Author Topic: Don't Know If This Goes Here...  (Read 1948 times)

SpicyDirt

Don't Know If This Goes Here...
« on: October 02, 2019, 12:06:18 am »
Please delete this/move this if I am in the wrong category, but I have a question regarding the staff.

How exactly do the staff get picked?

I was talking about how staff members are picked with a friend and we found that there was not much of an answer besides they do not have to fill out an application or anything. I am very curious about this!

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Don't Know If This Goes Here...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 12:35:24 am »
There's a little bit about this here:

https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=21992.0
Farewell everyone<3

SpicyDirt

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 12:46:40 am »
Thank you!

Rhakorra

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 03:56:08 am »
In my opinion, I think staff are chosen by your commitment to the game and how much you participate in the community. Either way, if the staff believe you're a good fit, I'm sure you will get the job!

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 04:42:13 am »
The stuff stated above by Kiki & Rhakorra are a good start.

Usually we always have our eyes peeled for potential new staff. There are certain basic bits of qualities we value and look for in folks. I'll list some here but keep in mind that this doesn't mean a person has to have all these qualities nor is it limited to just these, but hopefully they at least have most of these qualities:

Friendly
Open minded/Unbiased
Passionate about the game
Engaged with the community
Humble
Fun loving and cheery attitude
Mostly social not overly shy (cause its best to be in a position where you'll need to deal directly with the community often)
Mature and level headed
Respectful (not pushy and understands boundaries)
Likes to get involved in discussions and leaves constructive and detailed feedback
Decently active in game/forum
Shows a genuine care for others (especially going out of their way to help others without expecting a award or praise)
Honest
Patient
Has a good team spirit (would work well with a team dynamic and isn't bull headed)
Highly preferred clean record

And if they have some extra skills to offer that is just an added bonus but not a requirement <3

We actually have a little survey here where users can anonymously leave us suggestions for potential MITs (Mods In Training) btw. Feel free to leave suggestions there if you like!:

https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=62206.0