Author Topic: Portals will not appear; maps won't appear  (Read 833 times)

Offline ChenoahStylerJE

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • ChenoahHorseKin
    • View Profile
Portals will not appear; maps won't appear
« on: February 09, 2022, 02:44:51 am »
I've got an issue where portals won't show or appear. I've tried changing the portal look with a mod, but it won't show like the game won't import the map into the game.
I've found one thread (for importing/installing maps), and it did not work.
The thread: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=62108.0
It could be that I don't exactly process information in the same way others may, I might have done something wrong. Or the fact that it's based upon an older version of the game.
He/They
I like Renard Queenston and South park (my fav character is kenny)

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
Re: Portals will not appear; maps won't appear
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2022, 11:19:16 pm »
Gonna toss this quote here from Bawfle just in case. Have you tried this?

Just going to make sure, but are you sure you placed all .fhm, .fho, .fhs (if provided) and .fhw (if provided) into Local Disk (C:) \\ FeralHeart \\ exports. If you have then you should be able to see and enter the map through it's portal. Thing is, the custom map portals are so difficult to see in Cape of Distant Worlds because of how transparent and how dark the area is. The first portal will be found directly to your left or right, behind the small hill where the stone arches are.

If you're still having a hard time finding them, I suggest you download and install my portal mod to the game. Custom Portals - Improved

I'd make sure you're putting the .fhm files in the exports folder! that may be way they're not showing up.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 11:21:14 pm by D-ead7Dog »

Artwork (c) Lynxbrush & CosmicFatality

Originally registered January 15, 2011