Off topic > Discussion Board

Web Development - HTML

<< < (2/2)

LadySigyn:
These are helpful to anyone brand new to html! I actually learnt all of this from my time on the internet over the years. Ahh the good days of messing with old DA custom boxes, websites and Tumblr lol.

DylanCheetah:

--- Quote from: LadySigyn on October 28, 2023, 04:16:43 am ---These are helpful to anyone brand new to html! I actually learnt all of this from my time on the internet over the years. Ahh the good days of messing with old DA custom boxes, websites and Tumblr lol.

--- End quote ---

Hopefully, a lot of people will find this info helpful. I have more than just HTML to share too.

DylanCheetah:
For today's lesson, I will teach you how to create tables. Tables can be used to display tabular data or be used to control the layout of a webpage. Let's start by copying the page from the first lesson and pasting this HTML into the body of the webpage:

--- Code: ---<table>
    <tr>
        <th>Heading 1</th>
        <th>Heading 2</th>
        <th>Heading 3</th>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td>Row 1 Col 1</td>
        <td>Row 1 Col 2</td>
        <td>Row 1 Col 3</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td>Row 2 Col 1</td>
        <td>Row 2 Col 2</td>
        <td>Row 2 Col 3</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td>Row 3 Col 1</td>
        <td>Row 3 Col 2</td>
        <td>Row 3 Col 3</td>
    </tr>
</table>

--- End code ---

The "table" tag is used to create a table, the "tr" tag is used to create a row, the "td" tag is used to create a cell within a row, and the "th" tag is used to create a heading within a row.

DylanCheetah:
Today I will teach you about lists. Let's start by making a copy of the page from lesson 1 and pasting the following HTML into the body of the webpage:

--- Code: ---<h4>Ordered List</h4>
<ol>
    <li>First Item</li>
    <li>Second Item</li>
    <li>Third Item</li>
</ol>
<br>
<h4>Unordered List</h4>
<ul>
    <li>First Item</li>
    <li>Second Item</li>
    <li>Third Item</li>
</ul>

--- End code ---

The "ol" tag creates an ordered list. Ordered lists have numbered items. Each item is created with the "li" tag. Likewise, unordered lists are created with the "ul" tag and each item has just a bullet point next to it. Also, the "br" tag can be used to leave a blank line between other elements.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version