Author Topic: Priorities  (Read 22583 times)

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: Priorities
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2019, 10:13:12 pm »
Maybe it's just time to accept that things are going to stay the way they are no matter how many threads are made? You can keep bringing it up but so far it's done nothing.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2019, 11:04:40 pm »
While I get where some are coming from and saying how we can bring up matters and just accept how things are, people can still bring awareness to things if they're still hoping for some form of change. After time and time of a topic being mentioned, it should at the very least be considered especially if the masses supports the idea. It doesn't have to be as difficult as it's coming off as personally.

While staff members ( server master, admins, mods, etc ) aren't obligated to tell us anything.. My issue more comes from when there's major changes happening and confusions, rumors, uncertainty starts to rise more and it could be avoided. I honestly believe that this community can do a whole lot better with the relationship with the staff and it's members. No one needing to jump down on other people's throats and just be a bit more open minded and see it from other perspectives.
When you have members continuously bringing up something and you're not giving them the answer they're looking for and just using the same old copy + paste excuse, it does get a little old and starts becoming a little unprofessional. You're not robots. You can try and take a bit of time and start treating members with a bit more respect than what I've seen overall.

I have no ill feelings towards the community, the members and even staff itself other than just disappointed the way things had to go and are going. It's a neverending cycle of, 'I don't gottas' and 'Not my faults' ,etc. Enough is seriously enough. Everyone is involved in the end whether you feel a certain way and spoken up about it or not. No one needs to be lumped entirely together.
I don't even care about the updates and games, I just wish there was a lot more trust and faith between parties and not this toxicity that seems to spew out of nowhere. I know times change and we can't stop it but geezus.

I don't agree with some of the methods use and I would like to see more communication between members and staffers and while it may never happen, I'm not just going to 'accept it as is' however, I can try and do my own part and be that part of the community where it's not all that bad but pretty nice along with anyone else that does the same or does something similar.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Vilivikhorith

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • \n\n\n\n
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2019, 11:15:33 pm »
It doesn't hurt to consider that maybe there isn't much to be transparent over. :P This game is highly unlikely to see any updates anytime soon that isn't like, new maps unless someone wants to go and fix up and compile a new FH or sumfin'.

Though I would suggest that perhaps we should cut out the middle-man, there's a lot of word of mouth going on here, which uh, probably is going to make people jump to conclusions. A good way for lots more transparency would to make some staff threads where there's discussions visible to all, but of course read-only to normal members. That way you get your info straight from the source!!

MOTS this is your one and final warning if you even entertain a situation like this again you will be booted.
now that's just in poor taste. let us discuss!!

Offline TouchOfMadness

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • "Tommi"
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2019, 11:21:18 pm »
Well said! It does feel like staff and long-time members tend to interact within their own circles while the rest simply scuttle about their own business, and the two groups rarely intermingle. I don't think anyone in particular is to blame for this; there's been an attitude of complacency from all parties involved. But as a result, there's no new blood circulating through the heart of the community. A steady supply of new faces, new ideas, and new projects and events to get involved in is what keeps communities alive, and keeps members active and enthusiastic. Every member-- whether they be staff, veteran, or complete newbie--needs to feel like they're a part of something, something that is more than happy to have them there. Honest, open communication between all parties is key. Perhaps I'm being a bit idealistic, but this doesn't seem like a terribly difficult standard to set. Everyone just needs to show a little initiative towards change.

(Sorry if I misunderstood the topic. Also, I haven't read all replies, so apologies if I missed important information or reiterated points.)
It's been three freakin' years and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2019, 11:36:28 pm »
Maybe it's just time to accept that things are going to stay the way they are no matter how many threads are made? You can keep bringing it up but so far it's done nothing.

at the very least by doing something and speaking up about the problem we aren't just sitting idly by.
encouraging this behavior is what allows for tensions to mount and reactions as seen in this thread to happen.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2019, 12:14:43 am »
There is nobody to blame but the MOTS and as the MOTS and ex MOTS have decided to point fingers I'm simply pointing out that its the MOTS task not the staffs.

Yes, it is their task. But how can they do their task if there's nothing to initiate that task? Really, all they feel like is just regular players who have a little bit more access on the forum than others. Yeah, they can be out and about, talking to players and chatting about ideas to be brought to staff, but, it seems every time an idea is brought to staff, we never hear about it again. Maybe rarely months later, but still. Thus bringing up the same issue as before. So, it doesn't truly help all that much.

Why?

Because before MOTS can be transparent, the staff have to be transparent.

Once again, we got that same answer;

For whatever reason suggestions have been shot down, or put on a waiting list as we have grander things to deal with.

If the MOTS can't fix this issue, then we should look further.

Who has the most information regarding the game and it's development?

The staff.

Who's the only group who can relay truthful information about what's to come and what's being worked on?

The staff.

Who's the only group that can ensure updates be put forth on what is being worked on?

The staff.

Who are the MOTS supposed to be providing more transparency with the player base?

The staff.

It's very obvious that things are backed up on the staff's end.

It would seem if the MOTS doesn't work I suggest we pull the additional powers if a working MOTS  team cannot be found by the end of the year.

There should not be a middle man to make a bridge between player and staff. So, yes. Perhaps the whole MOTS thing should be removed. It's very obvious that the issue lies on the staff's end if the MOTS have not fixed the issue by now.

Quoting from the MOD FAQ;

You can say MODS are really the ones trying to keep things in motion and set the lines required for "you", the users.

Their main purpose is really to help as much as possible and put up a good example for other users within the community.

Things really don't feel "in motion" right now. All we get are the same excuses that things supposedly are being worked on, but little to no intel on where those things are now. It's understood that updates take a lot of work and time, but over months of nothing being said, I'm sure there's something to relay.

Even if it is not stated verbatim within the rules they should provide information, according to the rules, it is definitely implied that they should when need be. Y'know. To "keep things in motion". If they want to help, as it is expressly stated is their job, they should put together something to give a little insight into whatever it is they want us to look forward to. Something that keeps everyone interested and coming back. But if you still object to the staff members distributing information directly to the players on the forum, then the staff must provide meaningful updates and content to the MOTS for them to post said updates on the forum in the appropriate thread, on an established timetable regularly.

An example being; if it's map related, all it has to be are vague screenshots (as it has been done in the past) of the work in progress to incentivize interest.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

illogicalFish

« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2019, 12:22:35 am »

at the very least by doing something and speaking up about the problem we aren't just sitting idly by.
encouraging this behavior is what allows for tensions to mount and reactions as seen in this thread to happen.

Agreed

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2019, 01:27:56 am »
I am so, so sorry to everyone involved in this but I have decided to leave MOTS as a whole. I will not put up with things or support what's been going on any (publicly and behind the scenes) longer. I am so sorry but I cannot handle the stress and whatnot.

Thank you dearly to everyone who gave me the chance and voted for me, I love all of you. I will not be leaving FeralHeart but I will not be participating in MOTS any longer. Thank you everyone, for the opportunity. <3
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 01:37:45 am by Esarosa »
not active here anymore ♡

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2019, 01:53:37 am »
"No one to to blame but..."
"Everyone pointing fingers..."
I express my dissappointment for this behaviour.
No one is at fault for any of this.

I did not post here to blame anyone, nor demonize, nor demoralize. I did not assume anything, I made a suggestion due to the condition of the community coming to one of the lowest of lows. I've been on the last four months, I did not intend to leave in the first place, I did not return only now just to start any trouble. I returned out of love for the community and the game... =/

Raz, I'm very appreciative for the added security, the continued support, and all of the effort you've put into this game. I don't have to dig around to know you're a really awesome dude. I'm also appreciative that you've bothered to say anything at all here, thank you.

":) problem solved when should I make the announcement?" -- Please don't, and please consider the silence about this from others as a default to not do this.
Why does it have to come to such extremes for something so small as a discussion? I'm genuinely confused by this.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2019, 02:22:29 am »
I'm not one to be involved with these kinds of things, but I am passionate about FH and it's community, and have been for many years. I would never demonize someone, it goes against everything I stand for, but I feel as though I need to state my opinion before this thread gets even messier than it is.

I remember when the updates thread had at least one update per season, or even per month some years. I think after the June 2016 update, things got quieter, and we were all left with questions like "what now?". People questioned why the population of the game went down about 50%, possibly even more after that update (although it began to drop around the time the hacking happened). Well, it's not really that hard to imagine.

In regards taking away the MOTS, I believe that if this solves the scapegoat complaints that the community have, then so be it. But I personally think that MOTS should return to the way it was; perhaps without them being involved with staff (unless they're looking to be chosen as a possible MIT), or the MOTS should actually be involved instead of also being left in the dark. I do agree that MOTS should not be used as a communication bridge between staff and the community, as it is better for the staff themselves to maintain the transparency.

I'd like to share this quote from Delay/Delayni, an ex-co-admin of FH.

"For a game such as Feralheart, communication between the staff and the players is key. Participation, activity, open-mindedness and open words -- that’s what keeps everything knit together. That is what has kept the game running for so long - or at least, that’s what I’ve perceived as an outsider looking in for the past several years. The lack of communication from arguably the most significant and relied upon member of the staff team is concerning, no matter how you look at it."

You are part of the staff team, Raz, and whether we like your decisions or not, I would never insult you or ask anything of you that would be seen as too much. Yes, you have kept this game running for countless years, and have battled many battles, and we do owe you that. But we just ask (even if there's nothing being worked on currently) for communication; whether it be by you or other staff members. For example, regular updates through the news thread maybe. Red, WhiteLightHeart, and the other staff (as well as yourself) did a good job with that throughout the years, and it kept the users happy, and they didn't feel left in the dark. That's what these people want. I understand that the current administrators are busy (I respect them both, they're great people), as we all are when it comes to life, but there's other users (as well as the current staff) that could do so much for FH and help it reach it's full potential. I'm afraid that FH has gained a negative reputation (not pointing fingers at anyone in particular for that), but it doesn't have to stay that way.

I do respect you Raz, but you should give us 5 minutes of your time, especially in your position. You, the staff, and every member that are here supporting the game that you master are the very foundation of it. We don't dislike you, and we aren't flaming you (at least I'm not), we care about what happens. Feralheart is a very large, and still somewhat active platform, which is why they ask for more transparency, and want to be heard.

You have an amazing community of people here, Raz, I hope you do see that. We all care, and we're all behind you, so long as we're listened to.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 07:08:20 am by Sigyrn »