Author Topic: Just an idea?  (Read 3595 times)

Rhakorra

Just an idea?
« on: September 01, 2019, 09:45:54 am »
So, it's just an idea:

What if the staff makes a [public] list showing who wants to be nominated and who doesn't want to be nominated for MOTS?

Online Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
Re: Just an idea?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 10:12:58 am »
1. What would be that list’s purpose? What does it provide for the community? I don’t really understand, is all.

2. Wouldn’t it be pretty energy-draining to make a long list of all these users and update it with new usernames every little period of time?

Thanks for the input though, I like to view ideas and give feedback.

Edit: also what xSpirit stated!
doing what i feel like

Rhakorra

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 10:25:34 am »
1. What would be that list’s purpose? What does it provide for the community? I don’t really understand, is all.

2. Wouldn’t it be pretty energy-draining to make a long list of all these users and update it with new usernames every little period of time?

Thanks for the input though, I like to view ideas and give feedback.

Edit: also what xSpirit stated!

The main purpose to keep it organized. Again, it was just a random idea I came up with and just thought it should be mentioned. Then again, when you ask a question like that, it does make me wonder since I really dont know what it can provide for the community.

2. I don't think so, but again it just my opinion.

Rhakorra

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 10:26:10 am »
It's fully the community's duty to nominate MOTS, based on who they think would fit best for the position.

If someone gets selected who doesn't want to became a MOT, they can decline it. In that case, the next most voted one after them will become the selected instead.

True, easily declining is also another option done.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 04:07:03 pm »
Yeah as others have said. It’s really up to the qualified potential MOTS user or users to post on the MOTS thread themselves if they decide to decline the opportunity, especially since it’s their own decision ^^ As of now none of the recent qualified users have declined.

Lucius

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 06:48:55 pm »
While a list does sound like it could be useful, one of the issues I see with it is that it would have to be updated for every single MOTS event. The reason for this is that while someone might not want to say, participate in the Spring MOTS because of other commitments, they might want to be eligible for the Summer MOTS.

That said, this idea does have some merit, especially if there was the possibility of a self-editing list from which people can add and remove their own usernames. Might be worth exploring that idea further.

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2019, 01:54:40 am »
I agree with the others on this topic, I think it's fine as it is, as users do have the choice to decline, but interesting idea nonetheless.