Author Topic: Shally has left the building!  (Read 4919 times)

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
Shally has left the building!
« on: February 21, 2017, 08:14:02 pm »
Ah yes. As always, where to start? So many things to say, so hard to get them all said.

I suppose I can start with THANK YOU, everyone, for giving me these wonderful years together with you all. It's almost impossible to explain how much I've learned, how many wonderful people I've met, and the both fun and not-so-fun things I've experienced.

But all in all it's been a great, and interesting journey! And I'm really, truly grateful.
The last two years have been my "bad-luck" years - I was seriously injured, at work in 2015, and then when I got better, physically, my dad was diagnosed with an aggressive cancer 2016. It's why I was away for so long without any word, I spent most time by his side when he was in the hospital.

He's lucky to still be alive, fighting this, but it's still hard to say how it'll go. But, as a nurse, I know that as long as there's life there's hope, and my dad has always been a fighter.
Anyway, everything in these two years has made it hard for me to be 100% involved in the FH community. It feels like I've been away more then not, and it doesn't really feel fully fair to my fellow staff members, nor the community, to stay in the staff position.

Because, even though there is many discussions about this, the staff is always at hard work - there's things to do almost everyday! I've always loved this, but now when I can't really keep up, it turns into stress for me. Please do not stare yourselves blind on the number of current staff members - these guys are amazing, hardworking people, and I really enjoyed working with them all. 

I've been a staff member since 2013, and I've loved it, and it's always hard to leave after so many years. But, I know there are alot of potential staff members out there, who will take over after me, and other retired staff! <3

Thank you to my fellow staff members - some I've worked with from the start, some a shorter time, but you're all hardworking, kind, good and genuine persons. It's truly been a honor, and I know you'll continue to take care of this community as you always have.

I'll most likely come visit now and then, and I'll still be running the Feral-Heart DeviantArt Group! c:
I'm not sure if I can say thank you too many times, but...THANK YOU. Each and everyone of you, new and old members of this community.

Shally out! <3

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
Re: Shally has left the building!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 08:16:44 pm »
Aww, Shally<3
We're all going to miss you so much.
If you do ever come to visit us we'll be here for ye!
I hope everything in your life gets sorted out soon<3

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Summeralla

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 08:22:01 pm »
I am sorry to see you go Shally. I hope you return to the community soon. <3

We will never forget you.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 08:23:06 pm »
But....but we shared lattes together! D:

I'm very very sorry to hear about everything going on. It's a terrible terrible thing. I really hope he gets better and things start looking up. AND THEN YOU CAN COME BACK! AND WE CAN DRINK ALL THE LATTES RIGHT?!!?!?!?

I'm truly going to miss you Shallow. Honestly. I know things have been rough between us over the last couple of weeks, but I'm just....really happy you were willing to move on and help me see past my mistakes. I'm very grateful to you for that and I will never forget it.

I hope you are able to return to us soon. Take care out there Shallow. <3

Offline forks

• tiny silverware enthusiast
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • icon by reudiart
    • soupforks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 08:34:55 pm »
Oh Shally, what to say...

We never knew each other personally, and that is something that I truly regret. I remember you from when I first joined in 2014, and you have always been a huge inspiration. I know that you are a sweet, loving, and helpful person.

I'm sorry to hear that about your father. I've never dealt with anything like that personally, but I can imagine how hard that it must be. I truly hope he will get better soon, and wish both you and your father the best with your lives <3

Goodbye, Shally!

signature by g0thic_vibes1

Offline Avani

• Slytherin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 241
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 08:36:49 pm »
Shallow, thank you for everything. You are truly a wonderful person who
has provided so much positivity and help in this community. We are forever grateful.
I am deeply sorry to hear about your recent years, I cannot imagine what it was
like to go through it all. You have been very strong, just like your father. It is incredible
to hear he is still alive, I wish him all the best and may he win the battle against cancer.
He is a fantastic man and I am proud of him for still fighting. No wonder you have been
less involved online, you have every right to spend time with him. Stay safe and take care,
it has been an honor to have you here with us. Thank you once again for being you and
for everything you have done, I am proud of youuu. <3

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 08:38:59 pm »

Oh my god...not another dear fluffy..
I will miss you so very much, and my heart is broken seeing you leaving the staff, and leaving the community.
I have loved seeing you around for so long, and really enjoyed hanging out with you form time to time. I will miss our fun cuddles, and once in a while talks we used to share.
..for now though I wish you all the luck my dear.

You will be dearly missed, and I know I will miss one of my cuddle fluffs.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 09:11:23 pm »
This comes as a surprise to me.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 09:27:00 pm »
Awh Shally, I was just getting to know you a bit more. >w<
It's been lovely to talk to you recently and make you cheerful with my comments on your artwork and watch you create it and deliver it to the world; you're a truly wonderful person and you're always going to be another of my many non-biological mothers of FeralHeart. ;P Honestly, it's been wonderful to spend even a little bit of time with you and meet you, knowing a bit more about you as a person and not just as a 'Fellow Staffer'. You've been and always will be a truly amazing addition to the FeralHeart community, and I hope someday the horrible events that have taken place soon come to an end with a happy ending, I believe in your father to continue fighting and send lots of love and praise for his bravery and motivation to fight against the aggressive cancer.

I'll be sure to message you through Skype or Discord to see how you're doing, and what you've been up to! It would be really nice to talk to you again. c:

Farewell from FeralHeart,
Shally! <'3

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 10:19:20 pm »
Shally, thank you from all of your FeralHeart friends and the entire community <3

I never got to know you, but you seem to be a really good-hearted, lovable floofer. With all of your work here in the past, you've brought so much joy and goodwill to the community. I'm terribly sorry to hear of what's been going on in your life with your injury and your dad's diagnosis. Your journey has certainly had a few bumps in the road and it seems that you've been strong so far, which is a great thing. Continue to fight and give it your all and know that even in all this darkness, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Your father will be in my thoughts and I wish the best for him and your family. I have a lot of respect for nurses as well. All I can say is thank you for dedicating your life to being a nurse and being there for people in need. And once again, thank you for your time here as a staff member. You have a big heart. Thank you for sharing it with everyone! <3

Best of wishes to you Shally!
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.