Author Topic: Map maker Crashing during exporting.  (Read 1150 times)

Offline LycanSIXX

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Map maker Crashing during exporting.
« on: November 30, 2017, 06:40:06 am »
So.. I ALREADY KNOW what's causing the issue, I'm looking for a solution so that I can get the map exported correctly.

I completed the map for another group, and some objects didn't get exported form the map due to the map crashing during exporting. I believe it's from duplicate particles spawning while the map is exporting. I've tried sitting in the particles folder so that I can delete them as soon as they pop up in hopes that they won't crash the game, but it still happens, and I'm sorta out of ideas.

Can anyone offer some advice?

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
Re: Map maker Crashing during exporting.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 06:53:54 am »
I've had a map crash during exporting once, and not all of the files could export before the game crashed. My map exported completely the second time, how many times did you try to export the map?

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline LycanSIXX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 06:59:22 am »
I've tried at least 5 times at this point, and twice deleting the duplicate files when they appeared

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 07:30:56 am »
I actually found that when I crash while exporting a map, the map does get fully exported. I had this problem with my last map, but I tested this theory by completely clearing my exports and then exporting the map, grabbing all the files, putting them in a zip and having a friend test it, and it worked just fine.

Have you tried testing it even with the crashing?

in-game: hooli

Offline LycanSIXX

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 07:35:32 am »
That's actually the issue, since I made this map for someone else I assumed that all the necessary files got exported despite the crash, but 24 hours later I received a message from the user I had given the map to saying that some items weren't showing up and so I assume that the files with the items didn't export due to the crash. The custom weather and sky files are also missing, so that sorta affirms the fact that all the files didn't export.

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 08:00:11 am »
Do you know what objects didn't go through? It might be the objects themselves that are causing the issues.

Offline LycanSIXX

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 08:18:53 am »
Various meshes. WOW horses, some chickens, blanket meshes, some house object things. Each of these are in various different groups that have otherwise worked in other maps before.

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 08:47:48 am »
Hmm..

Have you tried re-installing?

If not, rename your current FH folder to something different like.. "FeralHeart_" or somethin', and attempt to re-install. o: Copy all the files from the original folder related to the map and put them in the new folder and attempt to export?

If this doesn't work, it might just be the map itself. If it's super big and/or filled with a bunch of meshes that would otherwise cause the game to lag, it might just be that FH can't handle exporting the map and therefore crashes.

Or, if you'd want to try, try removing all particles from the map and exporting, I know that they can be really tricky sometimes.

Just trying to throw out some ideas!