Author Topic: [Community] Player Feedback  (Read 12010 times)

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Re: [Community] Player Feedback
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2021, 02:52:58 pm »
In terms of 'staff applications' - I think that yes, there may be bias, but is there not bias when the Team typically choose the next MiT in the first place?
Not saying you have to be a Staffers best friend to earn your place, but you do have to have some sort of link with the Team and show you can get along with either & all of them, whilst also proving to be very helpful to the community and being approachable, considerate, everyone's friend, per say. You have to highlight yourself & stand out for them to consider you and one/two must actually like you for other Staff to then catch on and enjoy working with you also.
How it works isn't bad, not at all, it shows you know who you're appointing. But, I wouldn't necessarily worry about bias & the application system being abused when quite frankly the most helpful players and the most well known will have a lot of people routing for them in the first place.

Additionally, spam by trolls can be prevented by allowing only one submission per user (might require IP tracking, etc) per month/every few months, etc. so that there is space between the first, second & however many applications from the same person. Then if it's clear that the person only intends to troll or use the application form to be hurtful, they can be blocked from document/application form access as well as removed from the FH game/forums if the toxicity on display gets personal.

I also think that if there is an application form put out, the MiT position needs to be considered having a small trial period.
- Do they actually want the job? Are they just in it for the fame? Power? Can they handle the stress? Potential workload? etc.
Being in training is essentially a trial period within itself, but a trial period should come before and after the training if that makes sense.
i.e the trial period before the training will consist of making sure they're genuine to the job.
The trial period after the training is to see if they can tackle the weight on their shoulders, what they do in situations, the list goes on.

For community input into who should be Staff, I think there could be potential polls and/or nominations. Buuuut, there are obvious issues with that.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2021, 04:57:47 pm »
Additionally, spam by trolls can be prevented by allowing only one submission per user (might require IP tracking, etc) per month/every few months, etc. so that there is space between the first, second & however many applications from the same person. Then if it's clear that the person only intends to troll or use the application form to be hurtful, they can be blocked from document/application form access as well as removed from the FH game/forums if the toxicity on display gets personal.

I also think that if there is an application form put out, the MiT position needs to be considered having a small trial period.
- Do they actually want the job? Are they just in it for the fame? Power? Can they handle the stress? Potential workload? etc.
Being in training is essentially a trial period within itself, but a trial period should come before and after the training if that makes sense.
i.e the trial period before the training will consist of making sure they're genuine to the job.
The trial period after the training is to see if they can tackle the weight on their shoulders, what they do in situations, the list goes on.

For community input into who should be Staff, I think there could be potential polls and/or nominations. Buuuut, there are obvious issues with that.

I agree with this whole post but I really wanted to highlight this part because it’s a great way to prevent trolling and I absolutely agree that there should be a period for new staff members before they are even MITs where they are still in consideration for the position and once they seem to be a good fit and have a good personality, then they can move onwards to being MITs! Thank you for these ideas!

As for the community input I wholeheartedly believe it should be the staff and only the staff that get to make the decision on who becomes the next members of staff. I think it could be a good idea to have a poll or form such as the one Ame posted where recommendations are given, but the recommendations while they can be taken into account would not have to be the only people that are considered for staff positions. It would have to be made obvious that while yes, staff will consider these ideas, there might be someone outside of the recommendations that does become staff, because staff should be chosen by staff. They know their jobs and who is going to best fit into their group/be beneficial to the team.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 04:59:27 pm by toonanimals317 »

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2021, 10:46:58 pm »
Bump!

- Can you provide us with any updates on the problem with the "FeralHeart.exe" download link on the "Download" page?

- Can you also provide us with any information regarding the Login Page issue?
- The Home page is in need of an overhaul. There's no information on how to use the Login Page and it may be really confusing to new players.

Example
Welcome to the Official FeralHeart Site!

FeralHeart is an online animal based roleplaying game where you choose what kind of feral you'll be.
Create your character and explore worlds with it in this 3D-chat game and maybe even make friends on the way!
The game is a sequel to the earlier game by KovuLKD, Impressive Title.

- Connect Your Account -

!! Information Regarding Account Registration !!

Downloads | Game Rules | Tutorials

FeralHeart Staff |  Forum Rules | Forum Help
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 11:45:00 pm by Insoholic »

Signature art by Kynvuu

SpicyDirt

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2021, 04:26:10 pm »
- Can you provide us with any updates on the problem with the "FeralHeart.exe" download link on the "Download" page?

We are currently working on fixing that link. The only person with access to fix it is Raz himself so it depends on him for when exactly it will be fixed. In the meantime there is a working download in Ame's post on how to download the patch as long as they use the mediafire/drive links!

Currently there is not a plan on it - though I think at this point it is safe to say that we all want it gone. Again, this is a decision left up to Raz himself.

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2021, 05:49:59 pm »

We are currently working on fixing that link. The only person with access to fix it is Raz himself so it depends on him for when exactly it will be fixed. In the meantime there is a working download in Ame's post on how to download the patch as long as they use the mediafire/drive links!

Currently there is not a plan on it - though I think at this point it is safe to say that we all want it gone. Again, this is a decision left up to Raz himself.

Thanks for the updates Spicy! Hopefully Raz can fix these things. I know there’s a lot the staff team can’t just do on their own, so I appreciate you letting us know what’s being worked on behind the scenes!

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!