Author Topic: Preset help?  (Read 1227 times)

Offline LycanSIXX

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Preset help?
« on: June 19, 2017, 11:36:54 pm »
Wasn't exactly sure where to post this, so, mods if this isn't in the correct board, I understand if you move this.

Anywho, I am making a preset, and I was wondering if anyone understood how the coloration of leg tufts was selected from the presets coloration. The legs are Black and grey, and I want the leg tufts to be grey. Though they are taking on the black coloration. The grey coloring is at the back of the leg where the tufts would be, but the leg tufts are black. I can post a screenshot if that's needed. I greatly appreciate the help c:

Click Me!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 11:44:51 pm by LycanSIXX »

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Preset help?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 11:46:12 pm »
Hiya! You did post this in the right spot, no worries ^^

The leg tufts are a continuation of part of the leg UV (as you might have noticed with the gray). It isn't easy to color the tufts a certain color without coloring a portion of your character's legs the same color as well.

Using the UV helper provided here http://nekonotaishou.deviantart.com/art/FeralHeart-Preset-UV-guides-258716223, you can see what portions of the UV continue onto all of the different tufts of the character.

It probably will be beneficial for you to download those and experiment with coloring on a separate layer to see if you can get the results you're looking for ^^
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline LycanSIXX

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 01:24:38 am »
Thank you so much; from the look of that UV it might not be possible for me to achieve the look I'm going for, but I'll play around with it some c:

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 01:27:37 am »
No problem! Glad I could help. I will go ahead and lock this thread since you seem happy with the information provided. c:
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.