Author Topic: Where/how do I download the latest patch?  (Read 946 times)

Offline SlowtownDog

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Where/how do I download the latest patch?
« on: June 03, 2020, 05:08:58 pm »
Hello! I've never really used the forum before, but I got Feral Heart a couple years ago and with quarantine and all, I wanted to jump back into it. However, after logging in through the game, I was met with a pop-up telling me that I needed to download the latest patch from the website. I'll be honest, I'm having trouble navigating the site. It took a while to figure out how to post on the forum.

Anyway, I know that on the "Downloads" page I can find "Installers and Patches" but I only see the "FeralHeart Game Setup" under that heading. I downloaded that but I haven't completed the setup yet because I wanted to ask you guys: Do I initiate the "FeralHeart Game Setup" to get the latest patch or am I supposed to be doing something different?

I really want to make sure I'm not doing anything that will mess with my laptop in any way such as accidentally downloading the entire game again and then the laptop trying to open both copies at the same time, or something absurd like that. Money is tight right now and my home situation is tricky, so if this laptop goes kablooey, so does my life. I need this baby to work so I can finish applying to college and such.

Thank you in advance for your time. Any help is appreciated.

Offline Garfield.

• ✨Magical chihuahua✨
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • hello, it's mac
    • channel/UClsDv82N2aher_4BWUy8KPQ
    • View Profile
Re: Where/how do I download the latest patch?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 05:21:42 pm »
Below the setup of feral heart, you just scroll a little and you should see a file named Feral Heart executable, that is the patch you need to download. After doing that, you just find the exe in your downloads and replace it with the one you have in the FH folder.

IMPORTANT!
You should install the setup first and after do what I told above c:
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 05:27:03 pm by QuietMacaroni »

Offline Dark_heart

• Professional Razmirz's Cheese Stealer
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 05:58:07 pm »
For this what QuietMacaroni said: If you aren't sure you're installing patch correctly, here's helpful guide: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=68059.0
On new account Aiiokia

Offline SlowtownDog

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 04:34:59 am »
Oh, thank you for this! I'll try this tomorrow and see if everything works out.