Author Topic: Bad adverts on login page that your supposed to keep open when playing  (Read 3338 times)

Offline realflow100

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
It doesnt matter what pc i try it on. it will always open a scary advert that pops up in another window usually UNDERNEATH the browser window of the log in page when you click anywhere on the page the first time you go to log in to the page!

Try it yourself on any computer you dont normally log onto the page with.

PLEASE get rid of the pop up advert! its extremely frustrating and could give many people a virus. No one wants to try some weight lost miracles or anything!!

It doesnt matter if you have an adblocker installed or not trust me ive tried!

if it doesnt pop up in your testing try clearing your whole entire browser history from the beginning of time and clearing all cookies and caches
or try on a different computer youve never logged onto it with
it IS a problem and needs to be addressed before it causes severe infections or malware on someone's computer

ive even tried it on my phone and it opens a new tab and it still happens.

Please someone look into this!

Offline LexiChan

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Left.
    • View Profile
Re: Bad adverts on login page that your supposed to keep open when playing
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 08:13:10 pm »
The same thing happens to me, I've tried everything,
but nothing. Every time I press 'Play Game' and then press on Username:
Some strange website opens, and then my antivirus says that site has a virus and antivirus always scares me + I have headphones! And volume is always on 100... R.I.P. my ears
If you have Avast antivirus you know (maybe) how it can scare you...
I watch horrors and I'm NOT scared of if, but when my antivirus pops up.... It gives me heartattack! 

Valar.Morghulis

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 08:15:51 pm »
These adverts are what keeps the Feral Heart page up.
Also, as Accailia said in one of the previous posts, there is no virus associated with the pop-ups.
Just remove them when they show up.
And when you log in to the game (on the website) the pop-up shows only once, so It's not that big of a deal honestly.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 08:20:30 pm »
I get this problem from time to time

There hasn't been anything done about it and I wouldn't waste your hope on it ever being fixed. If you're concerned about the health of your computer I would suggest running your anti-virus/malware program every time you log on FH.

These adverts are what keeps the Feral Heart page up.
Also, as Accailia said in one of the previous posts, there is no virus associated with the pop-ups.
Just remove them when they show up.
And when you log in to the game (on the website) the pop-up shows only once, so It's not that big of a deal honestly.
pretty sure my antivirus deliberately blocks malicious connections and should be considered a warning. sweeping it under the rug doesn't help anything and puts players in danger.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 08:22:16 pm by WolfQueen »

Offline realflow100

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 11:57:06 pm »
My anti-malware bytes detects and blocks at least several ips when that page pops up saying "Detected and successfully blocked malicious IP behavior on x.x.x.x ip" as well as immediately detecting and deleting several other things immediately after that page pops up.

Offline Melon

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • God in their worst form.
    • jennfelde
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 12:56:12 am »
There's an way to not trigger the advertisements at all which is by:

Using TAB to make your way to the username and password box and then enter. It helps alot, as it doesn't trigger the advertisements.

If they pop up, just close them real fast.
Attempting to get more active. Enjoy the day!

Cheers!

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 07:52:30 pm »
Can the forced virus downloads please die in a hole?  Why can't we have safe banner ads instead?
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Lucius

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 08:33:11 pm »
Can the forced virus downloads please die in a hole?  Why can't we have safe banner ads instead?

If you're having issues with the login page, the best thing I can recommend is to TAB through the page, do not click on anything with the mouse.

After opening the page, hit the TAB button once on your keyboard, that should allow you to type in your username. When you're done, hit TAB a second time, that should let you input your password. When you're done with that, hit TAB again, and then press ENTER.

It will reload the page, and you'll have to do everything again, but the second time you hit ENTER, it should let you log into the server.

A good and easy solution is to save your password and username for the page with chrome / firefox. Then, all you have to do is hit TAB three times before pressing ENTER (twice, since it will reload the page without letting you in after the first time) and you should be logged in.

Offline ShadowFang1355

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • I made my profile picture.
    • Wolf24019
    • ShadowFang1355
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 08:50:25 pm »
I wish something would be done about this.

I've gotten a virus from the login page before, thankfully I was able to get rid of it with my anti-malware.
Some other time I got a not-so-appropriate ad. (Yup.)

Use tab to type in your username and password. Don't click anywhere on the log in page.
Oh, cool, I exist.

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2018, 09:00:36 pm »
I have never gotten a pop-up. Just use Adblocker Plus and Ublock together on any browser you have (I use Vivaldi and Icecat) and youll get nothing as it automatically closes.