Author Topic: My drawings  (Read 5578 times)

Offline Michen_S

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • michensneeuwhart
    • View Profile
My drawings
« on: March 22, 2017, 12:34:36 pm »
Here's my art thread. I'm not very fast when it comes to drawings (like, I post one drawing every two to three months :-\), but I'll show it here for you to enjoy. I'm not a very good artist and I'm trying to improve on it, so constructive feedback is welcome. I'll just list it in two spoilers, the first being of my 3DS drawings that I made before buying good drawing pencils and then my paper artwork I made after buying good drawing pencils.

3DS artwork

Here's one of my first drawings I made since I started drawing as a hobby. It doesn't look too shabby for a beginner. Yeah, that's all I got. It pictures Michen, my snow leopard fursona. I'll redraw it later, after completing one or two other works.

This was a request from Firox on an other forum. I tried my best, but there are still a lot of things off. Currently I'm not accepting requests, I should learn to take less than one month to finish a drawing first.
Paper drawings

This is a mandrake, pretty much Etrian Odyssey's iconic enemy. It's effect depends on the game. I didn't take too much time to make this, unlike the rest I depicted here. I took a picture of it instead of scanning it in, so it looks pretty bad.

This is a character based on the Forest Folk in Etrian Odyssey, though I might've made a few changes here and there...? Anyways, this is one of my first attempts at drawing human-like creatures. The arms and legs were a pain to do, so I decided to leave the feet as is. I wouldn't be able to draw this without the art book my parents gave me last sinterklaas. Without it, the drawing would probably take even longer and still look a lot worse.

Hopefully I'll get to making something more regularly. If not I'll have long gaps between drawings. Either way I'll continue to work on stuff. All my artwork will also be uploaded on my DeviantArt, so you can always check everything I've done so far there.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 09:05:31 pm by Michen_S »

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: My drawings
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 12:47:39 pm »
Really love your Flareon drawing. It's adorable. ^^

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 01:02:46 pm »
Agreed, I love the Flareon! I remember hearing about something called a mandrake from a friend, but I never knew what they looked like until now! Neat to see how you brought them to life. Keep up the good work!
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 02:45:50 pm »
I love your art!

The way you did the fur on the Flareon is great as well.
Keep up the good work!<3
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Michen_S

• Dedicated Supporter
    • michensneeuwhart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 07:41:30 pm »
Thanks for the comments, I'll try to spend more time on art soon. And don't worry to point on things that look less good as well, I can handle some constrictive critisism.

I remember hearing about something called a mandrake from a friend, but I never knew what they looked like until now!
Remember though, thats a mandrake enemy from the Etrian Odyssey series. It's based off of a real plant, which looks almost disturbingly like a small person if you pull it out of the ground with the roots intact. The Etrian Odyssey version looks a lot more cartoony.

Offline Michen_S

• Dedicated Supporter
    • michensneeuwhart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 03:57:35 pm »

For this I tried to play around with shades a bit, it's not very well done nor very visible on the scan, so I'll check how to solve that.

This drawing is recognisable as Jesus on the cross for some, except it seems... off. Lightly said. There are some Christians who don't like what I did here. I chose to do it this way with a reason, that being that this simply appeals more to me. I also did this because I knew not everyone liked it (I actually wanted to make it even worse, but a friend advised me not to). Some Christian groups sometimes critisize other Chhristian groups with disastrous results, sometimes with the best intentions. My personal faith seem to clash with what other Christians believe at times. Here in the Netherlands Christians in general are getting more critique from non-Christians. So yeah, there you go.

Constructive critisism is welcome.

Gigi

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 04:06:42 pm »
Stunning artwork,

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 09:38:06 pm »
Beautiful artwork!
I love the smoothness of the lines.

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline Cookie202

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • its ya gorl
    • Cookie202
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 11:52:35 pm »
The Flareon is my favorite! Nice job!
Signature by Regularities || Icon by CaptainFlare

Offline Michen_S

• Dedicated Supporter
    • michensneeuwhart
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 07:40:23 pm »

I wanted to make something else, but that appeared to be too difficult to actually complete for me. So I decided to make this instead. I drew a white tiger cub, and I really like the result. Arms and legs still are a problem, so let me know which 'foot' looks better. Also the drawing pencils we have in house are of pretty bad quality.

As always, constructive criticism is more than welcome.