Author Topic: Quick Question about maps  (Read 717 times)

Offline LycanSIXX

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Quick Question about maps
« on: November 27, 2017, 06:05:58 pm »
So I've spent weeks, more like a month or so creating a map for another user, I'm in my final testing, and the map runs fine in any other circumstance, except for when you load into the actual game and enter the map form the cape. Upon initial entrance the game crashes. That's nothing new, that usually happens to me with very full, intensive maps; my issue is upon a reloading of the game and loading into the map once again the game will crash if you move the camera in the direction of the SINGULAR, albeit large, waterfall. I was wondering if there was a reason for this since the same isn't true in map maker. I can swing the camera around all I like and the game merely stutters for about half a second when passing by the waterfall. This is very concerning for me as my computer is decently new and can run games such as Skyrim with little issue. I know not everyone's computer is this strong and it worries me I may not be able to hand off this map to the user who has been patiently waiting for me to finish it all this time. Does anyone have a solution that doesn't include removing the waterfall? The area where it is is a cliff-face made specifically for waterfall placement so it would look silly otherwise.

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Question about maps
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 08:14:30 pm »
Have you checked if you have any double particles?
Go to C:/FeralHeart/media/particles and search for any .particle file ending with _0, _1, _2, _3, etc.
Make sure to delete those.

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline LycanSIXX

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 10:27:11 pm »
I don't have any extra particles. Only time those show up is when I export maps with particles for some odd reason. I've just edited the waterfall, and turned it into multiple small ones. I guess my game really doesn't like big waterfalls. So, I suppose this topic can be locked as I've solved the issue.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 10:46:29 pm »
I'll go ahead and lock this as the issue was solved.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.