Author Topic: Forum Themes  (Read 3121 times)

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
Forum Themes
« on: August 15, 2018, 03:24:16 am »
I have been thinking about this for a while and I am not sure if the engine the site
is based on will allow this. My input is short and sweet... what if we had themes to choose from?
In example, a lighter theme or a darker one such as this. Or even perhaps the original theme. But
with everything, there will likely be flaws. What do you guys think? I also read a while ago that the forum is still W.I.P, is
that true?

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Themes
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 03:10:32 pm »
Yes, it seems as though the forum design is still a W.I.P. But, I honestly miss the old forum layout. It was more unique, in my opinion.

Overall, I see FeralHeart with dark templates. Brown, tans, black, greys, with a few golds and yellows strewn about as accents. This forum is run on Simple Machines, which is the lovely Createaforum.com. I have little experience with it, but I think there is only one default skin that everyone sees and individuals cannot change it. Not entirely sure, since they could have changed that.

FeralHeart/Impressive Title used to be a Proboards website, if you believe that! ^_^ You can see how FeralHeart accounts are connected to the site whereas in Impressive Title, you didn't even need to put your correct e-mail in to play! (Which honestly explains it's downfall and hacking, r.i.p.)

A very nice suggestion, I am sure there are members who could make the forum really pretty!
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 07:09:04 pm »
That's an interesting idea! I don't know weather or not it would be possible for the staff to apply that, but if they can and like the idea, I think it would be a fun feature! Otherwise I can see them maybe wanting to keep it simple and stay with this current theme?
Nonetheless, it's still a fun idea!

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Flurr

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 10:19:22 pm »
Nice, interesting! I remember when I joined IT in 2009 it had something like that! It is a great idea and it would be beautiful if they did so <3

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 02:45:37 am »
Yes, it seems as though the forum design is still a W.I.P. But, I honestly miss the old forum layout. It was more unique, in my opinion.

for... over a year and a half?

eh, i know i dont work fast but hells bells man

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 10:03:55 pm »
for... over a year and a half?

eh, i know i dont work fast but hells bells man

Considering Razmirz is a busy man, yes. It could take longer. I am sure the staff's priority is focused elsewhere.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2018, 12:57:36 am »
I'm not sure if its possible or not, but if it is, I'd love to see different forum themes! Even something as simple as Light/Dark options, but seasonal themes would be pretty neat as well (I know Chickensmoothie, for example, has different themes for holidays, seasons, and events; seeing that variety in the FH forum would be a lot of work but still pretty interesting!).

And I'd pay to see the old theme back, as painfully contrasting and messy as it was, just for nostalgia purposes.

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2018, 06:33:27 am »
Indeed, most of the staff are busy, including Raz. I'm sure something will happen in the future with it though, patience is the key. As for the theme selection idea, I do like that, it's an interesting concept. I did love the old layout, but I'm not awfully picky with what's given.

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2018, 04:51:21 pm »
Putting in my thoughts here as well --

I do believe Raz is very much focused on the patch at the moment (though I could be wrong), I know he is very busy a lot of the time! Though, if theme selection were a thing that would be awesome. I think a general revamp would do just fine. Some aesthetic touch ups, new buttons, details, etc. But, when staff find time maybe they might detail things and give more options! Who knows. c:
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2018, 08:24:57 pm »
A theme based on Seasons would be nice to have ^^. Not that It’s a priority or even a possibility during this time. It could look cool and what not c:

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox