Author Topic: Idea for less lag and new rank.  (Read 1765 times)

Offline DarkmoonNight

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • ~WolfDark~ <-- mah user in game.
    • View Profile
Idea for less lag and new rank.
« on: October 01, 2012, 03:09:13 pm »
Hello. I've been recently experiencing problems with lag, bad tokens and player limit of a server.

What if, there would be like, more servers?
Also, not based on the language, that would suck in my opinion. Everyone would go to their own server and start chatting then forget about rping.(I think so.)
What if, you could choose from the servers? Like server1, server2, ect.
Also, it would be great if you could see the amount of players in a server so you won't have to change the server all the time to find the one with the most players or less players.
For advertising people, there would be a 'Global' chatting thing, where people could communicate between servers and such. ALSO, you could see if your friends are online in all servers and whisper them even if they're in another server.
*it would be also pretty cool if you could create your own server with a password, for lagless rping and such.

*- I'm unsure about this idea, it would probably make everyone stop wanting a map.

Also, you might have seen lots of ideas about hunting. Some are positive, some are not.
There could be some special servers for hunting so people who don't want to see annoying animals running all over, won't.
Imagine the lag hunting will create. Giant! This is why it would be better for hunting to be in other servers. Also, imagine, a lot of people with crappy computers would probably quit if hunting would be added due to the amount of lag or their computers simply can't handle the game.

And here's my second idea:
What if, there could be another rank, like mentor, helper or something which would help the newbies, people who can't download maps, have trouble with meshes etc. I'm sure many people don't want to wait for an answer on the forum. It's way faster. Also, wouldn't it be nice if the helper's name would contain like a title, so people would know who to come to for help? And, there could also be people which could teach people how to be literate, respect fighting rules etc.
In other words, teach them how to rp properly.

What do you all think about these ideas?
PS:I'm sorry if these have been posted again or something, but, really, I saw nothing and stole no one's idea.
PSPS: Sorry for any grammar, spelling, expression mistakes, but my native language isn't english ^^
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 03:11:26 pm by Faithness »

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Kashii

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • NO LONGER ACTIVE. READ LATEST POST.
    • View Profile
Re: Idea for less lag and new rank.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 03:12:09 pm »
Great ideas! I hope a staff member takes this to mind someday. :3 +Floof.
I will no longer be active on this account. Please read my latest post.

Thank you for the derpy avii, Kikiveto. ;3

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 03:44:53 pm »
You can reduce lag by Pressing esc > Options > Video > Turning the Water reflection off and View Distance right down, you should feel a difference. :3
Also, I think having seperate servers like that is a good idea, but I'm not sure if ORGE is able to do that (completely clueless).
However, I like the idea of having helpers, I thought having 'Official Roleplay Helpers' would be a good idea, considering there are many people not understanding how to roleplay or the different types. With the other idea, members can always check the Member made tutorial section, instead of waiting for a reply on a help topic.
Nice ideas! +Floof.

EDIT: Just realized it was you Wolfie. xD
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 03:46:32 pm by Zaroque »
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline DarkmoonNight

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • ~WolfDark~ <-- mah user in game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 04:24:34 pm »
You can reduce lag by Pressing esc > Options > Video > Turning the Water reflection off and View Distance right down, you should feel a difference. :3
Also, I think having seperate servers like that is a good idea, but I'm not sure if ORGE is able to do that (completely clueless).
However, I like the idea of having helpers, I thought having 'Official Roleplay Helpers' would be a good idea, considering there are many people not understanding how to roleplay or the different types. With the other idea, members can always check the Member made tutorial section, instead of waiting for a reply on a help topic.
Nice ideas! +Floof.

EDIT: Just realized it was you Wolfie. xD

I know that water reflection thingy ^^

And why hello >:U

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 01:11:05 am »
Great Ideas!

Different Servers? This would be cool. People could make as much servers as they want as long as they can pay for it, FeralHeart would have to create such a feature with 'some' advanced coding to work this out out so we can link our servers for others to join, making it feel like Minecraft in a way. However the FeralHeart Staff would need thousands of money donated to build such a Program, plus, time too.

Ranks? So Agree. I've been wanting to know people I can help with anything in FeralHeart, but sending a message to thousands would take me days, months... like a custom message for everyone?

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 06:39:25 am »
Different servers has been discussed in threads not long ago at all and it's a big no. There's many reasons for it being that way, a few of them is that one server can hold the users if they split up and go into different maps(more interesting maps needed in the game and better layout), having several servers is expensive, we do not have the resources to run several servers. In overall, we'd make a more chaotic community and we want to sort out what we already have and make sure people can be together.

When it comes to the ranks it has also been suggested before but this was quite a while back, the thing is that these groups would need moderation like many other things, boards would be needed to be structured out, members would need to be assigned to titles, overall just putting more work on the table that I in all honesty thing we'd be able to stay without. We have plenty of helpful members as it is and if it's something I'm happy to see working around here is the help section and users will to help throughout.

But taking it to a new level and making mentors I do not think is a right call. The game itself and site doesn't have to much complexity too it, and the majority of the things should be easily explained or shown. Maybe this could be something to consider for the future, but I see lots of work and low payoff when it comes to having mentors or helpers at this moment.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline HollowWolf

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 09:12:23 am »
Now I believe that lag is a naturally part of feral heart due to the many people that play. I don't think that lag can be fixed.

My Prediction: More players online= More lag.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Floof ya'l laterz!

~RedClowny
Side account for Sigyn

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 10:15:25 am »
That is why there is lag RedClowny, which would explain the bad tokens when going to Flourite sometimes

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline HollowWolf

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 11:58:48 am »
Yush ^^. Tis gewd when lot of floofs play but tis not gewd when chu cannot get intoz fluorite.

But don't let meh stop chu from playin :).

~RedClowny
Side account for Sigyn