Author Topic: Human characters Preset tipz by Raven~ [PS]  (Read 9988 times)

Offline gh0ul

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • ~~Son Fett
    • View Profile
Human characters Preset tipz by Raven~ [PS]
« on: February 09, 2019, 12:07:03 am »
Hey there, I wanted to make a preset today and I thought of sharing some things on how I make presets with you guys. Because why not?
So what I'll do is make a preset and show you how I do some things and the progress of it, hopefully giving some helpful tips on how to make them, in the way.
I use Photoshop so I apologize if you guys don't use it ;-; (I'll try to find some examples for other programs hopefully).
Btw these are just some tips on design of a human character preset. Not codes.

Okay now, put on some relaxing Death Metal and let's begin

Alright the first thing we're gonna need is a human character, go grab one and I'll get mine too.

Great we have a half human character now! of course you can use more than one reference on your character hello, I will do too, this is just an example.

Now I like to start with the head first so let's go get our references and start with it. I'll do this on a canine model for now.
You can find these helpful lines in FeralHeart>my presets>reference.

First thing you're gonna do is make a new layer and add their skin tone color and then what I like to do is to add the ''cheadMask1'' png, this gives me a nice reference on where the eyes and mouth and all is. Do what edits you need to do.
When I want to do the perfect lines on my presets I get the Pen Tool in Photoshop, do what lines I need to and then right click on ''Stroke'' and boom perfect lines. Before you do that make sure that your brush is either 1px or 2px. I'm pretty sure SAI has a simillar tool, I'm not sure how it's called, I think it's for curves. Make sure to keep checking your preset's look once in a while in Preset Maker.

Now our boi is a little floofy so I'll add some hair on his head. If your character needs too, do some lines to see where exactly you want your floof to be, then color and edit it as you want it to be.

Now let's go ahead and add some mane on him. Get your mane reference from FH>media>textures>masks and find ''fmaneMask''. Open it on your program, lock the transparency and start adding whatever color you want.

Let's make the eyes now. Open your references and add skin color and teeth color. The left one is the eye and iris the right one is the outside of the eye and skin. The black in the middle is the eyelashes, and the circles on the left one tells you where the iris is so you can add the design of the eye inside that. If you wanna add a sparkle or something add it where the arrow shows. An easy way to make the eyes is to take the Rectangle Tool, do the shape you want and then right click and ''Make Selection'' that way you can add the color you want in the shape of it. Now we have a somewhat good looking dude, righto?

Now, let's hop on the hard part. The body. Again, get your references and add a color on a second layer. What I like to do is to make some lines first (in another layer) to get the design I want on my characters body. Here the character has a jacket a t-shirt, a belt, the gloves, pants and shoes. Then I check how the deisgn looks on Preset Maker and I fix any possible errors. I put more color and check again oof.

After that I clean and fix everything, put on my perfect lines and check it again on Preset Maker.

For the tail I don't bother too much because it's a human, humans.. don't have tails right? Either don't put or just do this: get a 512x512 png/jpg/whatever add the skin tone color of the character and boom. Tail.

So I guess the preset is done now? Of course you can add texture to make it more realistic, this is just my way of doing things.
I hope I helped in some way, and I will probably edit this later on with better and more detailed stuff.
Pls ignore any possible typos or misspellings, it's 2am. Thank you for taking the time to read all dis~
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 10:17:42 am by Ravenqrow »

<3

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
Re: Human characters Preset tipz by Lutur~ [PS]
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 01:28:51 am »
Great tips, Lotor! Your human-ish presets always look stunning!
I never quite got the lines properly with mine xD (not that I tried that much either, gotta admit)

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline gh0ul

• ~~Son Fett
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 11:00:33 am »
I never quite got the lines properly with mine xD (not that I tried that much either, gotta admit)

Ah thanks and oof xD maybe there's an easier way in the program you use?

<3

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 11:21:11 am »

Ah thanks and oof xD maybe there's an easier way in the program you use?

Nah, it’s pretty much the same as you do it. I use MediBang, it works like any other drawing program (photoshop,sai,etc) ^^ Don’t worry;)

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

GeekyScout

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 04:58:03 pm »
NOW THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER TO UNDERSTAND!Thank you for making this! <3

Offline gh0ul

• ~~Son Fett
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 08:01:39 pm »
NOW THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER TO UNDERSTAND!Thank you for making this! <3
Glad you could find this useful^^

<3

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 09:41:35 pm »
This is a very well made tutorial my friend. It is rather easy to follow and I am sure it will be used by many. Thank you for this. <3
not active here anymore ♡

PocketMutt

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 12:10:42 am »
A very straightforward tutorial which is always a big help ! Thanks for making this, Lotor !

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 12:19:45 am »
aaahhh this'll come in handy keke

thank you for the guide!

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2019, 12:32:04 am »
Thank you for sharing this with the community! I'm sure this guide will come in handy. +floof

Signature art by Kynvuu