members have edited them and enhanced them ^^' I probably should've elaborated on that one lol.
But thank you for your feedback and consideration :)

Offline cytofin

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • cytofin
    • teahsu
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt/Contact
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 01:15:23 am »
Feral-Heart does currently have a DeviantArt group, but I do like the idea of there being an Instagram and Tumblr page. There is a lot of people on those apps, which would bring in more members. As someone who watched the game decrease from 600+ people online to only 300 maximum, it would be nice to get some new blood!

For the maps, there could be a less laggy version created for the game for those whose computers have performance issues. Overall, I do like this ideas presented. cx