Author Topic: Priorities  (Read 22578 times)

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
Re: Priorities
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2019, 05:34:48 pm »
times are a little different compared to when we had lkd running the show. updates were more frequent and we had the source code.
not to mention it isn't the obligation of staff, but they did take their roles because they proved they were extremely helpful, game knowledgeable floofs who excelled at being themselves and being trustworthy individuals who knew how to be the best examples of the community and were able to be a step further, ergo warrenting the promotion to mod.
if they do not prove that anymore and if they lost their spark of communication, then they may need a reality check. 
the game is small, we don't have much going for us so at least hearing there's an idea of an update is very meaningful. if the staff have a hard time caring about even that to pass it on to individuals who are chosen to do so AND WHO DO CARE then it sorta gives off the implication that.. we care but it doesn't matter. and us getting shut down like that will NOT help the game thrive.
i've told several people this in dms and elsewhere.. if the mods had nothing to hide, they wouldn't.
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..

Offline LupusK

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • My desire to inspire
    • LupusKing
    • View Profile
    • Read my stories
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2019, 05:40:09 pm »
MOTS this is your one and final warning if you even entertain a situation like this again you will be booted.

Wow
What a response.

Don't you think "Being that members of MOTS stand for the community" Also means bringing what the community have been talking about to attention? I can't even count the amount of times members of the community have brought this to attention to mods (Which are about 3 out of what, 15-16? considering the fact those 3 mods are the only ones online everyday) and just been given the same answer that eventually sounded  like an excuse or a way to dodge the question. If a large majority of the community says something needs to change dude. Believe me, Something needs to change. You never even tried to sugar coat it either, you just outright pinned the blame on the MOTS for being the voice of the community. What's wrong with that? I'm beyond disappointed with the results of this and I hope change comes, hopefully sooner rather than later. If you want the community to be satisfied, give them something to be satisfied with instead of words. Weekly updates, blogs or something because whatever system you have in place currently, it isn't working.

And that's me putting it nicely.
Feedback is a blessing.

Good feedback is encouragement.
Bad Feedback is motivation.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2019, 05:55:02 pm »
I'm terribly sorry Razmirz but I disagree with your perceptions and expectations as to what makes someone a 'staff member' and their responsibilities and tasks in general.

As a moderator it IS your responsibility to inform the community on updates and to allow some sort of transparency between staffers and the community as a whole to avoid confusions, rumors and even mistrust which is something the team currently lacks. There's more to it than what you're currently allowing / offering. Moderators are here to assist the members, keep the community running smoothly, handle tasks and responsibilities and so forth and that also INCLUDES keeping your members informed. You may end up doing something that the community doesn't agree with or see no point to it. You need that connection and as it stands, there isn't one.

It's not an assumption for members to expect something as important as 'Keeping the community informed' for that's common sense and what should be expected from a member of higher power / position. It's a part of your duty.. If you guys weren't aware of something like this, I really think there should be a reevaluation and something that should be considered before this relationship between mods and members destroys the community further.. And you can throw blame to whoever or even wherever but you're still part of this community, STILL a part of the team and you don't have a 'free pass' either.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 301
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2019, 06:27:52 pm »
Unfortunately the Mod FAQ hardly covers all that a mod does and "The Staff Thread" contains information not for users. So it wouldn't be a useful argument to use to Mod FAQ. I did also mention that the "The Staff Thread" has been updated over the years.

Unfortunately the Mod FAQ may have been a little neglected on the other hand only having staff names updated. It still gives a general jist but its not completely accurate now.

I'd like to point out that I'm not a moderator. But I do have a solution to this little problem we have. I in my official position can state that there is nothing no updates or anything. That way nobody is being strung out waiting for anything. Should things change and something just appears. WOOP something came out fantastic. But the official stance can simply remain as nothing is going on.

:) problem solved when should I make the announcement?
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2019, 07:14:46 pm »

I'd like to point out that I'm not a moderator. But I do have a solution to this little problem we have. I in my official position can state that there is nothing no updates or anything. That way nobody is being strung out waiting for anything. Should things change and something just appears. WOOP something came out fantastic. But the official stance can simply remain as nothing is going on.

You're still a part of a team of staff, are you not. Server Master is still a member of a staff team whether you wish to agree or not. Do you not monitor the servers? Making sure everything is up and running to the best of your ability? Moderators expands from just the typical def depending on context... Aren't you an admin also?

Either way, you're still a part of the staff team one way or another or else you won't be listed as the team member to begin with in my opinion and experience you're still a part of the boat which was the point of my message. You still have responsibilities.

A part of me just thinks you don't fully understand the situation and what members are asking and if there needs to be constant teeth pulling and no compromise between two or more parties then I don't think the cycle will ever end. Actions speak louder than words and how this isn't the first time the community has gone up and arms with you, it seems that you truly don't care and wish to continue running things a certain way.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2019, 07:21:01 pm »
Seems I've missed a lot in my absence, and I'm glad that Raz brought this to my attention.

All I'm seeing in this thread is just a bunch of people squabbling over things beyond their control. It's very apparent that what Raz has said is the way things should be and the fact everyone keeps going against him on everything is honestly making things worse. Y'all ain't getting anywhere with it. We all know Raz is hecking stubborn as a mule. He has his ways Set. In. Stone. But he has always constantly reassured that things would be ok in his....odd indirect way. So maybe we should all just sit back and let Raz and the staff do their thing. It's how it's been for years, and will c ontinue to be till this game finally shuts down, which will probably be another freaking decade and a half.

Am I 100% on Raz's side? No. I think he can do things a little different but constantly doing stuff like this and just testing his patience isn't going to cut it. We all see what freaking happens when he loses his cool. Do you want that again? No.

I know and totally understand that giving opinions and wanting to help this game is what everyone wants to do. I do too. But at the moment it's just not something we can fix. I want cool updates and I want things to change around here just as much as the next person but arguing over it isn't going to help.

Just my two cents. I never was much of a talker.

Offline silverharp

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2019, 07:24:16 pm »
Unfortunately the Mod FAQ hardly covers all that a mod does and "The Staff Thread" contains information not for users. So it wouldn't be a useful argument to use to Mod FAQ. I did also mention that the "The Staff Thread" has been updated over the years.

Unfortunately the Mod FAQ may have been a little neglected on the other hand only having staff names updated. It still gives a general jist but its not completely accurate now.

:) problem solved when should I make the announcement?

No Raz, that is not a solution. That's you once again taking the community for granted and throwing a tantrum. Considering your attitude towards the staff and the community which is "my way or the highway" you honestly seem like you have very little care about what happens to Feral Heart. What you are doing right now, is flaunting your power and threatening those who don't abide by your rules, instead of listening to the community properly and making proper changes accordingly. No, you shouldn't do everything a user in particular or even a small group of users wants. But for something like this, when so many people are clearly unhappy and you have a chance to make Feral Heart stronger as a whole? You clearly lack an understanding of what would keep this game alive, of the actual value of the counity. Larger community games have gone down for the same reason, don't think this place is invincible. If you remain defensive and offensive towards the other users and staff, then it's clear to me that this is all about you needing to be right and stroking your ego of power. If this was about the community itself, you wouldn't stick to your guns about something so easily fixed. All you have to do is allow transparency. That's it. But instead you're fighting about it, do you realize how quicker this situation would have been handled if you actually did that? Do you realize you wouldn't have to keep defending yourself in a way that honestly makes you look like the bad guy here?

It's time to get over yourself Raz, step off that pedestal and come down to earth. Because I really don't think you see how ridiculous this situation is, when all you had to do, was allow something that won't hurt anyone and will only increase morale.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 07:26:27 pm by silverharp »

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2019, 07:41:03 pm »
I am going to quote what I said previously—all though it seems unpopular, I agree with Raz that staff are not required to tell the community anything. They are in place to moderate. However, in order to promote growth, “it is only in their best interest to communicate with their community, otherwise they will only find themselves without a game to staff.”

I also want to remind everyone that this thread was not created intentionally to flame staff. I understand the anger—believe me, I do—but this was created to suggest transparency and just show that the community would greatly appreciate openness. In the end, we all just want the game to prosper, but that will never happen if staff cannot reach agreements and take note of suggestions from the community.

Feralheart needs help, it is obvious. If members of the community are willing to lend a hand, why are they being shut out of discussion? Staff should have the responsibility of choosing what is best for the community, but how can they do so without consulting the community itself? It is fundamental.

BirdieBeep

« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2019, 09:14:25 pm »
If I must be frank, this went from 1 to 100 really quickly and it didn't need to escalate that way.
We're very fortunate that the thread wasn't locked and we're allowed to have this open discussion, even if some feathers are ruffled. And honestly I think that's just a big part of progress, even if we're all not on the same page, we still have 1 goal that I think we shouldn't loose sight of; what's best for the game.

And I just want to say for the record, I'm sorry if my responses came off in any way that wasn't constructive or a little crass. I'm just being honest and even if there isn't a written rule that staff should be forward with players in terms of updates, it doesn't make it any less valid. Like Alpha said, and what I think I should clarify, you don't have to share everything going with us. And honestly, I don't want to flame staff or point fingers. I will say it again; I think for a situation like Feral Heart, ex staff and current staff have done well at managing the game without it's original creator. But that doesn't mean there is room for improvement and that's okay. I know some expectations may seem a little unrealistic because of the circumstances Feral Heart has been faced with, but I don't think opening the door to the community, even if it was just a little bit, wouldn't be such a terrible thing.

I don't know, what do I know?

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2019, 09:49:21 pm »
I will not apologise for what I have stood up for, nor do I regret anything I've said.
Whichever way it has been taken - clearly mostly as an insult by most - is not something I'll take accountability for as I only speak to how I feel the community deserves more respect and better treatment, as well as some sort of enhancement in Staff's performance. For too long has the performance not been quite what it could be, but whenever people spoke up about it it was made to be some sort of attempt to degrade Staff as human beings no matter if people even put a disclaimer. No matter how human it is to react that way it is not professional or mature.

This thread, I sense, was supposed to be only objective criticism coming from AlphaEclipse with numerous people agreeing to try and bring more attention from Staff. Yet, it was taken in a completely different way which is no one else's fault but the ones who took it that wrong way.
Therefore, I will not apologise and remain to stand my ground where I deem it a necessity.

Hopefully the next time similar discussions pop up there will be less instantaneous reactions to jump down the author(s') throats and more time taken to truly process exactly what they've brought up.
Once upon a time, FeralHeart was the best place to go to.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡