Author Topic: 1.13 fh.  (Read 7506 times)

Offline Dentrimental

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • "Promise me we'll always be there for eachother."
    • View Profile
1.13 fh.
« on: July 12, 2020, 04:24:27 pm »
okay. for all the staff out there, please dont take this as offence or anything.

yesterday i nearly cried about what happened to fh. so many people left in 2016. i get the old maps can be downloaded, but its never the same. they are so empty. fhu also will apparently have the old maps, but it wont as they barely look like them. for example, bonfire. fhu bonfire looks way more 'detailed' and stuff. the rock looks different too. sooo.. :/

i get a game need supdates now and then, but seriously.. over 80% of the whole fh community wants the real fh back. im not sure what to say as the staff said 'were not bringing them back.' so, im a bit speechless. ive said all that i need to say. the only thing that is at the tip of my tounge, which ik will never happen anyways... all i want.. and many others too, is the real fh back.
as i said, dont take this as offence towards the map makers of the 1.17 maps.

-keda.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Thank you for gracing me with your presence!

SpicyDirt

Re: 1.13 fh.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 06:25:24 pm »
There are a few reasons as to why the 1.13 FH won't be making a return to our game.

For starters, the maps were massive. So massive that often times the server would crash or people's computers would crash because the maps massive sizes couldn't be handled. Another issue with these massive maps is that they were fairly empty. It looked as if all of the maps/the whole game was unfinished.

Second, what gets implemented and what doesn't is actually up to the server admin. He has stated on many occasions that the old maps will not be making a return for the reasons listed above. Many people asked for the new maps, and when they were delivered, many people got upset that the new maps were added and the old maps were removed. To keep the old maps with the new maps would just leave so many maps unused (similarly how many go unused today due to The Grounds).

Third, many of the older player base (pre 1.17 update) have grown up and out of the game. To keep new players coming and interested the game had to get a "face lift" to make the game more appealing to a newer audience. Admittedly, we are seeing less and less people, but that is the game cycle of every game. A great example to look at would be IT servers ~ the newer ones get more people then when a new one comes out they flock to that new one then eventually both will soon die. Another great example would be the "Call of Duty" franchise ~ none of their games really last more than a year due to the influx of new CoD games that look better than the previous then both games die off.

This comes up a lot by the older players of FeralHeart, and while it is saddening that the maps are gone and will most likely never make an official return, it is also good that the game now looks more complete and more appetizing to the new players that join daily. All trends must eventually adapt to the changing society and the changing wants and desires.

Offline Dentrimental

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 06:46:36 pm »
Me reading this: 👁💧👄💧👁

Maybe.. i really, REALLY REALLY REALLYYYYYY hope the maps would be back. Im a bit tired of- no. I just wont say it as.. razmirz wont do anything anyways. This is truly heartbraking.

Offline leda

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • leedle lee my dudes
    • https://rookfox.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 07:00:26 pm »
Hi! I actually made the new bonfire in FHU. and I totally agree that it's so sad we don't have that original nostalgic feel. But I think that if we released everything with no changes whatsoever, people would get their nostalgia feel but once that feeling has passed, they would be left quite... Bored? I think it's best to look at the cup half full and remember that change doesn't have to be bad! If we go into FH or Unleashed with the preset notion that it just won't be the same, then of course it won't feel the same. In the end it will be about FH/FHU's communities.
I'm sure in terms of change the FH staff feel similar; the maps were made in 2011, and to be taken seriously as a real game and not merely a glorified chat box , change needs to happen.
ANYWAYS I do agree that they were so nice and it'd be so cool  to experience FH as it once was and how we all began. Maybe we could try to organize an unofficial community party in the original maps or something !
find me in game as user leda, or see my feral heart dA, rookfox.deviantart.com !

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 07:29:33 pm »
I moarn with ya bud

Offline Dentrimental

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2020, 07:36:30 pm »
its just saddening that.. the old maps were in 2011, and we got new ones in 2016, and now its 2020. its been a very long time since the old maps. i feel like they deserve to be returned for a sertain amount of time. atleast 2 or 3 years. all i wish for on this game, the ONLY thing, is to experience what it was like back then.

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2020, 12:01:38 am »
its just saddening that.. the old maps were in 2011, and we got new ones in 2016, and now its 2020. its been a very long time since the old maps. i feel like they deserve to be returned for a sertain amount of time. atleast 2 or 3 years. all i wish for on this game, the ONLY thing, is to experience what it was like back then.

I know what you mean but unfortunately we all have to accept that we can't get that back, as sad as it may be - we can still access the old maps. They may not be populated but they aren't entirely gone (anymore). You aren't alone in feeling that way. But hey, members have been organizing parties and meet ups in the old maps so maybe one day more people will move there again ;)

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2020, 01:18:24 pm »
If the old maps were brought back, do you think it would be the same? The only way you would be able to experience the old fh would be if you had a time machine. So, yea.
Past is can't be future, but you can celebrate the past.
doing what i feel like

Offline Dentrimental

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2020, 01:55:33 pm »
How on Earth do I celebrate the past ._.

Offline Garfield.

• ✨Magical chihuahua✨
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • hello, it's mac
    • channel/UClsDv82N2aher_4BWUy8KPQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2020, 03:33:19 pm »
It's like 12 of october, when America was discovered. You can build activities and invite your friends to share their knowledge about the past.