Author Topic: Bad adverts on login page that your supposed to keep open when playing  (Read 3355 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
Re: Bad adverts on login page that your supposed to keep open when playing
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2018, 09:21:09 pm »
I scroll through fields with Tab, but the log in page pops up an advert when I press Enter, both Firefox and Chrome, adblock is installed on both browsers.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 11:52:39 am by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2018, 08:01:08 pm »
Can the forced virus downloads please die in a hole?  Why can't we have safe banner ads instead?

If you're having issues with the login page, the best thing I can recommend is to TAB through the page, do not click on anything with the mouse.

After opening the page, hit the TAB button once on your keyboard, that should allow you to type in your username. When you're done, hit TAB a second time, that should let you input your password. When you're done with that, hit TAB again, and then press ENTER.

It will reload the page, and you'll have to do everything again, but the second time you hit ENTER, it should let you log into the server.

A good and easy solution is to save your password and username for the page with chrome / firefox. Then, all you have to do is hit TAB three times before pressing ENTER (twice, since it will reload the page without letting you in after the first time) and you should be logged in.
I do use TAB key but the amount of virus warnings is getting a bit much.  And probably puts off some people entirely.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2018, 06:37:09 am »
at this point use a pop-up adblocked and call it a day

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

wolfdog01

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2018, 07:47:41 am »
I get pop ups in new tabs but I exit out of them before they can even load and I just keep the login page up. Bothers me a little but not enough for me to get adblock or anything.

Flurr

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2018, 10:31:12 am »
Yep, it happens to me too! I remember I was logging in, and it taked me to this really innaporopiate website and it gave me some viruses. I uninstalled them all, but I now use McAfee safe security, if that's what it is called. I'm not sure if the Mcafee is safe, but that's just what I use.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2018, 08:19:49 pm »
Does anyone else find they can't add to the blocked sites hosts file even as an admin?
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

WolfWorms

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2018, 08:50:33 pm »
I've had a few varied experiences with the ads on the Play Game page. Some of the ads can be super intrusive and inappropriate. At this point is super difficult to tell what varies from user to user and what's concrete.

I highly recommend getting an ad blocker, not only to disable the pop-ups on the Play Game page, but to reduce the likelyhood of getting viruses from ads and pop-ups on other sites as well (DeviantART is bad for this, if you weren't aware. I never turn off my Adblock for dA). It's true that ads help fund sites to keep them running, but many of the ad blockers feature an option to enable ads on specific sites if you want to continue supporting them that way.

I personally use Adblocker Ultimate for Google Chrome. Though it does work, it still takes several clicks to log in on my end.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2018, 01:02:47 am »
I've used Adblock Plus for Firefox for the longest time and it helps a lot. Whenever I log in, when I first click on one of the boxes to fill out my username or password, one ad pops up and I simply just close it as soon as possible. Then I have no more issues til it resets~

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort