Author Topic: .:~Warroiranimals' Guide To FeralHeart~:. Open!  (Read 4727 times)

Offline warroiranimals

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • This sentence is a lie.
    • View Profile
.:~Warroiranimals' Guide To FeralHeart~:. Open!
« on: January 30, 2014, 07:23:43 pm »
Hello there, and welcome to my tutorial! Remember, I'm no genius myself, but I'll help any way I can!

Pages:

Map Installation and Downloading

Preset Installation

Character Realism

Facial Help

How To Get Characters Unstuck

Characters (Realism):

Realistic characters are characters that are realistic to nature. I will give you some tips here.

Cats

Cats are usually used on FeralHeart for Warrior Cats, a book series. However, many cats on the game are unrealistic when they shouldn't be.

White Cats: White cats are only seen with blue eyes - it is very rare to see any other color. Remember, many white cats are DEAF. There are a few who are not, but try to remember that.

Orange Cats: There is never a purely orange cat who doesn't have stripes - even if they're hard to see, they'll have stripes.

Tortoiseshells: Always female cats. These cats are usually orange, white and black, sometimes a russet brown. They also have patches.

Calicos: Always male cats - these guys do not have patches, but instead a mixture of the colors together.

I'd advise you make small ears, wide eyes and small muzzles (and chins). Also, wild cats are skinny, so don't make them fat, even if they are 'large' or 'strong'.

Muzzles: Small

Foreheads: Either way?

Eyes: Kind of large

Tail: CAT TAILS. Realistic cats do NOT have lion tail-tips!

Mane Tufts: I understand if your cat is fluffy/thick-furred, but try not to go for full manes.

Size: Keep them small! These are not lions. There will never be a cat (even Maine Coons!) who are at a humans' shoulders. No...just no.

Wolves

Wolves do not have celtic markings - not realistic ones. They are a mixture of colors. If a gray wolf, I'd advise having Husky/Some Other Dog Markings and making them a SLIGHTLY darker gray. This goes for white, black, etc. too.

WOLVES ARE NOT PITCH BLACK! Try '15' '15' '15' in the colors to get a realistic black wolf.

Muzzle: Medium

Cheeks: Medium

Eyes: Small(ish)

Tail: Thick fur, thick tail. No cat tails!

Weight: Depends. If your wolf is smaller, make it skinny. If a male/larger wolf, keep it medium.

Hyena

Hyenas...the most misused unrealistic characters on this game. For starters, not even the TLK hyenas are gray. If you pay attention, they're a dusty brown. The light sometimes causes the colors to look gray, but they are NOT gray.

Sickle tails is an interesting idea, but remember that hyenas only curl their tails when happy.

Also, it's cub, not pup. The females are in charge, too.

Muzzle: Medium

Eyes: Large(ish)

Tail: Not sickle - try a thin tail

Colors: Dusty brown with black spots - eyes are usually a honey-like color, not green or blue or red for example.

Weight: Medium - remember, males are slightly smaller than females.

Lions

Lions are not like The Lion King. As good as the movie is, no lion has a red mane. In fact, darker manes attract lionesses more than light ones. There is Queen, either. There can be even five males in the pride working together to protect it. When a different lion from the previous one(s) takes over, cubs are killed unless the lionesses fight hard enough. Almost all the cubs in the pride are the males', though some may have a lone/rogue lion as their father.

Cubs have spots until they're teen-aged, even if they're hard to see!

Muzzle: Medium to small

Eyes: Small/Large

Colors: Pale tan or brown. Manes should be slightly darker than pelt color, unless you're an old lion. Eyes are a light brown!

Weight: Medium for males, skinny for females and cubs.

Remember, male young adults leave the pride to start their own!

More animals to be added.

Getting Your Characters Unstuck

Aw, so your character got stuck in a map? No problem!

Log into your account on the website and in the yellow box, click 'User Panel'. This will take you to your characters. Find your stuck character and click 'Go Home'. This'll take that character to wherever you set it's home at and boom! You're done!

« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 07:56:15 pm by Warroiranimals »

Back up account: ~Jay~

"I may not be smart enough to do everything, but I'm dumb enough to try anything!"

Offline warroiranimals

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: .:~Warroiranimals' Guide To FeralHeart~:. *Under Construction*
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 07:24:10 pm »
Map Downloading (Note I can't make maps well D8)

Downloading a ZIP

1. Click the 'Download' button.

2. Click 'Save'.

3. Select wherever you want the file to be at once done downloading, then you're done.

Installing ZIP

1. Select the file and enter it.

2. If there's a 'Read Me', click on that and read it.

3. If the Read Me says nothing is needed to be done otherwise, copy and paste all files into
C>FeralHeart>Exports

4. Restart and go to Cape of Distant Worlds.

Rar Downloading

Rars are downloaded the same as Zips, but here are some things you might need:

http://www.fileparade.com/listing/122596/WinRAR?did=10844&pid=1&ppd=search,33862657100,winrar,e,,c,0,,,&gclid=CMiqvt_SprwCFZTm7AodCk4A8w

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Both work fine, but I suggest 7-Zip.

Installing Rar

1. Use your program to enter the file.

2. Extract (or copy) all files into the same place as Zips - unless there's a Read Me.

3. Restart and go to Cape.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 07:38:24 pm by Warroiranimals »

"I may not be smart enough to do everything, but I'm dumb enough to try anything!"

Offline warroiranimals

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: .:~Warroiranimals' Guide To FeralHeart~:. *Under Construction*
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 07:24:24 pm »
Preset Installing

Presets work the same way as Maps as in downloading, except you don't put things in Exports. Here's the instructions:

1. Copy/Extract the files.

2. Go to C>FeralHeart>MyPresets and the number of your preset (for example, 7).

3. Paste and Replace. Delete the old files.

4. Restart.

5. Go to Tools>Preset Maker on the home page. DON'T SIGN IN.

6. Select the number (for example, 7) at the page 'V'.

7. Click Export.

8. You're done!

Entering Additional Face Emotes

As some of you know, Dr. Flob as made a bunch of awesome facial expressions to add! Here's what to do:

1. Copy the code

2. Go to C>Feralheart and search for 'Emotes.cfg'

3. Open with Notepad and paste the code at the bottom

4. Restart!

Thank you for reading my tutorials! If you have questions/suggestions for other tutorials, feel free to ask/post!

« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 07:45:08 pm by Warroiranimals »

Offline Monochromy

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Boo!
    • View Profile
Re: .:~Warroiranimals' Guide To FeralHeart~:. Open!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 01:07:05 pm »
Hey there, if I can suggest something for your guide:

Horses

- bigger than wolves [max height]
- foals not minimum height
- eyes can't be blue, only icy blue
- eyes can't be red
- no albinos, only white
- wild horses shouldn't approach humans
- herd actually led by lead mare
- lead stallion only defends herd

That's all! C: