Author Topic: And The Crashing Forest.  (Read 2415 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
And The Crashing Forest.
« on: March 30, 2018, 10:08:35 pm »
The wind rushed past the long grass, rustling Icra's fur as it blew. Larger paws pinned the grass beside the red wolf. A green feline named Georand, who was much larger than Icra, was also on the journey.

Suddenly, Icra sat and put his paw to his forehead, it looked almost like a facepalm. Georand wondered what he was doing, but she continued on her way, leaving Icra behind, thinking he could catch up to her.

The red wolf had a vision, many canines racing each-other, each with a sleek body sporting gray coats that differed from animal to animal. Before everything around him seemed to turn into a racetrack, he was helpless to stop the moss-colored cat from moving away.

He suddenly saw terror before his eyes, though the expression on his face told nothing of his fear as the illusionary canines crashed, one by one, onto the dusty track. He felt helpless, but still waved his paw wildly, realizing that he couldn't see himself at all as the racing canines were dropping to the ground as if they suddenly lost their whole skeleton.

He was begging to wake up, when suddenly he saw the forest in front of him again. No sign of what he saw in the vision ever happening. Georand was seemingly nowhere to be seen again. "The one who I was following... Did they forget I was supposed to follow them?" He thought to himself before letting out loud barks, with hope that he wasn't lost in the woods. No answer came.

Not one to give up, he trod straight through the forest, hoping to make it to his destination soon. He was scanning the area when his nose picked up a terrible scent, then the trees picked him up and carried him so fast that he felt like he was soaring thorough the air, "Wheee!" he yelled out so loud that birds flew away, until he suddenly caught sight of Georand, but things didn't look right at all.

He didn't need to say a word to the tree before it set him down next to the oddly-motionless body of his guide, he observed it closer while the tree straightened its trunk. He saw no wounds, but her arm was unnaturally bent and her spine couldn't have flexed that far without breaking. Frowning in confusion at the body until it was hidden behind a tree, he went onward, still not losing all hope of getting out of the forest.

Icra reached a lake, he suddenly began to draw a map in the dirt. He nodded, looking at the map, then continued on the path that he put on the map, north-west of the lake. He made it out of the forest, not a scratch on him, and a tree placed the cat's body next to him. He gave the body a confused glance before approaching the pack he saw in the distance, where he was met with wolves greeting him, all with blue pelts and green markings.

The Medics in the pack discovered that Georand had suffered a broken arm and didn't make it, a wolf walked up to Icra and asked him how he found his way out of the forest when his guide wasn't there during half of the walk. The red wolf answered "I didn't give up when a broken arm took away what you thought was the only thing that would help me get out of the forest.". Then a different blue wolf approached, holding a sheet of paper, she stood tall and said "I found this paper buried beneath a pile of books on the ground, it was a list of future visitors, the list reads that you are one of the incarnations of tenacity." and another wolf looked at the paper and spoke to the red canine "We're sorry we doubted you."
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 10:13:14 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.