Author Topic: Priorities  (Read 22533 times)

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
Re: Priorities
« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2019, 11:03:46 pm »
All I honestly have to say is, FeralHeart is too small of a game to not take the players opinions and suggestions into consideration. I understand your view point and everything, but this thread was simply made in an attempt to grab staff's attention and throw suggestions out there. Every game can be fixed, added on to, or changed. Nothing is ever perfect the way it is.

If you cannot see that the game has shrunk by a lot over the years, then I honestly don't know what else to say. The members of this game are simply hoping to see something new, see some changes, and have hope that the game is progressing rather than continuing to fall deeper into the hole it has dug.

Everyone simply wants FeralHeart to grow, and continue growing, rather than crash and burn.
artwork by dehvina

Offline Greymane

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • well
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2019, 11:04:30 pm »
Make a new game
Not the guy she told you not to worry about.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2019, 11:05:26 pm »
You completely missed the point of my post. You are wrong to assume without personally knowing me; but I can assure you Blizzard devs don't personally whisper details into people's ears, even if they do take open suggestions.

So far from this thread there are very minimal solutions, many people come with their idea of approaching raz in a manner or two. I understand it is unjust to leave the decision ultimately to him alone, but for the many that are so "fed up" with how things are in place and have not much to offer to change it, things are very simple - just accept how it is or quit the game and move elsewhere.

If the man rejects your ideas, maybe it's time you start asking what the man has to offer in return; or rather what ideas he would propose himself. From the last time I've seen this issue rise, the solution to the situation made it very clear that people are not in favor of change. So what exactly are you asking for?
Nah I think I got it.
I'm and pretty much the rest of us are not asking for the staff to disclose every single thing they are planning because that's unnecessary. I can see how a few people took it too far and are "fed up" with things are being handled, and they can leave if they want. But that doesn't mean this has to go on. This has been an issue for a long time and it's a good thing that it's being addressed now better than never.
Likuu's reply basically sums it up.

To be clear I'm not trying to personally attack you, I want you to understand why this issue has arisen now and several times in the past. You don't have to change your mind, but please understand why the community feels like this.

BirdieBeep

« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2019, 11:13:38 pm »
Make a new game

easier said than done my dude

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2019, 11:17:38 pm »
@elonmusk , if you joined recently based on your profile, I honestly don't think you understand this as much as old members would.

This game used to have well over the amount of members we have now, and it's gone down and down over each year. Don't you think if a lot of people had the ability to do so, they would just "make a new game"? People have tried, and it doesn't take a day or two to make a game, it takes years.
Please understand people have different opinions after being here since the beginning of the game rather than just joining a month or two ago, the game is deeper to them and has much more meaning.
Sure it may just be a chatbased game with little to do, but many people have made many friendships and amazing things from this game, and would like to continue to do so, but if the game were to no longer be here, they wouldn't have that opportunity anymore.

This is simply why people give suggestions, opinions, and push for more. They want to see new members, create bigger and better things.
artwork by dehvina

Offline Greymane

• Curious Wanderer
  • well
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2019, 11:31:54 pm »
@elonmusk , if you joined recently based on your profile, I honestly don't think you understand this as much as old members would.

This game used to have well over the amount of members we have now, and it's gone down and down over each year. Don't you think if a lot of people had the ability to do so, they would just "make a new game"? People have tried, and it doesn't take a day or two to make a game, it takes years.
Please understand people have different opinions after being here since the beginning of the game rather than just joining a month or two ago, the game is deeper to them and has much more meaning.
Sure it may just be a chatbased game with little to do, but many people have made many friendships and amazing things from this game, and would like to continue to do so, but if the game were to no longer be here, they wouldn't have that opportunity anymore.

This is simply why people give suggestions, opinions, and push for more. They want to see new members, create bigger and better things.

You are yet another person to judge a book by its cover. To clarify - no, I am not "new". And yes, I am aware a game takes a while to create. And yes x2, I have made my own game too. But if everyone is so confident that the game is being run wrongly, I see no issue in taking the same, as above mentioned staff and volunteers, into a group to take the existing FH copy into a new game. Kovu doesn't care. Replace the media much like any IT server. Same thing.

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2019, 11:43:15 pm »

You are yet another person to judge a book by its cover. To clarify - no, I am not "new". And yes, I am aware a game takes a while to create. And yes x2, I have made my own game too. But if everyone is so confident that the game is being run wrongly, I see no issue in taking the same, as above mentioned staff and volunteers, into a group to take the existing FH copy into a new game. Kovu doesn't care. Replace the media much like any IT server. Same thing.
In-case you skipped over it, I did indeed say "if" when saying "if you are new based on your profile", so don't worry I didn't assume, I just put all that out there in-case you happened to be! ♥ So no hard feelings there, believe me.
Again, nobody said the game is being run WRONG, they are simply giving suggestions and their opinions on more to do, to make it BETTER.
I have no say on replacing things, as I am not sure if it is even possible, depending on what they are able to actually replace.
I personally have no idea if Kovu cares or not, and neither do you? He did create the game.

I will not sit here and let this turn into a petty argument, I've stated my opinion and you have stated yours, I recommend you leave it at that.
All I did was try to get it across that the members simple want the game to keep running, rather than crash and burn, the game WILL continue to shrink in numbers if things continue to be treated the way they are. If you fail to understand that, then that's on you !

I never intended for this to turn into anything like this, and I'm sure nobody else did as well when it came to this topic and discussion. Please do have a good night or day, as this is becoming childish.
artwork by dehvina

Offline Greymane

• Curious Wanderer
  • well
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2019, 11:48:20 pm »

Everything can be replaced with the right tools and motivation.

Really not sure why you're taking this as an argument, but of course

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2019, 11:53:44 pm »
Because you fail to understand my point of view, that is when things will become an argument.
Sure things can be replaced, though that doesn't mean they should. Neither of us are staff so we wouldn't know what could be changed and what can't be. I have heard plenty of times that a lot of things can't be replaced due to missing the source code, so I'm going off that really.
artwork by dehvina

Offline Greymane

• Curious Wanderer
  • well
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2019, 11:59:18 pm »
I never said that your opinion is not valid to me. You contemplate things that I either confirm or deny, there is not much to it. I get it, you're keen to keep this game running.
You should consider though, that this is a repeating issue lately.

"Sure things can be replaced, though that doesn't mean they should." Wouldn't this argue the idea of "If things are working, doesnt mean they can't be improved"?

There is a fully functional FH clone floating around. Full source. Have a poke at it.